Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian warning system not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, new to the forum and in need help with pedestrian warning system. Recently updated to the newest software for my Y 2022.8.2. I just noticed lately that my reverse back up sound is not there. I did check the manual and it says that if the PWS is disabled there should be an icon that says disabled (make prior Nov 2021) but I don't see it? Mines made Sept 2020. I did a soft reset and also a hard reset to no luck. My car is quiet. Side note: I do have the external speaker built in. I was reading from the update release notes regarding boombox only able to use during park or neutral. I am wondering if it has something to do with it and possibly disabled the external speaker altogether. I am also curious if the external speaker is where the PWS sound coming from? Thanks in advance!

I've been googling this for a while today. I've got the latest software update that allows for different lock sounds, that works. I can play the boombox noises outside the car, such as the farting noise etc, but... I have no noise whatsoever when going forward or backwards and I can't figure out why?!?!

I assumed that it should do it but my car is just silent (2021 M3P)

Upvote 0
I've been googling this for a while today. I've got the latest software update that allows for different lock sounds, that works. I can play the boombox noises outside the car, such as the farting noise etc, but... I have no noise whatsoever when going forward or backwards and I can't figure out why?!?!

I assumed that it should do it but my car is just silent (2021 M3P)

Pedestrian warning system may not be available in cars manufactured before July 2021. Although this may be true in the USA it may not pertain to the UK. All depends on if and when the UK made this mandatory. Cars produced prior to this law are exempt from the sounds as is the case with our 2020 Y, no sounds whatsoever even if I could as no speaker were installed outside the car. I guess if one really wanted this it may be possible to have the components installed by Tesla at a cost.

Upvote 0
Pedestrian warning system may not be available in cars manufactured before July 2021. Although this may be true in the USA it may not pertain to the UK. All depends on if and when the UK made this mandatory. Cars produced prior to this law are exempt from the sounds as is the case with our 2020 Y, no sounds whatsoever even if I could as no speaker were installed outside the car. I guess if one really wanted this it may be possible to have the components installed by Tesla at a cost.
Yes, through the Shop on the Tesla app you can purchase the Pedestrian Warning System speaker for £185 and they then come and fit it.

Upvote 0