Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious if this is a NY thing ... to have new license plates at time of delivery (it takes a few weeks to get them in CA)
Yes, in New York the car cannot be released from the dealership without a license plate and temporary registration (official registration is mailed later). If you do not have an existing tag (trading in a car) the dealer will provide one from the DMV before you take delivery. Usually the dealer has plates on site and they always deal with the DMV for you. If not, let's say you sign for the car today, then pick up after prep in a couple of days, the car has the plate already.

NY does not offer temporary plates.

Model 3 Charging in Palo Alto. It almost looks like she is smiling, or smirking. Pic provided by Ryan Inouye IG @theryaninouye • r/teslamotors
at99jossaotz.jpg

Finally saw my first one while on foot (in Silicon Valley area). White with the big sexy wheels. Man is this car good looking in person. Remember that most phone pictures have a wide lens effect, so that rear end is not that huge.
VIN #510 reporting for duty!

9DF86DC4-82DE-407B-8C51-C1F18B30B29C.jpeg

Did you see the Bolt? Me neither...

9332070F-9EEA-44AC-90FD-AF699C340334.jpeg

Does this picture make me look fat?
Hmm, this sounds like a trick question...

B1CE39D7-E6E5-40ED-AA26-EE3EEA37BD60.jpeg

CBE3B232-6C31-4EDA-A0F8-FA115FC50B89.jpeg

View media item 117464View media item 117464
Finally saw my first one while on foot (in Silicon Valley area). White with the big sexy wheels. Man is this car good looking in person. Remember that most phone pictures have a wide lens effect, so that rear end is not that huge.
VIN #510 reporting for duty!

View attachment 255768
Did you see the Bolt? Me neither...

View attachment 255770
Does this picture make me look fat?
Hmm, this sounds like a trick question...

View attachment 255767
Is it just me, or are the panels not lined up (especially near the rear back/side light)? Heck even the bumper panel in the last picture looks bad (very uneven) from the picture.

EDIT: The panel gaps look really bad the more I look at those pictures. In places they are squeezed together and in others they are uneven and super tight..

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ggies07
Is it just me, or are the panels not lined up (especially near the rear back/side light)? Heck even the bumper panel in the last picture looks bad (very uneven) from the picture.

EDIT: The panel gaps look really bad the more I look at those pictures. In places they are squeezed together and in others they are uneven and super tight..
It's really hard to tell with static 2D pictures of all those compound curves and irregular surfaces. Plus you have shadows, light reflecting differently off different materials, camera distortions, etc. Also, white makes the black gaps stand out more. Virtually everyone who sees one in person says it looks better than in photos. Not saying there are no issues, but I bet it isn't as bad as it looks in some photos.

Maybe the OP can chime in with first-hand impressions of panel fit.

There are some minor issues but I'd say they are acceptable. Sometimes cars that have been produced for years have slight panel issues. Note that panel gaps are usually wider around doors, hoods and trunk hatches, while bumper panel gaps are fairly narrow. So the differences in the encircled areas are perfectly normal.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
There are some minor issues but I'd say they are acceptable. Sometimes cars that have been produced for years have slight panel issues. Note that panel gaps are usually wider around doors, hoods and trunk hatches, while bumper panel gaps are fairly narrow. So the differences in the encircled areas are perfectly normal.
That does make sense in regards to the smaller gaping of the bumper. I guess I'd judge when I see one in person -- which is hopefully soon!

I just wish we could real numbers on the range difference between the 18" and 19".
I really want he 19" as well, but it sounds like the range difference might be significant.
It depends. Are you talking about range on the highway or range around town or overall range? If overall, what percentage is on the highway and at what speed, what percentage around town and at what speed? If you want some VERY general predictions, I would say negligible range difference around town and 5%+ on the highway at a speed of 60/65 mph.

I presume, but it hasn't been verified yet, that range for the long range battery at 310 miles was with 19" wheels and includes a combination of town and highway miles at posted speed limit.

I presume, but it hasn't been verified yet, that range for the long range battery at 310 miles was with 19" wheels and includes a combination of town and highway miles at posted speed limit.

The long range was determined using the EPA test suite; we don't know which wheels; and then voluntarily lowered by Tesla (tests showed 334, IIRC).

Thank you kindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.