Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of state delivery to receive Model Y Built in Austin Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model Y on order with May delivery date. Is there anyway to change my delivery site to another state in order to ensure a vehicle built in Austin Texas?
I really want the structural battery pack with 4680 batteries. It to bad Tesla doesn't offer a factory delivery because that would be a lot of fun.

Just tired of all the folks playing games with hold which puts rest of us with crazy jumping edds.
There are very very few doing that. I’d bet only a couple hundred gaming things and a few hundred more with legit reason.
More of the problem is people adding FSD etc to jump the line…. But even that is only a few thousand at most. Tesla, new Y and new FSD orders and chips etc are the main things going on.

Upvote 0
Keep playing games and karma will get ur rear.
What's the game? Just following Tesla's stated rules. I have a Tesla and an Ioniq 5 in the driveway. No worries here, either way. Just gambling with Tesla's secrecy.

I would submit, that it is Tesla who is "playing games", by not being upfront and transparent with the consumer. And, let's see, what other games?
Floating delivery dates, constant price increases, delayed promises, poor quality service and designing vehicles with the dream that FSD will exist in the next eight years, especially on those non-painted country and snow-covered roads (another way to suck $$$ out of naive consumers.) FSD at $12,000 is the biggest rip-off in years. "I'd gladly pay you today for a hamburger on Tues." Tues, 2031) Over the years, I have had every Tesla made (except the Roadster), and they make an amazing product, but sadly, like any company that explodes, they have turned into a money-grubbing machine, since the bean counters took over. Don't get me wrong, it's great for my stock, but not for the consumer.

I agree. Tesla needs to quit playing games, Karma will get them in the rearview mirror. I just look at the IONIQ 5 in the driveway and say WOW! All that for $51K, $20k less than my MYP on order. Not to even consider the $7500 tax credit at the end of the year. That's $27,500 less. Do you really you think that young aspiring Tesla owners who have been priced out of the market are going to hold out for a Tesla with that price disparity??? , NOT, especially when the Ioniq comes with real blind spot indicators in the mirror (not one that requires you to look at your small monitor to the right, when you are changing lanes to the left), a 256 mile range that is real, actually 264, and not 80% of stated range, a Bose sound system with a serious subwoofer, reclining ottoman seats, glass roof shades that meet in the middle, rapid charging (10% to 80% in 18 min), FREE, yes, FREE charging for two years, huge back seat, 120v plug in the back seat, four levels of regenerative braking, new styling, three power modes (Eco, normal, sport) so you can shift on the fly to save range and 0-60 stated at 5.2 that is actually 4.74 sec, and, sorry, the seats don't fart, but they are air-cooled). WARNING TO GAMING TESA: OBJECTS IN MIRROR, ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a Model Y on order with May delivery date. Is there anyway to change my delivery site to another state in order to ensure a vehicle built in Austin Texas?
I really want the structural battery pack with 4680 batteries. It to bad Tesla doesn't offer a factory delivery because that would be a lot of fun.
Cancel your order and wait for them to launch the Standard Range AWD on the website is the only way you can guarantee.

Upvote 0
What's the game? Just following Tesla's stated rules. I have a Tesla and an Ioniq 5 in the driveway. No worries here, either way. Just gambling with Tesla's secrecy.

I would submit, that it is Tesla who is "playing games", by not being upfront and transparent with the consumer. And, let's see, what other games?
Floating delivery dates, constant price increases, delayed promises, poor quality service and designing vehicles with the dream that FSD will exist in the next eight years, especially on those non-painted country and snow-covered roads (another way to suck $$$ out of naive consumers.) FSD at $12,000 is the biggest rip-off in years. "I'd gladly pay you today for a hamburger on Tues." Tues, 2031) Over the years, I have had every Tesla made (except the Roadster), and they make an amazing product, but sadly, like any company that explodes, they have turned into a money-grubbing machine, since the bean counters took over. Don't get me wrong, it's great for my stock, but not for the consumer.

I agree. Tesla needs to quit playing games, Karma will get them in the rearview mirror. I just look at the IONIQ 5 in the driveway and say WOW! All that for $51K, $20k less than my MYP on order. Not to even consider the $7500 tax credit at the end of the year. That's $27,500 less. Do you really you think that young aspiring Tesla owners who have been priced out of the market are going to hold out for a Tesla with that price disparity??? , NOT, especially when the Ioniq comes with real blind spot indicators in the mirror (not one that requires you to look at your small monitor to the right, when you are changing lanes to the left), a 256 mile range that is real, actually 264, and not 80% of stated range, a Bose sound system with a serious subwoofer, reclining ottoman seats, glass roof shades that meet in the middle, rapid charging (10% to 80% in 18 min), FREE, yes, FREE charging for two years, huge back seat, 120v plug in the back seat, four levels of regenerative braking, new styling, three power modes (Eco, normal, sport) so you can shift on the fly to save range and 0-60 stated at 5.2 that is actually 4.74 sec, and, sorry, the seats don't fart, but they are air-cooled). WARNING TO GAMING TESA: OBJECTS IN MIRROR, ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR!
Ioniq isn’t as good looking imo. I’ve seen many up close and the lines aren’t appealing. Best of luck with yours

Reactions: RayzorEV
Upvote 0
In the door jam of the car there is a sticker that lists the gross weight of the vehicle. I’m no expert, but I believe this is universal
Exactly! Reading, like I would hope you did with my post you quoted, is what I have been saying is necessary. So….a door jam has to be read (again which is my point)…you will have to read the difference in weight (on the door jam, website, or Monroney sticker), you won’t be able to tell from just looking at it, or driving it (unless you are a professional driver). Meaning the average person will not be able to tell the difference between cars built at different plants.

