Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first impressions after a month in my S75D.

Negatives - some are very picky!
1. Internet is a total waste of time, too slow and lack of flash almost always a problem, easier/faster to siri my iphone.
2. Parcel shelf terrible quality, would have helped me accept it, if it at least had a cord to raise it with the boot opening.
3. Aluminium door thresholds are so soft I scuffed the drivers one within a day! No protection at all, and although look nice, they're a BAD BAD design, when I complained, I was told tough, you can buy a new one (£60)! AFTER ONE DAY!
4. Annoying thing is that the wipers do not lift when cleaning the car unless in service mode, which is a faff.
5. Carpet mats that came with the car look like they won't last very long before wearing through.
6. Key (although lovely) needs a hook otherwise you need a case, which defeats the object of being beautiful.
7. Would be much better if you could view the other cameras on the screen rather than just the rear.
8. No wifi hotspot available, despite supposedly being a very high tech car.
9. Cruise control - I appreciate I can buy autopilot but I would expect Adaptive Cruise standard on a car of this cost
10. Most cars this price come with rear privacy glass, this doesn't.
11. No option to watch videos in park (when supercharging for example) is disappointing (from USB stick for example).
12. Range is less than I expected. I know it's new and I'm giving test drives all the time, but wouldn't get much more than 200 miles from a full charge. Was hoping for nearer 250.
13. Lack of control over the automatic headlights. You can turn them off, but after 5 minutes they're back on again!

Positives
1. Performance is amazing (I have the 'uncorked' 4.2 secs).
2. Handling is amazing (4wd) I cannot wheel spin in any degree of wetness.
3. Screen quality is fantastic (especially the one behind the steering wheel).
4. Seats are very comfortable.
5. Glass roof is gorgeous.
6. Headlights are great quality.
7. Love the power tailgate - other cars open, but few close automatically.
8. Love the regen braking - almost 1 foot driving
9. Googlemaps satallite view looks great, impresses most people immediately.
10. General build quality is better than I expected (from reading reviews beforehand).
11. Spotify Premium is great.
12. Rear view camera during driving is a nice touch.
13. Voice recognition is amazing - given my pretty bad regional accent too.
14. App is great, nice to see the charging status at any time.

As I think of more, I'll add them.

LOVE THE CAR SO FAR THOUGH!

On Tuesday manage to grab a 90D and picked it up in Devon PA on Saturday. We rented a car one way to pick up.

Delivery at the Devon dealership was phenomenal couldn't have had a better experience. Paper work was quick and then review of the car and functionality in detail. Never felt rushed.

After Delivery we head from Devon Pa to Chincoteague VA to visit the my in-laws. .Drive was approx 200 miles. Stopped at a supercharger in Salisbury md for approx 10 minutes and added about 55 miles to the battery. Arrived with 106 miles left on the battery and plugged in overnight to a 110 outlet and added approx 46 miles overnight. Today headed home from there with a stop in Crisfield MD approx another 180 miles. Stop at same super charger for approx 20 minutes(let it go till 80%).

Overall we love the car and were extremely impressed by the ride, seats and functionality. EAP worked exceptionally well and I used it I would estimate 85% of the drive. Few times on a two line highway it would start to drift into some of the left turn lanes but 98% of the time would correct quickly before I had to intervene. Only thing we were sure of were the base multi pattern seats in the end we really like them. Normally my back would lock up on drives this long. Driving the Tesla if eventually got slightly tight but no where near what I would have experienced in other cars.

Disappointed in the NAV system, arrival times were off on each trip by 40-60 minutes. Speed limits were wrong on many roads. We ended up just following Waze on the phone. Anybody have an tips for using Waze and setting phone where it is visible?

Drivers seat and passenger seats feel slightly different, driver seats seams to hug a little more then the passenger seat. Both comfortable but just odd they seemed different.

Entertainment I will likely continue to use my phone as I can get subscribed podcast for free vs upgrading to premium account on the car. Same with Music Amazon prime gets me free music with ability to make playlist etc.

