Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by a Tesla rep that the reason the key fob only rolls windows down is there is no chance of someone's hands/foot/body getting smashed by the window. Has someone tested with a piece of fruit or something if the window continues to auto roll up when using the in car controls when something is blocking it.

The walkthrough video on teslamotors says the windows will stop immediately if something blocks them, to prevent any damage.

The walkthrough video on teslamotors says the windows will stop immediately if something blocks them, to prevent any damage.
Random data point:
If you fold the screen cleaner (blue one that comes with the car) 6 times (I couldn't manage to do 7 well) and hold it in the way of the driver's window it doesn't seem to stop the window from closing all the way.

Random data point:
If you fold the screen cleaner (blue one that comes with the car) 6 times (I couldn't manage to do 7 well) and hold it in the way of the driver's window it doesn't seem to stop the window from closing all the way.
That's strange, I'm having my test drive soon, will put my arm in and try. Will post a video if I can make the representative film

huh? Your car came with a screen cleaner? As far as I know I never got one and I have a Sig just like you. Does it have the Tesla logo on it or anything cool? Might ask for this at my service appointment.
I thought everyone got them @ delivery. I thought I lost mine the other day, so when I took the vehicle in for the annual service I asked to purchase another one. Apparently they get them in packs of 50 or some-such. Ask about it when you take the car in sometime.

I took a picture but my phone is acting up. I'll update once it wakes up from its nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

I normally keep it in the cubby:

ScreenCleaner.png

Has the phone app ever been updated?

I'm curious as to whether it has controls for new features like the sub-zero package (rear seat heaters, heated wipers, etc).

Can you even control heated seats in the front with the app or just the HVAC? If the latter, seems like Tesla should change that since using the heated seats is more efficient. Maybe they just don't need any pre-heating?

Don't know about ever since the beginning of time for the phone app, but I'm pretty sure my iPhone app hasn't been updated since February.

Has the phone app ever been updated?

I'm curious as to whether it has controls for new features like the sub-zero package (rear seat heaters, heated wipers, etc).

Can you even control heated seats in the front with the app or just the HVAC? If the latter, seems like Tesla should change that since using the heated seats is more efficient. Maybe they just don't need any pre-heating?

My car was delivered in Norway last week, and has the 5.0 software. However, something is odd (isn't it always...? :) ) While charging the car easily responds to all app requests, but when fully charged the app can no longer contact the car. Positive side: It tells me, in a peculiar way but still, that the car is fully charged. Downside: I don't get to preheat or precool.

The app isn't released in Norway, or Europe for that matter, yet - so it may be that it needs a "5.0 upgrade" to fix this. But just to be sure, does anyone else have the same problem?

My car was delivered in Norway last week, and has the 5.0 software. However, something is odd (isn't it always...? :) ) While charging the car easily responds to all app requests, but when fully charged the app can no longer contact the car. Positive side: It tells me, in a peculiar way but still, that the car is fully charged. Downside: I don't get to preheat or precool.

The app isn't released in Norway, or Europe for that matter, yet - so it may be that it needs a "5.0 upgrade" to fix this. But just to be sure, does anyone else have the same problem?

Could it be that the car is asleep when you are trying to preheat or precool? Does this happen if you try to control the car immediately after completing a charge?

Could it be that the car is asleep when you are trying to preheat or precool? Does this happen if you try to control the car immediately after completing a charge?

Hi Hans. Thank you for your input. That exact thought crossed my mind after posting yesterday. I will look into it and report back. I'm almost certain you're on to something, so hopefully the next app update will also be able to wake up the car.

Thank you!

Hi Hans. Thank you for your input. That exact thought crossed my mind after posting yesterday. I will look into it and report back. I'm almost certain you're on to something, so hopefully the next app update will also be able to wake up the car.

Thank you!

Can you try waiting a minute or so, to see if it finally gets through and wakes up?

If not, I am concerned. It is not uncommon to use USSD messages to perform these remote 'wake up' messages, but that needs cellular partner support - if Tesla has gone that route, things are a lot more complex and restrictive for them.