Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific NW - Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From portland
Centralia and Burlington are conveniently 150 mi apart. Just about perfect for PDX/Seattle or onward to BC

To the south you'd definitely want a charge before the Siskiyou Pass, so I'd vote for Ashland. And the Belt Line in Eugene so you can opt for the coast.

The 2-year plan map initially shown by Tesla at the unveiling event, and made into a cool website here (Tesla Supercharge Map estimator) seems to indicate sites roughly as follows:

Yreka, CA
Grant's Pass, OR
Salem, OR
Longview, WA
North Marysville, WA
West Vancouver, BC

I am sure a number of these will move around as they look for actual lease opportunities, but this is a reasonable approximation to cover I-5/BC Hwy-99.

Those look pretty reasonable. I'd opt for one in Centralia or one closer to Tacoma. The one north of Vancouver is spot on for travel up to Whistler. How soon could we get this installed? March 2013 ok?:biggrin:

The 2-year plan map initially shown by Tesla at the unveiling event, and made into a cool website here (Tesla Supercharge Map estimator) seems to indicate sites roughly as follows:

Yreka, CA
Grant's Pass, OR
Salem, OR
Longview, WA
North Marysville, WA
West Vancouver, BC

I am sure a number of these will move around as they look for actual lease opportunities, but this is a reasonable approximation to cover I-5/BC Hwy-99.

Great map, thanks. This certainly makes the run from Seattle to Whistler doable, even with the 60kwh battery.

At one point someone in the Bellevue store told me that the Supercharger shown south of Seattle/Olympia will be in Centralia, which I think would be an ideal location and quite a bit better than Longview. However, that's purely anecdotal information at this point.

After looking at a number of possible I5 exit sites it looks like the McDonald's at exit 88 may be a possible Supercharger location. Pure speculation but it has the real-estate and the Google satellite image from July shows some new construction that could be the bases for 5 pylons. I plan to check it out the next time I drive through.

The 2-year plan map initially shown by Tesla at the unveiling event, and made into a cool website here (Tesla Supercharge Map estimator)

I've update the map so you can un-check locations (hover over locations on upper right) and placed the radius slider on upper left of the map.
Tesla Supercharge Map estimator
The old map is at:
http://daxzeal.com/SuperChargerMapv1.html

I've still got a bunch of things I'd like to do with it once I get more time (like sorting location check boxes).

I've update the map so you can un-check locations (hover over locations on upper right) and placed the radius slider on upper left of the map.
The old map is at:

I've still got a bunch of things I'd like to do with it once I get more time (like sorting location check boxes).

are you able to change the color of the radius circles on Superchargers already installed? Maybe to blue?

- - - Updated - - -

are you able to change the color of the radius circles on Superchargers already installed? Maybe to blue?

Sorry I loaded the old map. Can you still change them to blue instead of a shade of red, thanks for the great work.

After looking at a number of possible I5 exit sites it looks like the McDonald's at exit 88 may be a possible Supercharger location. Pure speculation but it has the real-estate and the Google satellite image from July shows some new construction that could be the bases for 5 pylons. I plan to check it out the next time I drive through.

I'm headed down to exit 88 today (Great Wolf Lodge).. will check it out.

The old map is at:

Great progress on a very useful resource! I would actually suggest that you make the installed SCs a bright, saturated blue circle and make the prospective ones a fainter red, so it is easier to see the distinction of currently practical travel domains, and the future corridors. Also, try drawing all the future sites first, then adding the current sites, so they appear "on top" and more prominent.

Recargo reports a Roadster charge point at the Burgerville in Centralia. Could that be a possible Supercharger location?
A bit OT, but can an S charge at a Roadster location? Adapter needed?

Yes, the Model S can use the Roadster chargers, with an adapter. Right now these adapters are scarce and cost $650. It was reported that these were only going to be available to Roadster owners, but I was able to order one as a Model S owner. I haven't received it yet.

This general area would be a good location for a Supercharger...lots of restaurants and things to do. There is a Charge Point charger across the street in the Wendy's parking lot, but the J1772 is only 30 amps.

I do b'lieve TM stated that they are bottlenecked by obtaining sites and approvals at the moment, and were inviting suggestions (and/or any facilitation of the approval process). Since the roll-out will be continuing until the end of 2015 at least, I'm sure they will appreciate direct input. That may not generate chargers exactly where you want, as soon as you want, but then again ...

I'm headed down to exit 88 today (Great Wolf Lodge).. will check it out.

Sorry, I already did; unfortunately 5 pick-nick tables not Superchargers. I had hoped with the comments in the original Supercharger announcement that they were coming to Oregon/Washington soon this might be one of the locations. Perhaps there is something going on at one of the other sites noted, I should call the Burgerville in Centralia.