Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D Battery Pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

If you don't have Ludicrous, there's no reason to have a V3 pack. It's unlikely they will switch it out in either case, though.

Since you were one of the successful people getting the replacement done, Is it your opinion that the battery degradation/issues need to be severe before they consider?

I am bringing my p90dl in for service tomorrow and I will mention my displeasure with performance and range of my V1 battery, but, any tips in even "planting the seed" for future replacement would be appreciated.

I have a Ludicrous mode one and when I had a cell fail in my pack, I said they needed to replace it with a V3 since we were going through the process anyway. They would not have replaced the battery if it were still functioning, unfortunately. I asked them about it before the pack failed and they had refused quite staunchly.

I have a Ludicrous mode one and when I had a cell fail in my pack, I said they needed to replace it with a V3 since we were going through the process anyway. They would not have replaced the battery if it were still functioning, unfortunately. I asked them about it before the pack failed and they had refused quite staunchly.
What was your indication that a cell failed in your pack?

Reactions: bhzmark