Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D owners - why no good videos? Aren't you liking your cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you give them a ride and no big reaction?

Yeah, I've given maybe 10 people a ride. Two women freaked out in a P85D I drove before I got my car, one even kept saying stop just before I hit 60. In my car, most of the people have either ridden in or driven a Tesla, or just don't get scared by the acceleration. They are definitely impressed and talk about how crazy fast it is and how they haven't felt anything like it before, but it's not a crazy reaction like the video you just posted. The guy that hit me had a great reaction, but I didn't want to put him on camera with the accident and all.

I don't know why someone one would do it, but you can get a P90D without Ludicrous mode.
I was going to order mine without L mode, but hubby talked me up for "resale" value. I truly doubt I'll notice the .3 difference. The force and speed were quite exhilarating during the test drive, but also a bit anticlimactic because no engine noise. But I am coming from an AMG GL63 where it's all about the engine noise. So happy to finally go from ICE to EV! We had a deposit on Fisker, but got out before they went under. Happy Tesla is powering on!

aww I wish I had coworkers that got scared in my car. Sad panda :(

It depends on the person. I had a loaner P85 for a few days and the reactions were great, even for that 1 year old non-dual motor car! Two of my coworkers needed to sit down beside the car when they got out. It's hard to explain the reaction people have who had never been in an electric car (or high performance car) before. They are stunned. One of my coworkers was unwell for 24 hours afterwards...

It depends on the person. I had a loaner P85 for a few days and the reactions were great, even for that 1 year old non-dual motor car! Two of my coworkers needed to sit down beside the car when they got out. It's hard to explain the reaction people have who had never been in an electric car (or high performance car) before. They are stunned. One of my coworkers was unwell for 24 hours afterwards...

I had friend of mine complaining about being unusually sick (high blood pressure or something like that) after riding in my P85D. Before launches I asked him if he has any medical conditions against riding on roller coaster, he said - I'm 100% fine. And then called me the other day saying he is unwell :).

The force and speed were quite exhilarating during the test drive, but also a bit anticlimactic because no engine noise. But I am coming from an AMG GL63 where it's all about the engine noise. So happy to finally go from ICE to EV! !

Not sure if it's just me, but loud engine noise is old school and will be going out of favor. Now I find it obnoxious and embarrassing especially given that a silent electric outperforms. It was one thing to attract attention to yourself if you were noisy and faster. Now, why would you want to attract attention to yourself and advertise your old technology while losing the "race"?

Not sure if it's just me, but loud engine noise is old school and will be going out of favor. Now I find it obnoxious and embarrassing especially given that a silent electric outperforms. It was one thing to attract attention to yourself if you were noisy and faster. Now, why would you want to attract attention to yourself and advertise your old technology while losing the "race"?
I'm more concerned about attracting the attention of law enforcement and/or annoying the people in my neighborhood with noise pollution. I'm convinced the public doesn't mind (as much) when a Tesla is speeding along because it has the courtesy to do so silently and in an environmentally friendly way.

Due to the pain in his checkbook after placing an order?

Yes, silence is indeed golden. Totally agree. Plus it's hard to hear the radio in that AMG. Defeats the upgraded stereo system for sure.