Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D- is absolutely ridiculous!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is on the fence as to what to get, the P3D- represents an amazing value with this price adjustment The only item I cared for was the larger red brakes in the PUP package but didn’t justify the 5k upgrade.

The P3D- is the ultimate sleeper and there is no way you would not get it if you were already thinking about AWD dual motor. I don’t have badges and let people think its a RWD until I give them a quick whiplash!

+ means it has the $5k PUP (Performance Upgrade Package). This is the 20" Sport wheels, sticky tires, big red brakes, carbon fiber spoiler, performance pedals, higher top speed, and track mode. P- is just as fast, but comes with 18" or 19" wheels and you don't get the items I mentioned. It's basically an uncorked dual motor. P- isn't listed on the website, you have to work with a sales advisor, etc.

The P- still has the top speed and track mode.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
It was very clear in the configurator that the p- didn’t include the top speed or track mode. Granted we haven’t seen an Australian / NZ p- delivered , yet. Time will tell.

I wonder if in Australia the P3D- will have the “Dual Motor” with the red underline badge or is that only reserved for the P3D+?

What do the P3D- cars in the USA have as far as the badge goes?

And even the P100DL will seem tame compared to the 2020 Roadster. But then again you have people like Leah Pritchett who drive Funny Cars that do a quarter mile in 3.6 seconds and you wonder what those insane G forces must be like. Watch at 1:09.

FYI...funny car races are 1000ft, not 1/4 mile (1320ft). That extra 320ft makes for a much more-dangerous, larger trap speed.

Source: Funny Car - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: JBT66
I was ready to put my order in for a 3d- with 18s tonight, but really had my heart set on white with black interior. The Rep said I had to pick from their stock as they call these ones "Frankenstein cars" and they can't order them that way and they don't know how long they will offer them for. Any truth to this?

I was ready to put my order in for a 3d- with 18s tonight, but really had my heart set on white with black interior. The Rep said I had to pick from their stock as they call these ones "Frankenstein cars" and they can't order them that way and they don't know how long they will offer them for. Any truth to this?

yep that is what I have heard

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Just took delivery of the P3D- and I have to say it is an absolute blast!!! I loved the RWD LR model I had before, but this is on a whole new level of utter ridiculousness (in a good way).

The sheer brutal, violent acceleration of the P3D- is no joke. The RWD has a nice punch, but the P3D is like a punch to the throat and stomach. It’s so quick.

If you’re on the fence, go for it. It’s a great value (relatively speaking of course). To me, this is the best Tesla Model 3 configuration available, and it’s not even close. For under 50K you can get a car that does 0-60 in 3 seconds and change, while retaining good ride quality and excellent range thanks to the Aero wheels.

I won’t lie, I wasn’t a fan of the Aeros at all, and it was one of the main reasons why I was considering the PUP, but I suggest just getting over it or buying an extra set of wheels, or removing the covers and getting the wheel cap kit. The wheels make a huge difference in range, ride quality, and overall cost savings (no bent rims, Uber-expensive rubber, etc).

One of my favorite things about this config is just how much of a sleeper it is. This is the definition of a sleeper car, and I love that. It’s relatively low key, (well, as low key as you can be in a Model 3) which is my preference. It’s so unassuming, outside of the small Dual Motor badge with the red underline. It lends a subtle hint as to what this thing is capable of, but it’s otherwise completely unassuming. But like others have said, those who know, know. And that folks is why the P3D- is the best Tesla vehicle configuration in my opinion.

I just had P85D loaner, I couldn't believe the insanity off the line.
I have the urge now for a performance model or used P85D.