Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance increase for 100D. 0-100 in 3,3 sek

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still odd that all of Europe has the updated speeds and sporadic for N.America.
Did you find an Inventory with adjusted speed in the US? What was the 0-60 mph? I've been forced to play with 0-100 km/h since I was just finding them in Europe and Canada.

Why did you say, "sporadic for N.America"? None of the North American S100D vehicles show any 0-60 times. Those have been purged from all North American inventory pages.
The model X still shows 0 to 60 on a number of 100d cars.

The European configurator is showing 0-100km/h for X75D at 5.2s, X100D at 4.9s, S75 at 4.6s, S75D at 4.4s and S100D at 4.3s (side note: despite the 4,000 EUR decrease of the price of S100D last night, it's still 28,000 EUR -33,000 USD- more expensive than the S75 :confused:).

The European configurator is showing 0-100km/h for X75D at 5.2s, X100D at 4.9s, S75 at 4.6s, S75D at 4.4s and S100D at 4.3s (side note: despite the 4,000 EUR decrease of the price of S100D last night, it's still 28,000 EUR -33,000 USD- more expensive than the S75 :confused:).

Yes. The configurators all show the normal 0-100 speeds. It's the inventory S/X vehicles all showing the new 3.3 and 4.5 speeds respectively.

I remember a post where somebody stated he bought a inventory P100D and got a 15.000,- (or similar) discount after the "Ludricrous" option was removed at the SeC. Hence my first conclusion was that these "3.3s cars" are such downgraded P100D cars to sell cheaper as 100D. Probably I am wrong since brake calipers don't appear red in the attached images.

I remember a post where somebody stated he bought a inventory P100D and got a 15.000,- (or similar) discount after the "Ludricrous" option was removed at the SeC. Hence my first conclusion was that these "3.3s cars" are such downgraded P100D cars to sell cheaper as 100D. Probably I am wrong since brake calipers don't appear red in the attached images.

Non ludicrous P100D's have a 2.7sec 0-100km time so not likely.

I downloaded an OTA update for my X100D Tuesday night, but haven't had a chance to test acceleration since my wife has been driving the X. Hopefully the 4.5sec times can been achieved with an OTA software to unlock more electrons. I'm assuming the X would feel like my S90D if there is any improvement to my X.

Not yet. My sales guy also looking into it. Still odd that all of Europe has the updated speeds and sporadic for N.America.

I'm looking at getting a discounted inventory P100D but if the 100D gets the new speed, I'd rather higher range and the low 3sec. (first world problems lol)
Anyone gotten confirmation of this? I bit the bullet and when for a discounted inventory P100D, will be happy no matter what, but a 100D @ 3,3 seconds would be tempting. BTW - still showing 4,3 seconds in the configurator here in Norway...

Five days ago (saturday) I bought an inventory S100D. It was €10.000 'sales reduced' from midnight on, irresistible! To my surprise it was listed with the 3.3secs. Couldn’t believe that, confused. Saturday afternoon I agreed with the salesman that 3.3 must be a mistake. Then in the evening I started reading this forum, and began to hope it might be not a mistake. On Monday, I inquired my sales contacts Tesla Amsterdam. Their first reaction was that the inventory S100D’s were not listed with 3.3s. Then within an hour, all three remaining inventory S100D’s were removed from the website. Finalizing my purchase, my salesman assured several times 3.3s is certainly not going to happen on my car, or any S100D now. They would have known it firsthand by mail, he said. It was simply a mistake here in Europe and that’s it.

Five days ago (saturday) I bought an inventory S100D. It was €10.000 'sales reduced' from midnight on, irresistible! To my surprise it was listed with the 3.3secs. Couldn’t believe that, confused. Saturday afternoon I agreed with the salesman that 3.3 must be a mistake. Then in the evening I started reading this forum, and began to hope it might be not a mistake. On Monday, I inquired my sales contacts Tesla Amsterdam. Their first reaction was that the inventory S100D’s were not listed with 3.3s. Then within an hour, all three remaining inventory S100D’s were removed from the website. Finalizing my purchase, my salesman assured several times 3.3s is certainly not going to happen on my car, or any S100D now. They would have known it firsthand by mail, he said. It was simply a mistake here in Europe and that’s it.

Well that answers the question! Too bad :(

Reactions: P100D_OSLO
Well, I am not completely without hope. Something that feeds it is that, on the English Wikipedia, in the Model S specifications table the maximum motor power of the 100D is 'unavailable'.

You shouldn't have agreed it with the salesman and simply demanded the 3.3sec spec as per your sales agreement lol. I bet it would have escalated all the way to head office

Reactions: Ski_
Anyone gotten confirmation of this? I bit the bullet and when for a discounted inventory P100D, will be happy no matter what, but a 100D @ 3,3 seconds would be tempting. BTW - still showing 4,3 seconds in the configurator here in Norway...
My order is currently a 100d... My OA has the question escalated and should know more tomorrow. He and his management agreed the whole thing is a bit odd. I'll keep you all posted...