Reactions: advocate8
Upvote 0
Today I watched a YouTube from Ryan Shaw and he said based on the Tesla Q1 earnings call, only standard range model Ys built in Austin will have the 4680 battery and structural battery pack. The MYLR and MYP will have 2170 battery and be structurally the same as Fremont MYLR and MYP. This is apparently being done ton conserve 4680 cells until they can scale up, which may take awhile. He is pretty reputabl.

Upvote 0
Today I watched a YouTube from Ryan Shaw and he said based on the Tesla Q1 earnings call, only standard range model Ys built in Austin will have the 4680 battery and structural battery pack. The MYLR and MYP will have 2170 battery and be structurally the same as Fremont MYLR and MYP. This is apparently being done ton conserve 4680 cells until they can scale up, which may take awhile. He is pretty reputabl.

As I predicted, he lies (like someone else we know). Perhaps alternative facts? Wait until he he gets the Twitter megaphone.

This is an interesting development, as Tesla previously suggested that Giga Texas would build Model Y EVs equipped with the structural battery packs featuring 4680 cells and didn't mention anything about making the version with 2170 batteries in Austin.

Upvote 0
As I predicted, he lies (like someone else we know). Perhaps alternative facts? Wait until he he gets the Twitter megaphone.

This is an interesting development, as Tesla previously suggested that Giga Texas would build Model Y EVs equipped with the structural battery packs featuring 4680 cells and didn't mention anything about making the version with 2170 batteries in Austin.
It was mentioned from the get go. Elon doesn’t lie he just over optimistic with his time frames.

Upvote 0
I'm still waiting to hear when/where Musk "mentioned from the get go" that giga Austin was going to produce vehicles with 2170 batteries, unless of course...it's a lie. My research shows it doesn't exist. I genuinely would like to know.

I have the utmost respect for Mr. Musk's talents and abilities and Tesla vehicles (my seventh is coming in May). His genius qualities produce great products for the public and for the planet.

Being objective, I just wish he would be less deceptive and more transparent. That's where a PR and marketing department could be of great value to Tesla. Unfortunately, not his style, (did you ever try calling Tesla?), probably because his personality is combative and he demands total control. The emotional IQ is lacking, yielding to fluctuating exhuberance, and his being overly enthusiastic, and at times petty.
Ad hominem attacks are costly to credibility (like the T-shirt) and it shouldn't be Elon's concern if Bill Gates has a few extra donuts.

An emotional IQ deficit also results in not being in tune with your buying public.....Like not providing a charging cable with an electric car. Say what?

When you don't have a marketing and PR department, decisions like that are going to be heavily swayed by the bean counters, as I am sure that decision, and many others, was (FSD price, $ for garage opener, price raises, $ for premium maps/audio, charging price raises, etc.). How can we squeeze a few extra bucks out of the consumer, before they notice and rebel.

My 2014 S has all of those abilities for no extra cost. The value of a new vehicle should increase over time, not decrease. But, how else could a company have a $5 billion new factory in Berlin and a $10 billion new factory in Austin and have zero, (0), none, nada debt! I applaud that and it is great for us shareholders, but a bit out of balance for the consumer.

As stated, lack of credibility eventually catches up with even the best. That does not reflect on accomplishments to date, but "Beware Objects in the Mirror are Closer than they Appear."

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I'm still waiting to hear when/where Musk "mentioned from the get go" that giga Austin was going to produce vehicles with 2170 batteries, unless of course...it's a lie. My research shows it doesn't exist. I genuinely would like to know.

I have the utmost respect for Mr. Musk's talents and abilities and Tesla vehicles (my seventh is coming in May). His genius qualities produce great products for the public and for the planet.

Being objective, I just wish he would be less deceptive and more transparent. That's where a PR and marketing department could be of great value to Tesla. Unfortunately, not his style, (did you ever try calling Tesla?), probably because his personality is combative and he demands total control. The emotional IQ is lacking, yielding to fluctuating exhuberance, and his being overly enthusiastic, and at times petty.
Ad hominem attacks are costly to credibility (like the T-shirt) and it shouldn't be Elon's concern if Bill Gates has a few extra donuts.

An emotional IQ deficit also results in not being in tune with your buying public.....Like not providing a charging cable with an electric car. Say what?

When you don't have a marketing and PR department, decisions like that are going to be heavily swayed by the bean counters, as I am sure that decision, and many others, was (FSD price, $ for garage opener, price raises, $ for premium maps/audio, charging price raises, etc.). How can we squeeze a few extra bucks out of the consumer, before they notice and rebel.

My 2014 S has all of those abilities for no extra cost. The value of a new vehicle should increase over time, not decrease. But, how else could a company have a $5 billion new factory in Berlin and a $10 billion new factory in Austin and have zero, (0), none, nada debt! I applaud that and it is great for us shareholders, but a bit out of balance for the consumer.

As stated, lack of credibility eventually catches up with even the best. That does not reflect on accomplishments to date, but "Beware Objects in the Mirror are Closer than they Appear."
It means you didn’t do your research good enough. And no Tesla doesn’t need PR department.

Upvote 0
It makes sense to me that the standard range Y only, for now, gets the new 4680 and structural battery pack. It wouldn’t make sense to have different versions of MYLR/MYP coming out of Fremont vs. Austin. I believe if the standard range does well and they are able to scale up the production of 4680 battery cells, then they will migrate to that for all Ys. But my sense is we are more than a year away from that. I understand why so many are upset in that they were hoping for model Y 2.0.

Upvote 0