Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance not getting 310 miles promised

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks...My brother-in-law just got 28.3.1 last night...I’m still stuck on 28.2 from 24.4

Just don’t worry about it. Turn on early updates if it is not already, make sure you have a strong WiFi signal at home, and toggle the enable of the WiFi just to make sure it connects properly to your home network. These things never roll out to everyone at once. About 44% of people are on 24.4 still.

Just don’t worry about it. Turn on early updates if it is not already, make sure you have a strong WiFi signal at home, and toggle the enable of the WiFi just to make sure it connects properly to your home network. These things never roll out to everyone at once. About 44% of people are on 24.4 still.
ok thanks..I have got early updates on and checked WI-FI...good 5 bars strong.....will just wait and see what happen...thanks again

I have a Mobile Service appointment in the morning (stupid taillight condensation, again) and I now have an update available. I'm assuiming 28.3.1, since I'm already on 28.2

I'll find out tomorrow I suppose.
hey....I am on 28.2 and just got 28.3.1....will install and reboot tonight......will see what if anything happens.....hope somewhere we find out what the changes are....or maybe I missed that somewhere

software said it would take 25 min to update from 28.2 to 28.3.1............it took 17min 32sec........screen did not go black but once......came back on and said here is the changes added which then showed note page....after 25 min I touched the Tesla “T” and the rev page showed.....was able to use card key to set my key up and my wife......still hear some whining. going on.....got out and went away from the car and the “auto-lock" worked but headlights did not go out....Opened up and manually turned off lights then set back to “auto” got out and walked away.....locked, beeped and flashed the parking lights......all looks good now....still some whining.....plugged in to charge with 165 miles left ...charging to 90% at 40amps....238v......36 mi/hr......2hr 55 min left....will take out tomorrow and test it to see what things change.....hope with everything turned off, it will not phantom drain and the whining stops after charging.......like I said earlier.....did not drive for 2 full days and stayed at 191.......

Update: I finished charging at 1203.....car charged to 280 while on 90%.....I will be monitoring the drain rate.....I hear a little hum or slight buzz that was not there before.....The Key Card is now working for profiles....at least I was able to set them.....will monitor and drive today to see what, if anything has changed....

Not related but since most of eyes here are due to Model 3 Performance, my question, anyone scratching neck over Taycan? I mean i knew that would be coming but still SC network weighted my decision. What about others M3P+ owners, why the leap to Tesla? No politics please.

I actually tried my hardest yesterday to go as efficient as possible. Did not use brakes at all above 5 mph and ramped up like a snail off every stop. Best I could do is 315Wh/mi, but that is the kind of driving that would piss people off so realistically if I drove like most people, super chill, my average would probably be around 350Wh/mi. So I am not that far off with my current average now between 430-500Wh/mi. So you were right on with the 500 guess as being the upper end.

BTW, how do you calculate you range based on Wh/mi consumption? Formula?
75,000 / your watts per mile

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Not related but since most of eyes here are due to Model 3 Performance, my question, anyone scratching neck over Taycan? I mean i knew that would be coming but still SC network weighted my decision. What about others M3P+ owners, why the leap to Tesla? No politics please.

The Taycan looks pretty cool, that said, I would place decent bets that it starts out in base trim, with no options (and it's Porsche, there will be LARGE NUMBERS of options), at $30-40k more than the P3D. Not really a true competitor to the P3D in my opinion.for that reason. The performance of the "Turbo S" (!!) looks pretty sweet though, especially if you are in to driving at very extra legal (in the US) speeds for long periods of time and/or go to fast tracks often.

Reactions: Dan_LA
Can't edit my last post now, but forgot to mention: I ran my P3D down to 18 miles range emaining yesterday, and it wasn't nerfed in the power department at all. In the past, when I got down below about 50-60 miles the power was noticeably electronically limited. Even at 18 miles remaining it was pulling pretty hard. Wonder when this changed.

What are you actually asking here? It's hard to decipher.

If you asking why people buy the M3P over a Taycan, well that's because the Taycan will be $125k whereas the M3P is $55k. The only gain is performance from 60-120, but you lose a daily/family driver. The look of a Porsche is also a negative for some. Pretty big difference in reasoning here.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dan_LA and afadeev
I have 8000 miles and average 280Wh/miles with my Model 3 performance with 20" wheels. 25% city driving and 75% freeway at 5 to 10mph above speed limit.

Last weekend, on a road trip from San Francisco to Three Rivers, I averaged 240Wh/mile with 4 people in the car, temperature around 90°F and following speed limit.

I have 8000 miles and average 280Wh/miles with my Model 3 performance with 20" wheels. 25% city driving and 75% freeway at 5 to 10mph above speed limit.

Last weekend, on a road trip from San Francisco to Three Rivers, I averaged 240Wh/mile with 4 people in the car, temperature around 90°F and following speed limit.

I don’t know how you could drive the limit or 5-10 over lol. By me Without traffic...even if doing 5-10 over...most of the cars would be whizzing by.

Reactions: mmiketa and afadeev
I could never afford a Taycan. Also, I have serious doubts/problems with the reliability and repair costs with high end German cars. The price of the Taycan pretty much puts it in the range of only the rich being able to afford one.

Status
Not open for further replies.