Used summoning mode to get out of inlaws garage, and tried to use in my garage but it stopped about 12 inches short of where it needed to be to fit.

Twice had to reboot the main and drivers screen. Climate off message stuck on drivers screen and 2nd time climate wouldn't turn off.

Can't wait to drive it everyday.

On Tuesday manage to grab a 90D and picked it up in Devon PA on Saturday. We rented a car one way to pick up.

Delivery at the Devon dealership was phenomenal couldn't have had a better experience. Paper work was quick and then review of the car and functionality in detail. Never felt rushed.

I picked up my 2017 S90D Metallic Blue at Devon PA as well last month. It was a seamless delivery experience for me too. I rely on my phone for navigation and mount it just to the left of the touchscreen.

Reactions: sdugan99
Just took delivery of my MS 75D in Devon, PA. The staff was great and fixed everything I asked before leaving. There were mostly cosmetic issues, minor scratches and the seats had some marks which they took care of. Took some getting used to to start driving it on the road knowing that I now own it.

My impressions:

Auto pilot showed up about 40 miles into the drive and I immediatelyl started using it. To my surprise it worked really well. Not sure why so many people complain about AP 2.0 or 2.5 vs 1.0. It was smooth and I didn't have any issues with it.

The ride is amazing and the power is incredible. I don't think I would ever want to drive a gas car again.

My only complaints are that I tried the Autopark and got it to work a couple times, but I'm assuming it only works if it's a spot in between 2 cars? Not if its a few open spots together.

Also I could not get auto lane change to work at all on the trip. Its enabled on in my settings. Might have to ask the service center about this. 20171012_181534_HDR.jpg 20171012_181458.jpg 20171012_181446.jpg

I picked up my S90D at Devon PA about a month ago too. I tried parallel parking at home after picking it up and learned that auto park takes some time to start working properly with sensors becoming fully functional a day or two after delivery. So, that may be why auto lane may not be working right away. There doesn't necessarily have to be a spot in between two cars to parallel park. I park daily between a car and a curb and auto park works great every time.

I picked up my S90D at Devon PA about a month ago too. I tried parallel parking at home after picking it up and learned that auto park takes some time to start working properly with sensors becoming fully functional a day or two after delivery. So, that may be why auto lane may not be working right away. There doesn't necessarily have to be a spot in between two cars to parallel park. I park daily between a car and a curb and auto park works great every time.

How about perpendicular parking when there are clear lane markings but maybe 2 spots in between 2 cars for example? Also any way to disable the rear seatbelt warning. I had a passenger who didn't want to wear his but the the warning kept popping up on my dash blocking the nav map. He had to buckle it and just sit over it.

How about perpendicular parking when there are clear lane markings but maybe 2 spots in between 2 cars for example? Also any way to disable the rear seatbelt warning. I had a passenger who didn't want to wear his but the the warning kept popping up on my dash blocking the nav map. He had to buckle it and just sit over it.

According to the manual:
"Autopark detects potential perpendicular parking spaces that are at least 9.5 feet (2.9 meters) wide with a vehicle parked on each side. Autopark detects parallel parking spaces that are at least 20 feet (6 meters), but less than 49 feet (15 meters) long. Autopark does not operate on angled parking spaces."

According to the manual:
"Autopark detects potential perpendicular parking spaces that are at least 9.5 feet (2.9 meters) wide with a vehicle parked on each side. Autopark detects parallel parking spaces that are at least 20 feet (6 meters), but less than 49 feet (15 meters) long. Autopark does not operate on angled parking spaces."

Any ideas about the rear seat belt warning?

Any ideas about the rear seat belt warning?

Besides telling the idiot to put on their belt? :D
Honestly, the biggest problem I've had is people putting the seatbelt into the wrong buckle! The rear right passenger has 4 different times put it into the middle passenger buckle. The car still insists they're not buckled in because that seat isn't actually buckled - the middle seat is. They then have an awful time trying to unfasten it because the button is facing the wrong direction (for them).

Besides telling the idiot to put on their belt? :D
Honestly, the biggest problem I've had is people putting the seatbelt into the wrong buckle! The rear right passenger has 4 different times put it into the middle passenger buckle. The car still insists they're not buckled in because that seat isn't actually buckled - the middle seat is. They then have an awful time trying to unfasten it because the button is facing the wrong direction (for them).

I don't mind the warning, what I mind is that it shows over the navigation map while I'm driving

I don't mind the warning, what I mind is that it shows over the navigation map while I'm driving

Yeah, honestly, I found it pretty annoying as well (had to make the passenger switch the buckle which took a while). Whoever's in the back should still put on their belt. Won't put on your belt - get out of my car. My car, my rules. Besides, the Tesla's damn annoying about it otherwise. ;)

Sounds like a piper Cub.

You think a Tesla is expensive?

I've gone out with many private plane owners for the $100 hamburger. Jump in plane after pre trip fire u fly 60 to 100 miles or so order a hamburger at the airport diner then fly back to home field. Fuel up plane before parking

Voila!!! The $100 hamburger.

I have to admit to do a date ike this. I had a co=worker wanting time and I paid for the gas. I drove my gf at the time past the airport as we were looking for a place to eat in Dallas. I said (complete setup mind you), hey, I know a good place, and drove into the airport, over to a hanger, where my friend was waiting... he flew us to Texarkana for a lunch and back. I think it was around $100 in 1992...

After Delivery we head from Devon Pa to Chincoteague VA to visit the my in-laws. .Drive was approx 200 miles. Stopped at a supercharger in Salisbury md for approx 10 minutes and added about 55 miles to the battery. Arrived with 106 miles left on the battery and plugged in overnight to a 110 outlet and added approx 46 miles overnight. Today headed home from there with a stop in Crisfield MD approx another 180 miles. Stop at same super charger for approx 20 minutes(let it go till 80%).

Overall we love the car and were extremely impressed by the ride, seats and functionality. EAP worked exceptionally well and I used it I would estimate 85% of the drive. Few times on a two line highway it would start to drift into some of the left turn lanes but 98% of the time would correct quickly before I had to intervene. Only thing we were sure of were the base multi pattern seats in the end we really like them. Normally my back would lock up on drives this long. Driving the Tesla if eventually got slightly tight but no where near what I would have experienced in other cars.

Disappointed in the NAV system, arrival times were off on each trip by 40-60 minutes. Speed limits were wrong on many roads. We ended up just following Waze on the phone. Anybody have an tips for using Waze and setting phone where it is visible?

Drivers seat and passenger seats feel slightly different, driver seats seams to hug a little more then the passenger seat. Both comfortable but just odd they seemed different.

Entertainment I will likely continue to use my phone as I can get subscribed podcast for free vs upgrading to premium account on the car. Same with Music Amazon prime gets me free music with ability to make playlist etc.

Used summoning mode to get out of inlaws garage, and tried to use in my garage but it stopped about 12 inches short of where it needed to be to fit.

Twice had to reboot the main and drivers screen. Climate off message stuck on drivers screen and 2nd time climate wouldn't turn off.

Can't wait to drive it everyday.

Thrilled to hear that you had a great experience at the Devon location. Put in our order on 10/1 and that's our pick up location. Very pumped.

The only issue I had when I picked up my new just built car was that is was dirty around the edges and it was noticeable!!! Every new car I have purchased over 25 years from $15K to $60K was every clean inside and out detailed, this car was not, I was disappointed with that, $100k and dirty inside and out. BUT I love this car in every way (but no mirror lights WTH)! It's a pleasure to drive and the power, WOW, awesome!

I take delivery tomorrow, will update with my experience. I'll say the buying experience (inventory car) was quite good. My OA search high and low to find the right one, ended up with a very new 75 that didn't show up on ev-cpo.

He did give me wrong information on the 75D uncorking that cost me a car (it sold before we found out the truth) but in the end I think I ended up with a better fit, so it all worked out.

If anybody in the San Diego area wants a referral for an OA that will definitely search inventory high and low, PM me.