Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I'd appreciate a newer V3 battery I can support Tesla's decision not to replace these batteries but make them last as long as possible instead. A lot of of precious earth minerals were spent on crafting these batteries and we should put them to good use. I'm treating my battery normally and I hope I don't have to replace it. I intend to keep the car for a couple of years past its warranty. Hopefully it'll be more affordable to replace the pack by then so I can enjoy the car for a long time.

I could also support that if it didn't mean a software change that results in 50% longer supercharging sessions.

I’m curious, do you use A better route planner and link it to your car? I’m really curious what ABRP says your degradation is, since I have very similar statistics to yours

I used it couple of times but to be honest I had no clue that I could link my car until now.
Now I just did and checked, it shows 5% degradation which is bullpoop.
See below:

Yeah, that makes it %79.53 capacity, which would be 20.5% loss so far.
90 being 86, and giving me 69 usable, lets say it keeps 4-5 in hidden for safety. So its actually 73-74 usable.

The loaner model 3 performance I have is supposed to be either 75 or 82, I didnt check the battery label. But the same method of calculation shows 79.1kwh usable capacity at 33000kms in the odometer. Add 4-5 for safety buffer, that makes it 83.1-84.1kwh.
More than 82kwh either way. Or dont they have any safety buffer for model 3? Either way, ABRP is bullpooping me with 5% degradation estimation.

Checked mine, 2016 March Model S P90D, has a v2 battery. 69kwh usable capacity at 100.000 kms on the odometer.
Asked SeC in the Netherlands if I can upgrade to v3 IF my battery fails within the warranty, they said I will get exactly the same part number if it fails within the warranty period.