Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Mode 3 Variant Naming Convention.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We don't know if Track Mode will be included as it eventually was for the original version. Would make sense that since it's just software they would include it.

you say that now, but it took close to 4 months for the OG Stealth to get Track Mode the first time around. I think we've all figured out by now that things that make sense don't always happen automatically with Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: Snow Drift
Cool. Enjoy.
Just be happy without Track Mode. No asking for it later! All available information now seems to indicate you will not get it - sounds like you don’t mind though. (I recommend you confirm exactly what you are getting, in writing, prior to delivery, in any case.)

If I had it I'd feel bad for not Autocrossing it..

if I autocross it, I'd be reminded that my driving skills are not as elite as I tell myself they are.

Track mode will lead to self disappointment.

I will at some point ask for it. Then, if they offer it, bitch abut the cost. Then, maybe get it, and be disappointed in myself.

Feel free to quote this post back to me at any point.

Is tapping the "Track Mode" button on the screen asking for it?

Ha.

This is old news now...your car will have Track Mode. Just a lot of bad info distributed out there. Standard par for the course Tesla stuff. But at least it all makes sense now. $50k is a good deal for that P3D Stealth with Track Mode. Happy for all the people who will be getting this price. I’m curious if anyone has any comparisons of price of other powerful cars which also handle well. I don’t keep track of that sort of stuff, but it seems like P3D Stealth and P3D+ have to be near the top of the list when sorted by value...before even accounting for the savings on gas.

So I paid over $20K more last year for the exact same thing I could get now - a base Performance 3?
How's that for the new name - Base Performance 3, Performance 3 Base ?
Oh well, at least I have that discontinued silvery silver color - but I bet they bring that back too - for free!
Definitely pays to wait!
PS: I bet this new base model will be very popular, i.e. commonplace. - so more price reductions to come!

So I paid over $20K more last year for the exact same thing I could get now - a base Performance 3?
How's that for the new name - Base Performance 3, Performance 3 Base ?
Oh well, at least I have that discontinued silvery silver color - but I bet they bring that back too - for free!
Definitely pays to wait!
PS: I bet this new base model will be very popular, i.e. commonplace. - so more price reductions to come!

Definitely hurts when you can’t claim the $7500 rebate. Knowing that was the case for your tax situation, you definitely should have waited until Jan 2020! Regardless of the other price reductions, the reductions due to elimination of the tax credit were very predictable! Oh well. YOLO. And you can’t take it with you.

P3B does have a nice ring but I suspect it won’t catch on.

Definitely hurts when you can’t claim the $7500 rebate. Knowing that was the case for your tax situation, you definitely should have waited until Jan 2020! Regardless of the other price reductions, the reductions due to elimination of the tax credit were very predictable! Oh well. YOLO. And you can’t take it with you.

P3B does have a nice ring but I suspect it won’t catch on.
For sure. The rebate effectively went to Tesla because they priced-up when it was available. Valuable lesson learned.
I think I've got one more Tesla in me, about 20 years of driving time left.
So I hope they get that damned Roadster started so I can buy a used one (or maybe one that's at least 3 years into production and somewhat price-stabilized). No more early adoption for me. I'll get my $20K back from them.

Last edited: