Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Mounts in the Model 3;

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's where you want to put it, I got an Xvida magnetic wireless charger, that uses a suction cup attached to the back of the screen. It's never come off in over a year.
Magnetic Qi Wireless Charging Suction Mount for Smartphones

thanks for the info. Not a big fan of the magnet in/on the case. This one has a automatic sensor that can open and closed the grip. Check it out on the i1Tesla YouTube page.

Reactions: KenC
Forgive me if I missed it, but I am more interested in how to wire up one of these clean wireless chargers without it looking ghetto. Initially I figured it would be simple to fish a USB cable from up in the display area down behind the display into the console to use one of the USB ports to power the mount, but it's actually so doggone tight I see no way to get a cable in there!. I really do prefer to have the phone up about the same height as the Tesla display, but I still want to charge it . There are a couple of QI wireless Tesla phone mounts, saw some of them linked to here, but how to wire them up? A USB port on the back of the display or on the display neck would be SO helpful. Anyone figure this out yet?

Forgive me if I missed it, but I am more interested in how to wire up one of these clean wireless chargers without it looking ghetto. Initially I figured it would be simple to fish a USB cable from up in the display area down behind the display into the console to use one of the USB ports to power the mount, but it's actually so doggone tight I see no way to get a cable in there!. I really do prefer to have the phone up about the same height as the Tesla display, but I still want to charge it . There are a couple of QI wireless Tesla phone mounts, saw some of them linked to here, but how to wire them up? A USB port on the back of the display or on the display neck would be SO helpful. Anyone figure this out yet?
Someone wired a Xvida Qi wireless magnetic mount thru the dash vent. You'll have to do a search. I think it was the person who also did alot of customization to his interior, with red and tan leather steering wheel. If you find that guy, he did the mount thru the vent.

I've been lazy/cheap to buy it, but you can get a flat charging cable and run it along and into the console. Being flat, it will tuck under the display and into where the folding compartment is. I currently have the upper console lid open and wire runs to qi charger. I can post pictures of my new setup when I get to the car.

Here is a neat solution. Attaches right on the model 3 dash. Options for right side or left side too. Thoughts?
Car Mobile Phone Holder for Model 3

Not even for sale in USA. I wonder why? I am always afraid that mounting a phone over on the left side might cause major bump or glitch to jar the phone from the mount, and that it might fly out the window. And agreed, to really consider it, it needs to charge. There's a video out there showing how easy it is to pop off the dash. It a wonderful thing about this car, it not too hard to get a little bit into to hide stuff.

I guess you can get it there if you want to throw $100.00 at it. If you'd rather not pay a 100% markup you might want to get it from from Amazon for $50.00:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083W1SCN4

So far everything I have seen on that "Pimp my EV" site is the same stuff you can get elsewhere, just marked up a lot. I got this mount and ended up sending it back. The sunglasses case is this cheap flimsy rubber cup, not really consistent with the rest of the interior. That could have been a very cool behind the screen stash. And the rest, while a clever idea, aggravated me by the the obvious things they could have done, but didn't, apparently to save cost and still charge $50.00. Like make the little arm a bit more adjustable so you have some flexibility in the height of the handset, or let it swivel up 90 degrees so you can rotate between landscape and portrait.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you can get it there if you want to throw $100.00 at it. If you'd rather not pay a 100% markup you might want to get it from from Amazon for $50.00:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083W1SCN4

So far everything I have seen on that "Pimp my EV" site is the same stuff you can get elsewhere, just marked up a lot. I got this mount and ended up sending it back. The sunglasses case is this cheap flimsy rubber cup, not really consistent with the rest of the interior. That could have been a very cool behind the screen stash. And the rest, while a clever idea, aggravated me by the the obvious things they could have done, but didn't, apparently to save cost and still charge $50.00. Like make the little arm a bit more adjustable so you have some flexibility in the height of the handset, or let it swivel up 90 degrees so you can rotate between landscape and portrait.

Why is that thing $50?? I'd like the arm to swivel so I can rest it on the top and not the side where it is blocked by the steering wheel...

I'll just have to 3D print something at this rate SMH

Well, I can’t comment too much on how much stuff costs unless it’s clearly marked up. Here is what I wound up doing:

8F6923DE-D84B-4DD3-B23E-C8E9DC128F68.jpeg
14CCEC7B-1B30-4B27-A0B9-A91481504EAF.jpeg

Reactions: Nichigo
I bought the Brodie Proclip and it’s great. No damage to the car with screws or glue and it allows my iPhone to sit below the centre point of the steering wheel. You buy 2 items; the Proclip which fits the car and the holder to suit your phone size. They screw together with a couple of small supplied screws. I bought this mainly because I like to use Waze for navigation alongside the Tesla Nav.
ProClip Tesla 3 2020 855497 | Brodit

I bought the Brodie Proclip and it’s great. No damage to the car with screws or glue and it allows my iPhone to sit below the centre point of the steering wheel. You buy 2 items; the Proclip which fits the car and the holder to suit your phone size. They screw together with a couple of small supplied screws. I bought this mainly because I like to use Waze for navigation alongside the Tesla Nav.
ProClip Tesla 3 2020 855497 | Brodit
Which holder did you purchase?