Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

paid for AP1end up without autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I just got my model x 60D today. I paid 2500 for ap1 and expect to show case on New Years party end up find out I don't have ap at all.

Anyone have similar situation?

Should I call services or DS?

Happy new year with your Tesla.

Vonheart

Nobody with a car built since October has any autopilot features. Tesla has made this clear and should have reached out to you many times. It's all over every Tesla site and the Tesla website itself. I also wonder how your DS managed to give you this car without telling you this.

Hopefully some features will be soon, but don't hold your breath.

• Funny
Reactions: TJtv
Hi all

I just got my model x 60D today. I paid 2500 for ap1 and expect to show case on New Years party end up find out I don't have ap at all.

Anyone have similar situation?

Should I call services or DS?

If I am understanding you correctly, many people are in exactly your situation.

At the time you ordered, there probably was no AP2. It sounds like you may have received AP2--a more sophisticated system--without expecting it. Most of the AP2 features are not active yet, though a few are. The ones that are not are set to be activated soon, with some people receiving some additional AP2 features in a software upgrade that was delivered late on December 31.

So while you may not have been able to show off your AP features at the New Years party, you should have a car that will have much better AP functionality than you expected down the road. If I could, I would happily trade my AP1 hardware for your AP2 hardware that isn't completely activated yet. :)

Thanks all for the info.

Today the factory tour was good orientations guys was funny. But there was no one there to show me how to use my car in details such as this.

It seems they just want to move ppl out which I understand as today is the New Year's Eve.

Anyway awesome car, proud owner!

Thanks all for the info.

Today the factory tour was good orientations guys was funny. But there was no one there to show me how to use my car in details such as this.

It seems they just want to move ppl out which I understand as today is the New Year's Eve.

Anyway awesome car, proud owner!
Not just New Years---End of Quarter, End of Year and Sales was very busy with people trying to get ordered before unlimited "Free" Supercharging ends. My local store (Rocklin, CA) was very busy. While waiting to talk to my CS to give me a trade-in quote on my P85D, I helped give info to 3 prospective owners--at least 2 placed orders. I didn't even poach the referrals since they knew current Tesla owners--I reminded them to save the $1,000.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Just in case, call your DS and make sure they've activated AP on their end. In my situation, i didn't order AP initially, but then asked for it prior to taking delivery, so they had to enable it in the SC and my DS had to activate it in their system during delivery, when I came in and paid with credit card for AP. Moral of the story is that it's possibly not activated in the system or in the car itself - doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Hi all. My wife and I are collecting our new MX on Friday.
Confusingly though I have "all the convenience features of the original autopilot" but with AP2 hardware. I can upgrade to Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self-Drive should I wish, but since this was a car ordered with autopilot and then AP2 came out shortly after, I assume it does everything my old Model S did - self park, summon, steer within a lane and change lanes when I indicate.
This seems like exactly the issue being discussed in this thread, so can anyone confirm that I will be able to de everything i could in my Model S? If so, I see little point in upgrading to Enhanced Autopilot until FSD becomes available and I go for the whole thing.

Hi all. My wife and I are collecting our new MX on Friday.
Confusingly though I have "all the convenience features of the original autopilot" but with AP2 hardware. I can upgrade to Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self-Drive should I wish, but since this was a car ordered with autopilot and then AP2 came out shortly after, I assume it does everything my old Model S did - self park, summon, steer within a lane and change lanes when I indicate.
This seems like exactly the issue being discussed in this thread, so can anyone confirm that I will be able to de everything i could in my Model S? If so, I see little point in upgrading to Enhanced Autopilot until FSD becomes available and I go for the whole thing.
Tesla wants you to upgrade to EAP because AP1 SW on AP2 HW is not going to be exactly the same due to the change in hardware.

EAP is almost at parity with AP1, and it's expected that EAP is going to surpass AP1 in the coming months. You may get more convenience features with EAP beyond what you had in your model-S. For example, it's not clear to me if AP1 will be able to change highways based on navigation.

At the moment, all AP features are stand-alone. That is, AP and Navigation do not communicate. When it's time to take an off-ramp or change highways, AP is not aware of it. I assume that before the end of year, EAP (and hopefully AP1) will be able to receive notifications from the Navigation to perform such operations.

If I were you, I would pay for EAP. If money is tight, you can stick with what you have, but very few owners will have that option and it's unclear to me how it will work.