Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my part, I did not want the entire performance package. I would certainly have taken wheels/tire, brakes, and lowering if it had cost $0, and declined spoiler and badge.

Not unhappy with what I’ve got, but it is gnawing to me if there’s a full $5000 refund to PUP buyers and near zippo (maybe $1000 of supercharging over 5 years) for me. There should be something. $2500 credit to parts/services or future purchase? That costs them little and brings me back.

I have 3 Teslas and have referred >20 buyers - most before or outside of referral program. Keep wondering when I’ll get the “thank you”!

Just sent in my request.

Like others, I made contact with Tesla customer support this morning. The lady I spoke to (whom I reached through the orders part of the phone menu) had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about a refund. She put me on hold and when she returned, indicated to me that they would go through the process and provide me an update via e-mail. So... holding pattern like others with desired outcome TBD.

my escalation of request of refund of performance upgrade package $5K
got a response from customer support extolling the virtues of FUSC?!?

they completely ignored my request for REFUND and yada-yada-yada'd
my words, I responded repeating my request...

any update from PUP purchasers requesting refund and getting acknowledgment?

I got the same canned response that didn't address my refund request at all. I also replied back repeating my request.

This is crazy and very disappointing for those of that paid $5K. Our cars instantly depreciated another $5K. Then there are the folks that didn’t get the performance upgrade on their initially order that got screwed as well.
True, but isn't AP even cheaper now? And they're not even offering full self-driving anymore. However, its still my understand theyre going to update FSD purchasers to AP 3.0 next year. I'd rather not linger on about the price changes. Its bound to happen with Tesla. The car is still solid (for the most part). I got screwed on the paint because I chose the performance model the NIGHT they changed the paint price... so I went with black. Meh... Im happy. For the most part ;)

As a P3D- owner I emailed [email protected] and got a response in 24 hours. I made it very clear I did not purchase the performance upgrade. This is the response:

"I'd be happy to help with that; the $5000.00 refund does revoke your lifetime of free supercharging on your vehicle that's not included in the reduced price performance Model 3's would you still like me to submit your request ?"

So I guess it radically depends who's working that day. Guess I'll be getting the $5K.

As a P3D- owner I emailed [email protected] and got a response in 24 hours. I made it very clear I did not purchase the performance upgrade. This is the response:

"I'd be happy to help with that; the $5000.00 refund does revoke your lifetime of free supercharging on your vehicle that's not included in the reduced price performance Model 3's would you still like me to submit your request ?"

So I guess it radically depends who's working that day. Guess I'll be getting the $5K.

Haha yeah it seems not everyone is on the same page. I hope Tesla releases an official policy soon because this is gettting ridiculous.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA and smyszko
Another here that says it has to include loss of FUSC

"The information from the forums is not verified from Tesla. However I can confirm that regardless of how Free Supercharging was obtained, if you choose to take the $5,000 USD refund we will turn off your cars Free Supercharging.

Please confirm if you would prefer I begin the refund process for you."

I ordered mine before fusc was a thing so to me it was just an extra bonus anyways. Time to just go for the refund

Yes.

Now it looks like Tesla will not reach out to owners about this refund. It seems like you have to know about this and contact them to start the process. This is going to save them thousands of dollars. I am sure not everyone is aware of the refund.
That actually makes sense. Why advertise it and lose all that refund money, versus a few hundred aware folks.

Well that's good news. I'm in the same boat and will happily trade my FUSC for $5K. Although I notice they said "submit your request" in their response, which implies that some form of approval is still needed. When did you take delivery of your car?

Well that's good news. I'm in the same boat and will happily trade my FUSC for $5K. Although I notice they said "submit your request" in their response, which implies that some form of approval is still needed. When did you take delivery of your car?

I’m trying to find out where is proper submission of request,
if you have specifics please share! I took delivery P3D+ AUG 5

still no spoiler or dual motor badge either?

I’m trying to find out where is proper submission of request,
if you have specifics please share! I took delivery P3D+ AUG 5

still no spoiler or dual motor badge either?

I was quoting Tesla's reponse to Perry: "I'd be happy to help with that; the $5000.00 refund does revoke your lifetime of free supercharging on your vehicle that's not included in the reduced price performance Model 3's would you still like me to submit your request?"

He sent an email to [email protected].

I've been told the badge will be coming early next year. No spoiler for me since I don't have the PUP.

Sharing my timeline so others can gauge how patient they should be and what to expect as P3D+ owner.

Reserved on Day 1 in 2016

08/05/2018 - After test drove P3D+ at Tesla HQ, to verify P3D+ is a$$ kicking sleeper. I ordered my P3D+ with all options, fancy paint, white interior, PUO, EAP, FSD. (I have major case of FOMO)

09/09/2018 - Took delivery. At the time of my order Tesla was promoting FUSC when ordering with referral code for P3, X and S. So I got FUSC with my P3D+

10/27/2019 - I submitted refund request via my account on Tesla website, the day after Elon announced refund for P3D+ purchasers.

11/06/2018 - Parker reached out to me, try to convince me FUSC is a great value instead of $5k refund. I responded by asking for the $5K refund while keeping the FUSC because in my case the FUSC was from the referral promotion.

11/07/2018 - Parker responded. Either $5k refund or FUSC, but not both. This makes zero sense to me from marketing and customer satisfaction perspective as they are promoting 1 year free SC when using referral code with all current orders.

Anyway, I'll take the $5k refund in a heartbeat, FUSC might be worth $100/yr to me at the most. But it is the principle of this whole situation that irritates me.

Last edited: