Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teslarati forums:
Tesla Model 3 Sightings & Spy Shots

black-tesla-model-3-charging-palo-alto-hq.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-display-palo-alto-hq.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-door-handle.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-charge-port-palo-alto-hq.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-side-palo-alto-hq.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-license-plate-holder.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-front-grill-palo-alto-hq.jpg
Is that an optical illusion or is it waay shorter than the model S

/ to mods
I'm not 100% that the black car is a production model. My post could stay in RC thread. That way - with the other one here - they would be in both places, just in case ;)
I left the link there for anyone wondering where did it go.

Last edited:
Omg with the "panel gaps"! Tesla does measure these and production vehicles fall within industry set tolerances. Of course if you really stare at them long enough...

Not panel gaps. I actually thought those looked nice. He was commenting on the gap between the car and the tires I think. They do seem huge, you can see the tire all the way back. Might just be the angle the picture was taken at though.

Interesting to see RED belt buckles in SN1. Not a requirement in the US. Tesla has always color matched Amercan cars.

Is this really SN1 or will the real SN1 be revealed on the 28th.?
It is a requirement in Europe, though. I wouldn't be surprised if they have gone for red ones on every Model 3. They seem to want as little complexity and as few unique parts as possible.

From the profile, it does not look like the same SN1 in pictures released last week. The nose and tail are both shorter and look more like the RCs vs. the SN1 production. I cry BS this is Elon's SN1

length of the lens on the different cameras for these different shots will have that effect..

the smartphone shots are going to make the 3 look pudgier to the eye than it really is

the staged Tesla shots are going to make the car look... it's best

same car

• Informative
Reactions: garsh and Ulmo
It doesn't have the light up charge status indicator by the port. This looks like an RC.

..then it's probably not getting the color ring.. save a buck. I think this is the car that Tesla is actually going to try and make money on.

And about that port...

Notice there is no plugged rubber stopper thingy that seals the port hole itself when the door is closed over it, they're relying on just a rubber gasket around the outer edges of the flap door? Dust. Dirt. This is going to be a dirtier port than model S.

And the port hole is not recessed at all, with any significant overhang protection / materials above to protect from inclement weather from above while charging... ? Hope that hole has great drainage, lotta rain getting in there during charging. Combine with dirt / dust and ... muck build up in the charge port. Plugs holes. Eesh.

I'd be using some compressed air on that port, often.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.