Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was watching some videos on FSD and thinking about PBs on two lane undivided highways. I've got a question:

If the lane divider is a broken white stripe (allowing passing), what happens if you engage the left turn signal? Does it move over into the oncoming lane?

If so, I wonder if it thinks oncoming cars are traveling in the wrong lane and braking as if it were an emergency.

Or does it fail to change lanes because mapping tells it that's an oncoming lane?

I've not had a chance to test around my area, so I legitimately don't know.
In my state (Texas), a white line (single, double, solid or broken) denotes two lanes in the same direction. A yellow line denotes two opposing lanes.

I'd say that was universal in the US, but someone would doubtless point out some place where it is not the case.

I was watching some videos on FSD and thinking about PBs on two lane undivided highways. I've got a question:

If the lane divider is a broken white stripe (allowing passing), what happens if you engage the left turn signal? Does it move over into the oncoming lane?

If so, I wonder if it thinks oncoming cars are traveling in the wrong lane and braking as if it were an emergency.

Or does it fail to change lanes because mapping tells it that's an oncoming lane?

I've not had a chance to test around my area, so I legitimately don't know.
Sorry don’t have an answer for you but I question what FSD would do on those city streets in Europe with the squiggly lines?