Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist and front camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla is coming up with an update to vision assist on both HW3 and 4 vehicles. this might fix the issue with sensitivity. dont think with current setup the blind spot could be fixed on either of hardware variants. they might end up installing a sensor in the front as an intermittent solution.

tesla is coming up with an update to vision assist on both HW3 and 4 vehicles. this might fix the issue with sensitivity. dont think with current setup the blind spot could be fixed on either of hardware variants. they might end up installing a sensor in the front as an intermittent solution.
“…coming up with…”, “…might fix…”, “…don’t think…could be fixed…”, “…might end up installing…”, “…intermittent solution…”. So you don’t believe it either, amiright?

I've parked several times today with the front close to an obstruction & driven slowly as far as I believe I can without making contact. Each time the coloured orange-red line was accompanied by warnings of 13" - 15" and the car was actually about 10" away when I checked. I am confident that I can park accurately without needing a warning but the on-screen messaging has been more accurate than it used to be, albeit each instance today was towards other cars, walls or a hedge, ie solid & with reasonable height.

Rear parking shows a more stable white-orange-red line than it used to and a better approximation of the shape of the surroundings (I almost always reverse to park).

Maybe update 2023.26.1 includes some slight refinement although I am still ignoring it & will continue to park without using the ussless guidance.

I have USS so no experience of USS-less, but I'm curious how well it performs with a short post that would be otherwise hard to see - and whether "better" info if if approached from a corner vs. middle
The side obstruction does not provide proximity estimate number. Only the front and rear does. Colour changes from sunflower yellow to red with yellow being the farthest and red being the nearest. Nearer it is to the object the darker the colour indicator gets same like USS.
YouTube has lots of videos on the vision. If you still want a video I shall make and share it.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I've parked several times today with the front close to an obstruction & driven slowly as far as I believe I can without making contact. Each time the coloured orange-red line was accompanied by warnings of 13" - 15" and the car was actually about 10" away when I checked. I am confident that I can park accurately without needing a warning but the on-screen messaging has been more accurate than it used to be, albeit each instance today was towards other cars, walls or a hedge, ie solid & with reasonable height.

Rear parking shows a more stable white-orange-red line than it used to and a better approximation of the shape of the surroundings (I almost always reverse to park).

Maybe update 2023.26.1 includes some slight refinement although I am still ignoring it & will continue to park without using the ussless guidance.
Mine is still dreadful, downloaded 2023.20.9 last night, made no difference to the performance of vision and parking. Went out today in the rain, and vision wouldn’t work at all. Glad to hear you’re having a bit more positive experience mate.