Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Mounts in the Model 3;

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed this ProClip Magnetic Cellphone Mount for sale, this seems to be an elegant solution.

9921328c-369e-400f-954d-f79835381bcf-jpeg.456001

Thanks for sharing that. Ive seen this before and although it looks great, Im really looking for something more solid and closer to the driver. I was really hoping there was something available that is mounted right below the screen, almost like an extension of the center screen. I might have to just 3d print something.

I’ve looked around and can’t really find the phone mount that I’m looking for. I’ve seen the suction cup, the cup holder ones, the magnetic mounts and the a/c vent mounts. I design products for other industries in a daily basis and I’m not really impressed with any of the available options. I feel like no one is really trying hard enough to make a proper solution for this. Maybe I’m being too picky, I just want a better phone mount experience in this revolutionary car. I hope that’s not too much to ask for. I would like to see if the community might know better than what I’ve found on my own, otherwise I might have to make my own bespoke phone mount.
I just noticed this ProClip Magnetic Cellphone Mount for sale, this seems to be an elegant solution.

9921328c-369e-400f-954d-f79835381bcf-jpeg.456001

That looks awsome! I guess its great if you plant on watching a video. Like I mentioned on my last reply, Im really looking for something that makes the phone almost like an extension of the center screen.

I just pick this up, haven't installed it yet but I thought that I would have my media up on my phone with nav on the center screen. It's another proclip solution.

855497-51029118-1200_1200.jpg

I’ve looked around and can’t really find the phone mount that I’m looking for. I’ve seen the suction cup, the cup holder ones, the magnetic mounts and the a/c vent mounts. I design products for other industries in a daily basis and I’m not really impressed with any of the available options. I feel like no one is really trying hard enough to make a proper solution for this. Maybe I’m being too picky, I just want a better phone mount experience in this revolutionary car. I hope that’s not too much to ask for. I would like to see if the community might know better than what I’ve found on my own, otherwise I might have to make my own bespoke phone mount.
Problem is, you haven't really described what you're looking for, "better phone mount experience" isn't all that specific.

IPOW Long Arm Universal Magnetic Cradle Windshield Dashboard Cell Phone Mount Holder with 4 Metal Plates,
Soft Firm Goose Arm and Enhanced Suction Cup https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721B4TW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_SWY8Db8HG04ZY

Have the suction part mounted behind the screen so very seamless.
If you have a phone with a Qi wireles charging coil on the back, or a phone back cover, I wonder if this mount can be used?

It might be better to use a phone mount with a clamp holder than a magnetic cradle?

Thanks for sharing that. Ive seen this before and although it looks great, Im really looking for something more solid and closer to the driver. I was really hoping there was something available that is mounted right below the screen, almost like an extension of the center screen. I might have to just 3d print something.
This location would soon damage your passengers leg in an accident.

Tesla Model 3 - Mods

Just posted my mods. I ended up going with 3M Command Black Picture Hanging Strips since I couldn't figure out how to take off the phone charging door in the center console, Beyyon Car Phone Magnetic Phone Mount, and iPad Mini 4 to achieve my Waze setup. I leave my phone charging on my wireless charging pad behind it so I don't use it while driving.

Attachments

• IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 1,758