Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D First long trip, range data, etc...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I tried another cruise control at 65 MPH down the highway again. No love from the efficiency numbers. No climate control enabled here, range mode + sport mode.

19:33:41:
2014-12-26 19.33.41s.jpg

20:10:59:
2014-12-26 20.10.59r.jpg

Using the images to calculate my speed I get 39.5 miles over 37 minutes and 18 seconds, which actually comes out to 63.53 MPH avg. I had one slowdown in a construction zone down to ~60 MPH for less than a minute, aside from that cruise at 65 MPH.

So, 357 Wh/mi for ~65 MPH cruise over 43.5 miles. My P85 has done this stretch multiple times closer to the 310-320 Wh/mi range at 70-75 MPH, in lower outside temps.

Hoping they get this update out soon, and hoping it works.

Following along with this one - I find it interesting that 100% was only 243 miles. I've got about 29,000 miles on my P85 and I usually get 240 miles when I set the charge to the top of the "daily" meter (is that 80%, I forget). Also - I actually find that my 21 wheels get better mileage than my 19s! So go figure...

I was at Tesla two days ago and they told me that if I swap in 21" wheels for my 19" wheels, I will get better mileage.

That is the opposite of what the Tesla web site advertises in the "Range per charge" section of the Model S page. Its calculator says you will always get more KM out of a set of 19" wheels.

As a result of the local guy saying no, 21" wheels will get you more range, I came here to search. I didn't look too long but the claim above is the only one I can find saying this is so.

Can anyone corroborate?

I was at Tesla two days ago and they told me that if I swap in 21" wheels for my 19" wheels, I will get better mileage.

That is the opposite of what the Tesla web site advertises in the "Range per charge" section of the Model S page. Its calculator says you will always get more KM out of a set of 19" wheels.

As a result of the local guy saying no, 21" wheels will get you more range, I came here to search. I didn't look too long but the claim above is the only one I can find saying this is so.

Can anyone corroborate?

Misunderstanding, I think. 19s definitely provide more range. The fellow you were speaking to is mistaken.