Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid S in the wild photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at front fender. Right pic fender sticks out further to me. The side rearward facing camera is in a different position. I wouldn't be surprised if that was updated to a side facing camera in addition to rear facing.
https://twitter.com/AEONde/status/1345145220120383489/photo/1
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqrqXHZXEAEYMd8?format=jpg&name=large
EqrqXHZXEAEYMd8
I have been trying really hard to believe this is a wide body, but it’s just not. It’s all about the lighting on that front fender, makes it look wider. Also, It just doesn’t make sense to me they would engineer a whole new model S body for changes that you can hardly see by looking at it.

... , It just doesn’t make sense to me they would engineer a whole new model S body for changes that you can hardly see by looking at it.
It just doesn't make sense when front fenders are widen a bit to cover larger front tires, that someone interprets this as whole new model S body change.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: IchDochNicht
It just doesn't make sense when front fenders are widen a bit to cover larger front tires, that someone interprets this as whole new model S body change.
The rear quarter panels are structural. If they are changed that necessitates the whole slew of regulatory testing that would be required for a whole new body, so for all intents and purposes it is a whole new body.

• Informative
Reactions: 5JMJ
I have been trying really hard to believe this is a wide body, but it’s just not. It’s all about the lighting on that front fender, makes it look wider. Also, It just doesn’t make sense to me they would engineer a whole new model S body for changes that you can hardly see by looking at it.
@DanCar I should had posted this comment as an independent post, not as a reply to your post. It was not meant to be a critique of your post, simply your post that had me staring at it even more.

Reactions: DanCar
Model S Plaid will have a 3 motor system. Should have tremendous benefits on road courses.
Will still be a heavy 4 door sedan, and not provide a Viper like nimble experience, and of course be running in totally different classes.
The most Earth shattering event will be when Tesla releases it's long planned New Roadster. It will have the Plaid driveline and latest battery pack technology. 0-60 in under 2 seconds. Probably built on a modified Model 3 chassis, but much bigger rubber and brakes.

They have a new technology where then entire front and rear clip are made from single individual aluminum castings. They are simply connected to the structurally solid center low mounted battery pack. Engineered to have less suspension deflection than any conventionally built chassis.

Now I know the Viper is no longer made or sold, so no need to compare. The driving experience is really what is important and Viper offers that in spades. Even if the Coupe is faster on a road course, for most Viper owners it will not be considered as a replacement, but perhaps as something to add to the stable.

Reactions: ICUDoc
Model S Plaid will have a 3 motor system. Should have tremendous benefits on road courses. Will still be a heavy 4 door sedan, and not provide a Viper like nimble experience, and of course be running in totally different classes.

You cannot achieve the published lap times without being nimble. Munro has explained how it's all about how the mass of the batteries are positioned, whether it takes turns like a figure skater or not.

The most Earth shattering event will be when Tesla releases it's long planned New Roadster. It will have the Plaid driveline and latest battery pack technology. 0-60 in under 2 seconds.

Plaid already has all that, the Roadster is just a smaller version of it for people who like to drive alone and use the rocket boost.

Will you be happy if they sell the add-ons as options when you buy?

models-plaid-wing-s07-kgp-1571861136.jpg

Nope.
If I’ll take delivery, it has to change the design somewhat. Love the design in general, but they should make a Porsche like refresh. Subtle but more modern. And the interior... it needs more premium for that premium price.

Since I’m in Sweden I also demand a lower price, given that the dollar has slipped 15% vs SEK.

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger and outdoors