Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps, just pointing out the false premise in the argument. Unfortunately for the stealth P owners that have reached out to Tesla, it does not look like they are getting much consideration right now.

FWIW this was my most recent reply from Tesla, different from others but similar - they for sure know where I am because I sent, to the same email, my thanks for the Mobile Service folks coming so fast to replace my literally-screwed left rear tire...

"Perfect. Per your request I have submitted this to finance and no further action is required on your end someone will be reaching out to you as soon as possible, Thank you ! "

Who knows, Elon also said they would refund P3's not P3D+ only, and look what happened. Gratned refund might imply different meaning than giving cash back. But then refund would also technically include tax!

Although when people asked to clarify about track mode he did say ALL Performance models. I think Elon decided our cars are AWD+ so I'm not holding my breath for it.
What do you mean "look what happened"? What happened is that some Stealth owners have gotten emails saying all they get is FUSC, and others have gotten equally legit emails confirming they are willing to trade FUSC, and saying they've been put in for the refund. All that demonstrates is that Tesla has a number of factions all trying to do what they think is the right thing. That is why I'm all for watching it play out before jumping to conclusions. PS, if I get the "FUSC off!" email, there will be a similar reply!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Roys3
When I ordered my P3D- I was told it would get track mode. Elon tweeted all Performance will get track mode. So either this wasn't true, or they don't consider my car a Performance model. My ask is simple, provide me with track mode and whatever hardware is required to do do.

I'm on the same page. I only accepted my car as the promise to provide TM to the P3D- had already been posted. If Tesla can get me TM then I am satisfied and have no desire for a $5k refund. I would be totally OK with nobody getting a refund.

Reactions: Roys3
I have the P3D+ but honestly those 20” wheels and summer rubber are more hassle than they’re worth. I can’t drive on them in the north east in winter so I am stuck having to buy a new set of tires and wheels. Maybe I can sell the 20” factory set, maybe not. What I do know is a good chunk of the refund will go toward the purchase of new ones.

Honestly I’d be happier with 19” or even 18” all season that fit over the big brakes

Reactions: Roys3
What do you mean "look what happened"? What happened is that some Stealth owners have gotten emails saying all they get is FUSC, and others have gotten equally legit emails confirming they are willing to trade FUSC, and saying they've been put in for the refund. All that demonstrates is that Tesla has a number of factions all trying to do what they think is the right thing. That is why I'm all for watching it play out before jumping to conclusions. PS, if I get the "FUSC off!" email, there will be a similar reply!
I have not seen a single P3D- owner posted that they got the 5k. Only P3d+. Most P3D- already have free supercharging, so I'm not sure how it is they are suddenly "giving" this to us...

I have not seen a single P3D- owner posted that they got the 5k. Only P3d+. Most P3D- already have free supercharging, so I'm not sure how it is they are suddenly "giving" this to us...
Nobody has posted they got it. Only that they’ve been promised it. Posts 1692 and 1694 in this thread are Stealth owners.

Your comment about supercharging is nonsensical. Everyone who bought a P of any ilk before price increase gets FUSC. Some have been offered option to trade that for $5k refund. It’s really that simple.

Reactions: P85_DA and Perry
Nobody has posted they got it. Only that they’ve been promised it. Posts 1692 and 1694 in this thread are Stealth owners.

Your comment about supercharging is nonsensical. Everyone who bought a P of any ilk before price increase gets FUSC. Some have been offered option to trade that for $5k refund. It’s really that simple.
Not true. I bought a P3D Stealth before the price increase, and with a referral code and I’m being charged for SC’ing, despite the fact I was told it would be free. I’m reached out to Tesla multiple times and it’s still not fixed.

Not true. I bought a P3D Stealth before the price increase, and with a referral code and I’m being charged for SC’ing, despite the fact I was told it would be free. I’m reached out to Tesla multiple times and it’s still not fixed.
That is an issue on Tesla side. Everyone with P3D and FUSC has always been charged despite having FUSC, through referral or through retroactively added. The fact that they are supposed to have FUSC remains true.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: P85_DA
That is an issue in Tesla side. Everyone with P3D and FUSC has always been charged despite having FUSC, through referral or through retroactively added. The fact that they are supposed to have FUSC remains true.

Or in my case, my account still says "pay per use" but I am magically not charged. In fact, neither my car nor my account shows any record that I've ever been to a supercharger.

Reactions: electrictorque
That is an issue in Tesla side. Everyone with P3D and FUSC has always been charged despite having FUSC, through referral or through retroactively added. The fact that they are supposed to have FUSC remains true.
Of course it’s an issue on Tesla’s side, certainly isn’t my fault. The fact that I’m supposed to have FUSC doesn’t change the fact that I don’t have it and am still paying for it.

I'm in an even stranger situation where I don't get charged, but my friend never got the referral credit (Free wall connector)

Right so they gave me free supercharging even though that was already promised when I bought the car. So what was given to me then? Sounds like some people got FUSC, but it's not really adding anything to those buyers who already had it (or were supposed to have it but didn't get it) which is probably 95% of them.

1692 and 1694 are not confirmation emails of the $5k credit. Only P3D+ owners have received those.

Agreed. Can't imagine how they legitimately would price a trade-in, given the comparable car doesn't exist any more (and did for so short a time), but I imagine it would value at very close to an AWD, which is kind of the point of why I feel wronged. My P3D has no analog to hold value and will clearly skew toward the lowest comparable rather than upward to one with more tangible hardware.

I already have FUSC, EAP, and pre-bought FSD, so I really have very little in the way of recompense that could be made unless they wanted to upgrade me to the PUP features or buy back my car at cost so I can buy a new P3D (the latter of which I don't see).

But talking a 10K+ hit on a quick trade in to rebuy is in no way something I would find palatable.

Right, your car is loaded up with all features - except you're missing that last bit of performance that lets it be tracked (software and/or hardware).

With the rebates the PUP'd cars are getting you also paid the same or even more! Tesla needs to "bring you up to speed", make your car trackable, whatever it takes - software, or software and some hardware. - Or they can give you $5K, let you upgrade the hardware yourself, and send you the same track mode as the PUP'd cars.

Btw. FUSC has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. It's a red herring. Just because the new buyers don't get it anymore (it's getting phased out anyway), doesn't mean those that have it - earned it by buying early and making Tesla's Qtr.! - should give it up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Man I'd be so happy with 5k back, sure the tax things sucks but it's way better than what us P3D- people are stuck with. I mean the tax does not even cover the white interior loss I had to soak up as well.

They are not even going to send us inferior P3D- people spoilers or enable track mode. I'll never forget this tesla!

$5K back - or track mode, and all that entails. Simple and fair. What's their problem? Why screw the P3D- folks?

Like you, I paid up (paid $500 too much) for the white interior. They can keep the spoiler and pedals and fancy rims - as long as they simply make the car perform on track...

FWIW this was my most recent reply from Tesla, different from others but similar - they for sure know where I am because I sent, to the same email, my thanks for the Mobile Service folks coming so fast to replace my literally-screwed left rear tire...

"Perfect. Per your request I have submitted this to finance and no further action is required on your end someone will be reaching out to you as soon as possible, Thank you ! "
That's really annoying as my emails and calls have all been met with "We don't know anything about this but will put you on this vague list".

Reactions: Msjulie
Exactly. The different regional managers (or whatever) are having a hard time reading "Elon's tea leaves" (or twitter leavings...) so the email you get depends on which manager's good- or bad- will you happen across (mine was a .... well, I'll wait to judge).