Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Midnight gray Model 3 at Whole foods in San Jose • r/teslamotors

VIN #110

03di78h.jpg

hEuSMa5.jpg

nUckPST.jpg

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
5eAbfYm.jpg

hkDejkh.jpg

Midnight silver is killing me. In some photos it looks more like a true grey, almost charcoal, which I was really digging. Then in other photos it has a serious touch of blue to it. I've never had this much anxiety about choosing a color of car before. Maybe I should just choose silver and be done with it.

Midnight silver is killing me. In some photos it looks more like a true grey, almost charcoal, which I was really digging. Then in other photos it has a serious touch of blue to it. I've never had this much anxiety about choosing a color of car before. Maybe I should just choose silver and be done with it.
My sentiments exactly. I feel it's possible 6 months down the line to say, why did I get this color, except for silver, which I almost always like.

I still feel the silver gets rid of my least favorite part of the car, which is the giant chrome border of the windows.

On the silver it almost disappears.

My sentiments exactly. I feel it's possible 6 months down the line to say, why did I get this color, except for silver, which I almost always like.

I still feel the silver gets rid of my least favorite part of the car, which is the giant chrome border of the windows.

On the silver it almost disappears.

On the silver and the white the chrome is bearable, on all the other colours I'd get that bit of trim wrapped in black or dark grey. I just wish the mirror arm wasn't chrome

Reactions: davedavedave

Just my opinion of course, but if it helps you feel better, I live in SF and am thus lucky enough to see Teslas of all colors on a literal daily basis -- and I wouldn't say the midnight silver has any touch of blue in it at all.

It really all depends on the ambient light. I wouldn't say it has a strong blue color, but under certain lighting conditions, to me anyways, does have a bluish grey color. I would try to find an S or X in person and see what you think. While not the same car, it is the same color used.

Keep in mind, in the photos really depends on the type and quality of the camera taking the pictures. That can definitely skew colors one way or another too.

Thanks for the pictures, finally we get a good look at a midnight silver (which is my favorite among the available colors) with the Aero wheels. Unfortunately it doesn't look good at all IMO. :( Gives the car a drab and cheap look. Tesla really needs to offer an alternative 18" wheel in a brighter color.

Thanks for the pictures, finally we get a good look at a midnight silver (which is my favorite among the available colors) with the Aero wheels. Unfortunately it doesn't look good at all IMO. :( Gives the car a drab and cheap look. Tesla really needs to offer an alternative 18" wheel in a brighter color.
Yeah, I like the Aero wheels with the white body, but on everything else they go from bad to worse.

Reactions: Dynastar
...I've never had this much anxiety about choosing a color of car before. ...
Funny, I'm experiencing the exact issue. Maybe because this car looks good in almost any color?
About the only color I'm not considering, is the free one :(
The other issue for me, is I want the 18" wheels. Some color combinations look better than others. By themselves, I *LOVE* the de-aero'd 18" wheels, but with, say, the midnight silver, they blend in. I'm definitely struggling. I'm in So Cal, so I see Tesla's all the time, and have been evaluating the colors a lot lately, but almost none of them have the dark grey rims that I will most certainly have. I am considering the option of powder coating the rims if I need to in order to be happy with the color combination, but again I really love the 18" rims by themselves so much, I'd HATE to incur the cost and change them.

Funny, I'm experiencing the exact issue. Maybe because this car looks good in almost any color?
About the only color I'm not considering, is the free one :(
The other issue for me, is I want the 18" wheels. Some color combinations look better than others. By themselves, I *LOVE* the de-aero'd 18" wheels, but with, say, the midnight silver, they blend in. I'm definitely struggling. I'm in So Cal, so I see Tesla's all the time, and have been evaluating the colors a lot lately, but almost none of them have the dark grey rims that I will most certainly have. I am considering the option of powder coating the rims if I need to in order to be happy with the color combination, but again I really love the 18" rims by themselves so much, I'd HATE to incur the cost and change them.

Blue is by far the best, but I am debating if it's $1000 better than black, which I like ok.

Just my opinion of course, but if it helps you feel better, I live in SF and am thus lucky enough to see Teslas of all colors on a literal daily basis -- and I wouldn't say the midnight silver has any touch of blue in it at all.

FWIW, we have a midnight silver S and in direct sunlight and up close, you can see plenty of blue metal flakes in the paint. That said, if you're more than a few feet away, you're not going to be able to tell and they certainly don't make the car look blue in any real way from afar. Though they are indeed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.