Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passing the time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've learned a lot so far passing the time by browsing this forum! I'm tempted to go ahead and order floor mats, charging station, roof racks... but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself while the car is still three weeks away. Maybe I'll go clean out the garage to make it pretty enough to house this amazing car.

What floor mats would you get for your X? Will you have a 6-seater?

I have been trying to compile a list of all the small accessories I might want:

- Phone mount
- Cup holder iPad mount for the back seat
- Storage in the back for kid's things.
- Seat protectors?
- Sun Shade.
- Hitch Bike and Ski racks.
- Some audio cabling to wire the kid's iPad into the sound system.

I live near Fremont and it's tough seeing trucks full of Xs on the freeway every morning...

Reactions: OBX John

- Phone mount
- Seat protectors?
- Sun Shade.

I live near Fremont and it's tough seeing trucks full of Xs on the freeway every morning...

240V extension cord. 120V extension cord. A small pile of adapters for different plugs. :)

Do you guys have any amazon links for what you're going to get?

Here's the 120V solution I went with - heavy duty 20A cord and 5-15>5-20 adapter, giving me both plug options (added a 5-20 UMC tip from Tesla directly):

Amazon.com : Conntek 30129 15-Amp to 20-Amp Plug Adapter, 20-Amp Socket to 15-Amp U.S 3 Prong Plug : Generator Cord Sets And Plugs : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon.com: Conntek NEMA 5-20 20-Amp T-Blade Outdoor SJTW 12/3 Extension Cord with power indicator light End: Sports & Outdoors

And here's my 240V solution:

Amazon.com: Camco 55195 50 AMP 30' Extension Cord with PowerGrip Handle: Automotive

Amazon.com : Conntek 50-Amp NEMA 10-50P Welder Plug to 50-Amp Electric Vehicle Adapter Cord for Tesla : Sports & Outdoors

I added a 14-X to 14-50 universal adapter from EVSEAdapters and a TT-30 adapter from there as well. I don't have everything covered yet, but I think I've got options for most of the major possibilities...

- Phone mount
- Seat protectors?
- Sun Shade.

I saw somewhere (user manual?) recommending not to use seat protectors because they might interfere with side airbags?

I have sold my wifes Acura CL type S through Car Max and I think they priced it pretty well. This was 10 years ago so I don't know if the practice is still the same but they offered pretty much a similar price as to what Kelly blue book would have sold it for on fair condition.
Sold my 2007 Prius to CarMax in 2014. They gave me a very fair price. Usually close to KBB trade-in value.

Reactions: DiamondHands
Some folks had asked for a report back about this equipment so I thought I'd update the thread on the things I've gotten.

This is excellent! Very sturdy, adjusts to fit in the cupholder easily, and holds an iPad nicely where both second row seats can see it comfortably.

The Travel Pal fits well tucked under the center console, as someone else on the forums suggested, and doesn't slide around because of the quilted floor mats. I went with the Stow and Go and it attaches well -- the top strap slides into the opening on the headrest and there are good hook points under the seat -- and my 8yo can reach things in it easily. I may get a stuff 'n scuff (should fit equally well) for my 4yo on the other side because she can't reach the pockets anyways and is more kicky.

I went with the Diono and it was easy to install. Certainly can't block any airbags -- it's all under the carseat. In the end we had to switch my 4yo from her Britax Marathon to a Frontier 85 (we had lying around, my 8yo grew out of it) because the angle of the seat just didn't work with the Marathon. We could have shimmed it in but there was a LOT of space both in the seat corner and all the way up the back -- photo attached for illustration.

This was a good suggestion, it's nice to be able to plug into either 110v plug.

And here's my 240V solution:

Amazon.com: Camco 55195 50 AMP 30' Extension Cord with PowerGrip Handle: Automotive

Amazon.com : Conntek 50-Amp NEMA 10-50P Welder Plug to 50-Amp Electric Vehicle Adapter Cord for Tesla : Sports & Outdoors

I added a 14-X to 14-50 universal adapter from EVSEAdapters and a TT-30 adapter from there as well. I don't have everything covered yet, but I think I've got options for most of the major possibilities...

I really should have read Saghost's post more closely. We got the extension cord he recommended (it's a beast, but good) and a few different 30/40W adapters but I wish instead we had gotten this universal adapter:

NEMA 14-50R to 14-30P/14-50P/14-60P Universal Adapter

We still would have needed to get the 10-30 adapter we need for my mother-in-law's house, but still fewer adapters is better. I also have not found a use for the 10-50P welder plug adapter he suggested but I think it's good to have in the back just in case.

IMG_2625.jpg
IMG_2626.jpg

Why couldn't you connect the iPad via Bluetooth?
That is indeed what I ended up doing, and for the most part it's fIne. It would be perfect if the X didn't trigger a Play command every time it connected to a BT device. As it is I have to pause whatever audiobook she was last listening to when I turn the car on with her iPad nearby, then manually switch it to my phone.

If they either fix the BT play command bug or associate keyfobs with what device to try to connect to first BT would be a painless connection.