Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: Android Beta Version introduced!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Restart the App. I had the same problem. As noted by Brianman, this app is less than adequate.

I beg to differ. I've been using it since November and I find the app quite useful. You can track the car while it's moving, you can preheat/precool the interior, you can track charging and change charging modes, and have various location capabilities to find where you left your car. It's been quite valuable to me.

I beg to differ. I've been using it since November and I find the app quite useful. You can track the car while it's moving, you can preheat/precool the interior, you can track charging and change charging modes, and have various location capabilities to find where you left your car. It's been quite valuable to me.
I can't speak for michiganmodels, but I was referring to BlueStack as the problem child -- not the Tesla app.

Mine always reads high, but I've found that's because it actually is (well-insulated) and because the sensor appears to be in the ceiling area.

I've found the same - it quickly goes to set temp with the temp sensor up pretty high. The cabin air feels hot while the seats and the remainder of the cabin feel cold. Nothing you can do about that, because temps don't have time to stabilize.

I think he was referring to the android marketplace app for computers.

I suspect he's talking about bluestack (the emulator) and not Tesla's app ...

Edit: LOL beaten by two others.

What I want to know is who is the product manager who said, "We don't need a Windows app, we will just make a couple of mobile apps"? The gymnastics that multiple owners are going through to make this app work on their computers was completely predictable.

The omission is puzzling.

A web app would have been even better. The functional part of the app is clearly server based. I think mobile development is great, but this my new pet peeve. Mobile developers seem less likely to separate business logic from presentation stuff. Supporting a new platform always involves "porting".

Last edited:
Android Tesla Model S Beta app available

Just downloaded, installed and am talking to my car.

Checked all functions and they work.
Controls - Vent Roof, lock/unlock, honk horn, flash lights
Charge - Standard/Max Range
Climate - Pretemp car
Location - phone/car locations on Google maps

The display of the wheels has an overlay glitch. See the wheel with an overflay larger than and offset from the wheels.

Have been testing the remote locking function in my garage. If the app has the car unlocked, anyone can approach the car and open the handles until the app locks the car! Be forewarned.

Last edited:
It would be nice if the mobile app had a notification feature where it would send you a notice when charging stopped or other events such as temperature having been reached, door opened, etc. For an app that has been in beta testing for so long, it's not very complete.