Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The phone app for iOS was updated today. Sounds for the notifications is now finally available. You do have to turn them on however. Go to notifications in settings, scroll down to Tesla, and you will see a radio button for sounds.
This is version 2.3.

Yep - looks a little better, hopefully it'll make noises now - when travelling. My phone lives on silent 95% of the time. I do enjoy the banner notifications when the off peak kicks in and the car starts charging.

The phone app for iOS was updated today. Sounds for the notifications is now finally available. You do have to turn them on however. Go to notifications in settings, scroll down to Tesla, and you will see a radio button for sounds.
This is version 2.3.

"No vehicles linked to this My Tesla page. Your vehicle may not be ready yet."

You can say that again.

Hey does the app work on the Apple watch? Anyone gunna get one?

Planning to get the watch, but I cannot find any info as to whether it is water resistant. Very important to me. There was an app written for it foe Tesla. Who knows whether the mother ship has approved it or whether it is in the watch App Store, since that is not open yet.
Going overseas in June, so will at least save the gst.

Planning to get the watch, but I cannot find any info as to whether it is water resistant. Very important to me. There was an app written for it foe Tesla. Who knows whether the mother ship has approved it or whether it is in the watch App Store, since that is not open yet.
Going overseas in June, so will at least save the gst.

when end I looked the latest was that the watch is water resistant to light splashes or rain, but that one should avoid activities such as swimming or showering.

when end I looked the latest was that the watch is water resistant to light splashes or rain, but that one should avoid activities such as swimming or showering.

There's always the new Pebble Time Steel which unlike the Apple Watch is always on and lasts 10 days on a charge, a lot more water resistant and won't bug you to stand up & move around all the time. There's also a Tesla Control app.

Pebble App Store

Pebble-Time.jpg

There's always the new Pebble Time Steel which unlike the Apple Watch is always on and lasts 10 days on a charge, a lot more water resistant and won't bug you to stand up & move around all the time. There's also a Tesla Control app.

Pebble App Store

View attachment 77383

I'm a massive fan of the Pebble watch having had one of the original watches for a couple of years now. I get 7 days of charge, can wear it all the time and write apps for it. I'm also going to get one of the new Pebble Times; it is a great evolution of a great (and cost effective) product.

.... and I'll also probably get an Apple Watch :) I will however use it much differently due to its small charge time and lack of water proofing - more a mid-week business watch rather than a weekend do-anything watch.

I'm a massive fan of the Pebble watch having had one of the original watches for a couple of years now. I get 7 days of charge, can wear it all the time and write apps for it. I'm also going to get one of the new Pebble Times; it is a great evolution of a great (and cost effective) product.

.... and I'll also probably get an Apple Watch :) I will however use it much differently due to its small charge time and lack of water proofing - more a mid-week business watch rather than a weekend do-anything watch.

Must say I'm not a fan of accelerometer based power saving displays like the Moto 360 although it's not that bad. Don't think I'll buy an Apple Watch today...I've read that its display activation lags by about a second when lifted...obviously not the case with a Pebble. I'm interested to know if you've tried the Tesla Control app on the Pebble? It looks useful.

Must say I'm not a fan of accelerometer based power saving displays like the Moto 360 although it's not that bad. Don't think I'll buy an Apple Watch today...I've read that its display activation lags by about a second when lifted...obviously not the case with a Pebble. I'm interested to know if you've tried the Tesla Control app on the Pebble? It looks useful.

I'm on iOS and haven't been able to get the App to work (although the GitHub readme suggests it might).