Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the new key card is waterproof? Anyone want to test it?
I imagine it shouldn't be different from making an RFID-enabled chip credit card waterproof.

Found some discussion here and here regarding just a regular chip card (without RFID), seems consensus is it won't break unless it sees hot water for long duration such as washing machine, and plastic/glue could separate. Even the exposed metal contacts on the chip cards are safe since it's just connected to passive electronics embossed in plastic and sealed from the outside.

But Telsa currently does not remind you when your keyfob is in the car when you walked away. Not sure how they could do that though. Because you don't need to lock the car manually when you walk away. Usually with other cars, the warning comes when you are trying to lock the door (pressing a button on the door handle) and the car detected keyfob still in car.

My Chevy Spark EV will warn me if I leave the keys in it. It's not triggered by trying to lock the doors. I can arrive home, turn off the car, get out, and if I close the door with the key still inside, it honks at me (two super-short honks). Perhaps it uses the seat sensors to tell whether anyone is sitting in a front seat, so as to not trigger in that case. I haven't tried to make it trigger by, for instance, getting out and closing the door with a key inside but my wife still in the passenger seat.

• Informative
Reactions: Need
My Chevy Spark EV will warn me if I leave the keys in it. It's not triggered by trying to lock the doors. I can arrive home, turn off the car, get out, and if I close the door with the key still inside, it honks at me (two super-short honks). Perhaps it uses the seat sensors to tell whether anyone is sitting in a front seat, so as to not trigger in that case. I haven't tried to make it trigger by, for instance, getting out and closing the door with a key inside but my wife still in the passenger seat.

Oh yeah that should work!

if No_Human_Detected_On_Seat and (KeyFob_Detected_In_Cabin or Phone_Detected_In_Cabin) and All_Doors_Closed
Trigger_Car_Wont_Autolock_Warning

Code that up Tesla people! LOL.

VIN #3362 - Showroom Display

Today, is the first day that Tesla is displaying a Model 3 in New York. This is the Meatpacking District store in Manhattan. I was told that the car is staying for a long time, so go visit! CNBC and ABC were on hand filming and interviewing people. I can’t wait to configure a Dual Motor in 4Q18.

**If you have seen the video of the Model X pulling a Semi…I met the father, of the employee, that was filming. Nice guy.

Impressions:

Beautiful. A great size, similar to 3-series or A4, as expected. Fit and finish was on part with Audi. The premium fabric is perfectly fine. The panel gaps were all within an acceptable range, where you really would have to nit-pick.

Interior is VERY nice. I found the screen to be comfortably placed where it will not be strange to interact with the display for most functions since you sit very forward. The screen was also very quick to respond. The air vent control is neat and works well.

I did find the backseat foot area (under the driver’s seat) to be a bit snug (I’m 6’1 and have a 12.5 shoe). I would like more space to fit feet for my passengers, but perhaps the driver’s seat was very low.

Best,

Chris

VIN #3362

W8Qt9Nk.jpg

hOLwhLJ.jpg

m8bWsmY.jpg

Fv1Jayq.jpg

YDzNpDX.jpg

99YfVyM.jpg

LkcQ77x.jpg

p8pUlQk.jpg

cfl0EH3.jpg

WPmOgTL.jpg

EnrypXL.jpg

VxUMJia.jpg

7CkpGX4.jpg

Trunk is open

L7owyB2.jpg

Premium fabric: Looks and feels good to me.

RUCPMcH.jpg

Premium fabric and glass: Macro lens

vFiRCJ5.jpg

If it's the same as the Volt, it doesn't use the seat occupancy sensor. It's just: if you (1) turn off the car, then (2) open the driver's door, then (3) close the driver's side door, and (4) the fob is still inside the car, it'll honk at you. Even if you're still sitting in the driver's seat.

The key difference with Tesla is you don't hit a button to turn the car off typically.

Oh yeah that should work!

if No_Human_Detected_On_Seat and (KeyFob_Detected_In_Cabin or Phone_Detected_In_Cabin) and All_Doors_Closed
Trigger_Car_Wont_Autolock_Warning

Code that up Tesla people! LOL.

That is a great idea. As long as the Bluetooth sensors can determine the phone's position with enough accuracy to tell if it's just inside vs just outside the door, using the seat occupancy sensor sounds like a great solution to a real problem.

• Informative
Reactions: ConcordeSST
VIN #3362 - Showroom Display

Today, is the first day that Tesla is displaying a Model 3 in New York. This is the Meatpacking District store in Manhattan. I was told that the car is staying for a long time, so go visit! CNBC and ABC were on hand filming and interviewing people. I can’t wait to configure a Dual Motor in 4Q18.

**If you have seen the video of the Model X pulling a Semi…I met the father, of the employee, that was filming. Nice guy.

Impressions:

Beautiful. A great size, similar to 3-series or A4, as expected. Fit and finish was on part with Audi. The premium fabric is perfectly fine. The panel gaps were all within an acceptable range, where you really would have to nit-pick.

Interior is VERY nice. I found the screen to be comfortably placed where it will not be strange to interact with the display for most functions since you sit very forward. The screen was also very quick to respond. The air vent control is neat and works well.

I did find the backseat foot area (under the driver’s seat) to be a bit snug (I’m 6’1 and have a 12.5 shoe). I would like more space to fit feet for my passengers, but perhaps the driver’s seat was very low.

Best,

Chris

VIN #3362

W8Qt9Nk.jpg

!vinbot Model 3 #3362

Status
Not open for further replies.