Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D sold for $87k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price bring the same, for a car in good condition I'd rather buy it from a private seller and still be eligible for the extended warranty.

^^^ This. The one aspect I am really disappointed with the Tesla CPO Program is their refusal to extend the warranty for cars they sell up to the full 8 years of coverage from the in service date. There is no way I'd own a Model S out of warranty and we like to keep cars we buy for 6-7 years so we are really conflicted in going the CPO route because even for a 2016 car, the warranty runs out in 4 years with absolutely no way to extend that.

If the same 2016 MY car is bought via a private party, an Extended Warranty can cover the car for pretty much 8 full years. All things being equal we'd much rather buy private party than CPO.

I really hope this is a policy that Tesla will consider revising. You should be able to pay to extend the CPO warranty to full 8 years from the original in service date just the same as you can with a private party purchase.

Guy's could you comment on the "value" of this car:

85 kWh Performance Model S P67484 | Tesla Motors

It's been up for a while so I'm sure it may be overpriced. A few questions:

1. Is it guaranteed that this 2014 has autopilot?
2. Any extraneous fee's for taking delivery of the vehicle at your service center instead of San Francisco?
3. If the vehicle arrives with any scratches, dings or defects how is that handled?
4. Is the vehicle still able to get the "ludicrous" fuse installed for $5,000?
5. The vehicle would still have the remaining 8-year unlimited mile battery and electric motor warranty and the 4-year 50,000 mile warranty get's "reset"?
6. How long would it take to get to D.C. from San Francisco?
7. Is the $106,000 price a "firm" price?
8. Would this car have the "performance" suspension?

I really like green cars (I know I am in the minority).

^^^ This. The one aspect I am really disappointed with the Tesla CPO Program is their refusal to extend the warranty for cars they sell up to the full 8 years of coverage from the in service date. There is no way I'd own a Model S out of warranty and we like to keep cars we buy for 6-7 years so we are really conflicted in going the CPO route because even for a 2016 car, the warranty runs out in 4 years with absolutely no way to extend that.

If the same 2016 MY car is bought via a private party, an Extended Warranty can cover the car for pretty much 8 full years. All things being equal we'd much rather buy private party than CPO.

I really hope this is a policy that Tesla will consider revising. You should be able to pay to extend the CPO warranty to full 8 years from the original in service date just the same as you can with a private party purchase.

I'm confused. the cpo I purchased (not delivered yet) in December comes with a 4yr/50k warrantee like a new car and the remainder of the 8yr/unlimited mile warrantee on powertrain. that's seems like a really good protection plan. am I reading the warrantee wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Guy's could you comment on the "value" of this car:

85 kWh Performance Model S P67484 | Tesla Motors

It's been up for a while so I'm sure it may be overpriced. A few questions:

1. Is it guaranteed that this 2014 has autopilot?
2. Any extraneous fee's for taking delivery of the vehicle at your service center instead of San Francisco?
3. If the vehicle arrives with any scratches, dings or defects how is that handled?
4. Is the vehicle still able to get the "ludicrous" fuse installed for $5,000?
5. The vehicle would still have the remaining 8-year unlimited mile battery and electric motor warranty and the 4-year 50,000 mile warranty get's "reset"?
6. How long would it take to get to D.C. from San Francisco?
7. Is the $106,000 price a "firm" price?
8. Would this car have the "performance" suspension?

I really like green cars (I know I am in the minority).

they don't negotiate prices in my experience
green is awesome!!
p is for performance (as you mentioned) and would assume it has performance suspension
cpo have a disclosure you have to sign. any damage over 10 mm they are responsible for and tires below 6/32 will be replaced with new and same goes for rims.
how long would it take? I'm still waiting for my car purchased dec 15. the car is in texas and I'm in ny.
there is a delivery fee that can go as high as 1500 ( I negotiated that down to 750)
ludicrous I believe can be done
the car has autopilot look here http://ev-cpo.com/ do it in highest price order and look on page 2. under tech page it's AP
the 4yr/50k gets reset

wow, nice car! looks like a loaner.

Last edited:
silverp85+ : how did you mange to reduce the shipment charges from 1500 to 750? Especially shipping from Dallas to DC.

Mine is coming from Fremont to Dallas and the are charging me $1500.

Thanks

it's being delivered by truck. it's taking too long to happen so he decided to drop the shipping price 750 so he can meet my trade-in price demand. Now he's throwing in a free winter jacket because of further delays. he told me it's on the truck and on the way on Tuesday and I still don't have it today. from my understand on how truckers work, this vehicle should have been in new York by now. I don't know, maybe I don't understand how their trucks work. even if he had 3-4 deliveries, the car should be here by now.

frustration is definitely kicking in.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, you've been waiting that long? How hard could it be to ship a car?

