Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little late in posting this. The notice went out to PDX Tesla while I was in California. We'll be coming from Clark Co, WA and will meet up with the caravan in Cascade Locks.

2nd Annual Hood River Fruit Loop Tour
Sunday 10/20/19

It's that time of year again.
We'll meet in Troutdale at The Columbia Gorge Outlet Stores, at 9am then at 9:30 caravan to Locks Waterfront Grill at 299 SW Portage Rd, Cascade Locks, OR 97014. (30 minute drive)
Meet in the parking lot, grab a drink or use the bathrooms.

We’ll head out at 10:15am

Stops:
1) 11am arrive at Mt View Orchards about 35 miles
This stand has some varieties or pears and apples not available at other stands. They have some activities for kids and are usually selling pumpkins.
This will be about a 20 minute stop.
2) 11:30 arrive at Kiyokawa Family Orchards about 5 miles
This stand has the largest variety of exotics in the valley and they have a playground for kids. It's usually very crowded but parking is available in a field across the street.
This will be about a 30 minute stop.
4) 12:15 arrive at Mt Hood Organic Farm about 6 miles
This is my favorite place on the fruit loop and where I buy the most fruit. The owner is a friendly ex-hippie type who loves Teslas. The property is gorgeous with views of the valley and Mt Hood.
This will be about a 45 minute stop.
5) 1:15 - Wine Tasting about 10 miles
There are several wineries and a cider brewery in Pine Grove just off SR 35 on the way back to Hood River.
This stop is optional. It could be up to an hour.
6) 1:15 or 2:15 - Hood River for Lunch about 5 miles past the wine tasting

There is a large public parking lot on Columbia St with a CHAdeMO charger. There are also some AC chargers around town for anyone who might need one. Hood River has a wide variety of food choices including a micro brewery and a good pizza by the slice place, all within walking distance of the public parking lot.

Charging:
There are CHAdeMO stations in Cascade Locks and Hood River as well as the supercharger a few miles east in the Dalles. The Old Parkdale Inn B&B has an AC charger that costs $5 for non-guests. There are several AC chargers around Hood River too.

Other sights to see:
The Fruit Loop has many more stops. Bill been to some, but not all. He chose my favorites from 15 years of making the trip.
Hood River County Fruit Loop Map - Hood River County Fruit Loop, Oregon

There is a fairly large transportation museum at the Hood River airport. They have more cars than planes, though plenty of both. Most of the cars are from the early days of the automobile, including some 1st gen electric cars.

I scheduled my first service appointment from the app yesterday. The earliest appointment available was 11/13, so the Portland SC doesn't seem to be too slammed.

I made an appointment a few weeks ago and the closest time I could get in was between 2 and 3 weeks. I ended up canceling the appointment because the problem cleared itself (the MCU went nuts throwing a slew of error messages).

Thanks, I would prefer to put it on myself at a later date, when the cop tells me to.....:)
I live in Idaho (front plate required) and got pulled over for a speeding ticket, and the officer noticed and asked, "I see you don't have a front plate on. Why?"
"I haven't put it on yet."
"How long have you had the car?"
"5 years...yeah, that's on me."

It was $60, so I effectively got to pay $12 per year for the privilege of not having a plate for that time. Seemed reasonable to me, but my wife didn't like being worried about it, so I took my medicine and mounted the plate.

I live in Idaho (front plate required) and got pulled over for a speeding ticket, and the officer noticed and asked, "I see you don't have a front plate on. Why?"
"I haven't put it on yet."
"How long have you had the car?"
"5 years...yeah, that's on me."

It was $60, so I effectively got to pay $12 per year for the privilege of not having a plate for that time. Seemed reasonable to me, but my wife didn't like being worried about it, so I took my medicine and mounted the plate.
Maybe some politician will get creative and let you pre-pay for "no front license" tickets, so your wife won't have to worry. For some annual fee you a special tag to put on your rear license plate "I already pre-paid my ticket for no front license" :p

• Funny
Reactions: wenkan and Rocky_H
Maybe some politician will get creative and let you pre-pay for "no front license" tickets, so your wife won't have to worry. For some annual fee you a special tag to put on your rear license plate "I already pre-paid my ticket for no front license" :p

Man, I would totally pay for some sticker or something saying I'm exempt from a front plate. They probably could generate another $100 or so off me a year if they offered that. I can't figure out how useful those front plates are for the police when new cars can go without them for what, 30 days, 60 days, and any car visiting the state from a home state without a front plate rule can run without it.

If there was a 3rd party that managed an electronic beacon that you just mounted somewhere (like the quick toll digital beacons) and it JUST transmitted local (100 foot range or something) license info about the car and not GPS location or speed or anything I probably would pay $100 or so a year for that option to get rid of a front plate!