Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ misc info and pics- wheel weight, calipers, suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes those rotors are way cool but they are also way expensive at over $900. They'd have to be seriously light to be worth that much. On the upside unless you're racing the car they should last a really long time.
Yep, definitely pricey, but have you seen the only other option available? Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit

I think that's just the way it's going to be until more companies get on board with Model 3 upgrades.

• Funny
Reactions: FlyNavy01
Yep, definitely pricey, but have you seen the only other option available? Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit

I think that's just the way it's going to be until more companies get on board with Model 3 upgrades.

Yes 9 Grand just for the front brakes is a bit steep. I wonder what the discs themselves go for when you have to replace those? Probably something like $ 1500 - 2,000 a disc? Interesting to contemplate though how much unsprung weight you could drop off the front end of the car by going with that setup and then the lightest set of forged wheels which are around 20 21 pounds for a 20in wheel. Then there's the combined bill between the forged wheels and the carbon fiber ceramic brakes. That looks like it's somewhere north of 11 Grand at least. Out of my budget range I'm afraid

Yes those rotors are way cool but they are also way expensive at over $900. They'd have to be seriously light to be worth that much. On the upside unless you're racing the car they should last a really long time. The other issue for me is that they would need to produce a complementary pair for the rear just to keep the Aesthetics balanced
They are much thicker than OEM. The aluminum hat offsets this extra iron, so the rotors weigh in at roughly the same as OEM.

And yes, the rears are in the works as we speak, how could we not offer a matching set?

They are much thicker than OEM. The aluminum hat offsets this extra iron, so the rotors weigh in at roughly the same as OEM.

And yes, the rears are in the works as we speak, how could we not offer a matching set?

Nice! When you say they are much thicker I'm assuming that does not mean that they will not still work with the stock Brembo brakes? How much thicker is much thicker?

I guess this means you'll be maybe offering like a carbon-ceramic brake kit too? Those are for sure way cool but unfortunately out of my price range

Last edited:
Nice! When you say they are much thicker I'm assuming that does not mean that they will not still work with the stock Brembo brakes? How much thicker is much thicker?

I guess this means you'll be maybe offering like a carbon-ceramic brake kit too? Those are for sure way cool but unfortunately out of my price range

They are designed to work with the stock calipers!

Ever since a certain brake manufacturer copied our design we will not share actual measurements. Thankfully, they have a reputation for exploding rotors so everything tends to work out. We are not planning on offering super expensive CC brakes.

These rotors look like STOPTECH Aero-rotors. $900 is a good price if the rotor rings are indeed manufactured by STOPTECH.

And based on this description below, it does sound like STOPTECH.
  • Rotors made by a leading brake supplier with winning experience in the highest level of motorsport.

As a general rule, before you buy something safety related like brakes, just type <insert brand here>+fail in Google and do some reading!

I did a little research on the on the GTR forums and most people seem to be happy but there were some people that had issues with their brake calipers.

But you are right I would rather have your parts. Sasha I always wondered if you could make a front brake big brake kit with a 355-350mm disk to fit 18" wheels? I have a performance model 3 without PUP

I did a little research on the on the GTR forums and most people seem to be happy but there were some people that had issues with their brake calipers.

But you are right I would rather have your parts. Sasha I always wondered if you could make a front brake big brake kit with a 355-350mm disk to fit 18" wheels? I have a performance model 3 without PUP

We had a pre-order available for stock diameter 2pc rotors but no one was interested so we cancelled it. Our 365mm BBK is really the minimum amount rotor you will need for track driving. Anything smaller would be an expensive cosmetic item.

We had a pre-order available for stock diameter 2pc rotors but no one was interested so we cancelled it. Our 365mm BBK is really the minimum amount rotor you will need for track driving. Anything smaller would be an expensive cosmetic item.

When I had my ISF it had 360mm rotors and I was able to clear 18" wheels. What is the overall envelope diameter with your caliper adapter?

They are designed to work with the stock calipers!

Ever since a certain brake manufacturer copied our design we will not share actual measurements. Thankfully, they have a reputation for exploding rotors so everything tends to work out. We are not planning on offering super expensive CC brakes.

Why would I ever need to upgrade the brakes on my P3D+ if I'm not a track person? I have not seen people in their P3D+'s flying around corners here in Chicago.

I see some launches and such, but no one excessively heating up their brake rotors.

Why would I ever need to upgrade the brakes on my P3D+ if I'm not a track person? I have not seen people in their P3D+'s flying around corners here in Chicago.

I see some launches and such, but no one excessively heating up their brake rotors.
I'd like carbon rotors for corrosion resistance. Although I've heard reports that they can suck for daily drivers for other reasons (I don't know what they are)