Do you think it's worth $106K? It may be an anomaly, but I wonder if this thread's P85D that sold for ~87K is more close to the market value.

I don't know how that car sold for 87k, it had to be an anomaly. I think if you love something enough, you don't think about it. the question is, do you love it that much to pull the trigger like a band-aid?

Everyone should also be prepared for an avalanche of used MS's hitting the market (and corresponding price drops) when Model 3 starts shipping. The same thing happened to Roadsters when Model S started shipping. Plenty of people have bought Model S's because it's the only car available but really want a Model 3 due to smaller size, cheaper, whatever.

I guess the owner wants to be "compensated" for the miles they've put on the car :) They are looking for a buyer who agrees with them that used cars are worth more than new...

Or, after the guy brought it home his wife told him it was too expensive and he agreed to sell it listing at at full price with tax, registration, pre-rebate, etc. After a few months he can honesty tell her "I really tried to sell it to get our money back, but nobody wanted it. The best offer was tens of thousands less, so we might as well keep it rather than lose that much money." ;-)

Everyone should also be prepared for an avalanche of used MS's hitting the market (and corresponding price drops) when Model 3 starts shipping. The same thing happened to Roadsters when Model S started shipping. Plenty of people have bought Model S's because it's the only car available but really want a Model 3 due to smaller size, cheaper, whatever.

I doubt very much the cpo prices will drop. if they do, why would anyone buy a model 3? they would just wait for people to trade up and get cpo's for a similar price with an amazing warrantee.

Ebay truly is the best indicator of ACTUAL MARKET VALUE. People bid on the cars to the highest someone is willing to actually pay for it. That my friends, is "market value". The P85D that sold for $87,000 was bid to that amount. If it was worth more, why didn't people bid more? Because it wasn't worth more! Ebay is by far the most popular listing site for used Tesla's, commonly having 50-60 of them on there at any given time. Most owners are unrealistic and list them at prices that would net them more than what they paid for it since they likely got the tax credits. How these sellers think they can sell a used car for more than what someone can by a new one for, or for just a couple thousand less is beyond me.

Note quite. I'm not willing to pay as much for a car on ebay as I am in person if I can inspect, drive, and vet it out myself. I've bought cars on ebay but I would never have paid as much as I would have in person because I'm taking a bigger risk and I want a deeper discount to compensate me for taking that risk. Even when the seller is 100%, there are still risks.

You do know you can pay for a third party inspection prior -
x.gif
eBay Motors > Buyer Services & Protection > Vehicle Inspection
x.gif
hdrVehIns1_26x675.gif
Vehicle Inspection
hdrVehIns2_231x8.gif
hdrVehIns3_393x75.gif
hdrVehIns4_110x30.gif
x.gif
Why request an Inspection?

s.gif
x.gif
Whether you are about to place a bid or sell your vehicle on eBay Motors, an inspection by an independent third party is a must-have.
  • Buyers benefit because the inspection is a way to validate a seller's claims about a vehicle's condition.
  • Sellers benefit because the inspection increases potential buyers' confidence in the description of the vehicle's condition.
How do I arrange an inspection today?

s.gif
x.gif
eBay Motors recommends arranging your inspection through SGS Automotive. With their 150-point vehicle inspection, SGS Automotive helps you build the confidence that is crucial to any vehicle sale.
SGS Vehicle Inspections offer:

• Nationwide staff of trained inspectors
  • Inspections performed wherever you are–home, office, or any convenient location
  • Thorough but rapid inspections
  • Reports available online within 24 hours of your inspection
  • 150-point condition report
  • Interior and exterior photography
  • Only $99.50 for most vehicles
btnAuto_165x80.gif
x.gif
btnMotor_165x80.gif
x.gif

logoSGS_112x54.gif

I doubt very much the cpo prices will drop. if they do, why would anyone buy a model 3? they would just wait for people to trade up and get cpo's for a similar price with an amazing warrantee.
Of course there will be drops, but just because demand may flatten and the cars aren't getting any younger. Some people don't necessarily want the bigger Model S for various reasons or want a new car, not a used/CPO.

This is exactly how I bought mine. Bid on the same car for several months - guy finally called me sold for the price I bid.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll make a bet with you JQ11 - that car doesn't sell above $90K, just like the $104K P85D above it with no PANO that has been list for over 12 weeks!.No PANO is a huge hit in the over $70K market.
Ebay is one of the best market price driven environments you can watch for cars. My FJ Cruiser, P85+, Sienna Limited, Passat, VFR800 all bought on eBay at or below market prices without all the dealer drama and fees. Be patient and be persistent - but also be prepared to buy a deal if you see one.