Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the release of recent 7.1 firmware versions (2.12.xyz) that enable new Summon enhancements, there is a mention in the release note of an upcoming phone app (version 2.7.2 for iOS, 2.7.3 for Android devices) - see below relevant screenshot.

Has anyone received these latest updates to their iOS/Android devices yet?

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 11.30.59 AM.png

With the release of recent 7.1 firmware versions (2.12.xyz) that enable new Summon enhancements, there is a mention in the release note of an upcoming phone app (version 2.7.2 for iOS, 2.7.3 for Android devices) - see below relevant screenshot.

Has anyone received these latest updates to their iOS/Android devices yet?

Given the lead time on when Valet Mode said it would need a new iOS app and when it became available, let's just say it will hopefully come out in "2016". ;)

When you say it's paired to the car, is that by bluetooth? the calendar doesn't copy to the car unless you are connected by bluetooth.
Yes, by BT. My tablet's name appears in the top right corner of the calendar but the calendar itself does not connect. My wife's iPhone works as it should.

Another thing about the latest version of the Android app: I get 2 instances of each notification (start of charge, end of charge etc).

I had that issue as well on the first version that included notifications. I resolved it by some unknown combination of uninstalls and reinstalls of the app, combined with reboots of the car.
I also have that issue, I have tried many combinations of the above suggestions, but none have made any difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, by BT. My tablet's name appears in the top right corner of the calendar but the calendar itself does not connect. My wife's iPhone works as it should.
I'm sorry if this seems too obvious, but did you enable calender updates within the Tesla app?

I had that issue as well on the first version that included notifications. I resolved it by some unknown combination of uninstalls and reinstalls of the app, combined with reboots of the car.

I also have that issue, I have tried many combinations of the above suggestions, but none have made any difference.

I'd happily tell you exactly what I did that resolved the problem if I knew.

The only thing I know for certain is that uninstalling and reinstalling the app on its own did not resolve the issue, and rebooting the car on its own did not resolve the issue. It was definitely some combination of the two. As for the order, etc., I apologize, but I was rebooting and reinstalling so much that I just don't recall what the magic recipe was.

On Android, it seems uninstalling and reinstalling the app causes duplicate notifications. If you reinstall the app three times, you get three notifications for every event you have notifications enabled for. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

I would guess the app has a bug where it fails to successfully "deregister" with GCM when uninstalled. This results in multiple GCM registrations for the same device to become possible thus resulting multiple notifications for the same event.

If someone else can confirm this, I will lodge a bug report with Tesla. Just want to be more certain first that it is a bug in the app rather than elsewhere.

On Android, it seems uninstalling and reinstalling the app causes duplicate notifications. If you reinstall the app three times, you get three notifications for every event you have notifications enabled for. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

I would guess the app has a bug where it fails to successfully "deregister" with GCM when uninstalled. This results in multiple GCM registrations for the same device to become possible thus resulting multiple notifications for the same event.

If someone else can confirm this, I will lodge a bug report with Tesla. Just want to be more certain first that it is a bug in the app rather than elsewhere.

This has not been my experience.

I started receiving double notifications as soon as notifications were an option. Multiple uninstalls and reinstalls and reboots of the car eventually solved the problem.

Yep, I had to re-install it this morning in order for Summon to appear (which is daft) and I now get 3 instances of each notification. Someone needs a good prod to make the Android app work properly I still can't get the calendar on my tablet to connect to the car).

So please do report these things to Tesla:
1. Slow to connect/start.
2. Multiple notifications.
3. Calendar (tablet) does not connect.
4. Had to re-install same version (2.7.3 150) in order to get Summon (which arrived here today).

Very grateful.

Yep, I had to re-install it this morning in order for Summon to appear (which is daft) and I now get 3 instances of each notification.

Did you reinstall it twice? Were you getting two nortifications before a single reinstallation, and then three notifications afterwards? If not, the issue is not exactly as iffatall suggests, which is what my reply was intended to show.

There is no question that notifications are severely messed up in the recent versions of the app, and many of us have struggled with duplicate notifications. But iffatall seemed to think he had the problem identified as one notification for each installation of the app, and I don't think it is nearly that simple.

Did you reinstall it twice? Were you getting two nortifications before a single reinstallation, and then three notifications afterwards? If not, the issue is not exactly as iffatall suggests, which is what my reply was intended to show.

There is no question that notifications are severely messed up in the recent versions of the app, and many of us have struggled with duplicate notifications. But iffatall seemed to think he had the problem identified as one notification for each installation of the app, and I don't think it is nearly that simple.
Yes, I did reinstall twice; after the second, I started to get 3 msgs. I was playing with Summon today and finished up with about 50, many of them abortions!

Yes, I did reinstall twice; after the second, I started to get 3 msgs. I was playing with Summon today and finished up with about 50, many of them abortions!

OK, then you may be an example of ifatall's "one for one" notification per installation. Somehow, I wasn't initially when I had the double notifications (unless you count the installation of the version that did not include notifications), and I managed to get rid of the problem through dumb luck. I am all for ifatall reporting the issue to Tesla. I'm just not convinced it is quite as simple as he portrays, as the simple version was not what I experienced.