Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance White Interior Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of 4:45 today, 11th, there are 3 White interiors on the Order Tracker that got the email on March 10th. There are examples of every size of wheel, every color, and each spec, AWD Performance and P Upgrade. So I see no reason that any order cannot be delivered. I see the benefit of maximizing the revenue but I do think that order date should be prioritized more than it has been. The Performance must be particularly attractive as it is identical manufacturing cost to the AWD, just a software change. Likewise the FSD (even if they cannot take full value yet) should be attractive. Lets hope they are able to produce in excess of 1000 per week soon and we will all be driving by Summer.
Has anyone got any production rate ideas?
I think they are still prioritizing by order date, but doing so while rolling out to all regions at once to avoid the "surge and shrink" effect (my term, idk what the technical word is) on the logistics infrastructure. They are slipping in the Model Y along with the existing demand for deliveries all over the country. There are so many orders in California, that when they fulfill say, the first 100 orders there, they are all reservation day orders. But when they fulfill the first 100 orders somewhere else, you end up with folks that ordered as late as Jan this year in the "front" of the line. I ordered in Feb, in New Orleans. Someone else in New Orleans that ordered in Dec (LR AWD, black interior) is supposed to be taking delivery this month. I'm hoping that I'm only competing with people in my region instead of the entire queue and I'm next! Sucks for CA folks though that have a longer line. This is my theory.

I think they are still prioritizing by order date, but doing so while rolling out to all regions at once to avoid the "surge and shrink" effect (my term, idk what the technical word is) on the logistics infrastructure. They are slipping in the Model Y along with the existing demand for deliveries all over the country. There are so many orders in California, that when they fulfill say, the first 100 orders there, they are all reservation day orders. But when they fulfill the first 100 orders somewhere else, you end up with folks that ordered as late as Jan this year in the "front" of the line. I ordered in Feb, in New Orleans. Someone else in New Orleans that ordered in Dec (LR AWD, black interior) is supposed to be taking delivery this month. I'm hoping that I'm only competing with people in my region instead of the entire queue and I'm next! Sucks for CA folks though that have a longer line. This is my theory.
You could be right. I am in CA and order May 2019 so hoping to be somewhere close to the top, but mine is 19" and White interior and thse do not seem to have got going much yet. Good luck with yours.

Reviving months later

Blue/White w/PUP & Tow Bar
Ordered 6/4/20
Edit button gone 6/8
No VIN in source yet, not expecting one for 4-8 weeks as quoted. Though something tells me they may want to fulfill as many MYP orders as they can before 7/1... So I setup a script that checks every 10 minutes and will text me when there’s a VIN in source ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmym1981
Reviving months later

Blue/White w/PUP & Tow Bar
Ordered 6/4/20
Edit button gone 6/8
No VIN in source yet, not expecting one for 4-8 weeks as quoted. Though something tells me they may want to fulfill as many MYP orders as they can before 7/1... So I setup a script that checks every 10 minutes and will text me when there’s a VIN in source ;)

Would be awesome if you could share this code!! Currently checking every hour manually

California folks: if this is like almost every other Tesla delivery cycle the past few years, the majority of California deliveries will take place the last two weeks of the quarter. This has to do with logistics more than anything else. Obviously some people will get them sooner but, fear not, our Model Ys will come!

• Love
Reactions: mr.smiths.diva