Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plain Vanilla Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if similar thread has been posted before (did a search and did not see one).
It seems no add on order usually takes longer even was ordered around the same time. So might be helpful

OD: 10/29
EDD: 9/9-10/7 (updated 3/12/2022)

Thanks for posting this thread. I am curious how things work out for us for a basic 60k+ Tesla :). I ordered the MYLR 3rd week of March and still have a general Dec 2022 delivery. I hope our deliveries don’t continued to get bumped for the priority orders.

Reactions: MidNJDrv
I just want to point out that Pearl White Multicoat used to be a premium color, and black was the vanilla. Now black goes for $1500 more. Personally, I think the Ys look best in white, which is why I ordered mine that way. Plain vanilla for me, OD 9/25, EDD 3/21 -3/31. Hoping it doesn’t slip! I’ve waited long enough!

Thanks everyone for providing data points

My EDD used to be 6/2-6/30, then September, now it's Sep-Oct

I think location is also an important factor other than those extra on paint, seats etc. More data points will provide more clues.

I just want to point out that Pearl White Multicoat used to be a premium color, and black was the vanilla. Now black goes for $1500 more. Personally, I think the Ys look best in white, which is why I ordered mine that way. Plain vanilla for me, OD 9/25, EDD 3/21 -3/31. Hoping it doesn’t slip! I’ve waited long enough!
When you originally ordered, what was the EDD month? Just curious if it was close to March.

Ok I'm seeing some general trends of Ordering and VIN dates for base MYLRs from various waitlists and MY order tracking spreadsheet for
Base MY Ordering vs VIN---roughly a 6 month (180 day) lag

Ordering (OD/OC) Month Expected VIN Month
September March
October April
November May
December June

If new ordering overall matches production this trend could continue, but new ordering may have increased dramatically and the prioritizing of MYP and FSD orders (plus wheel upgrades ect to a much lesser degreee) would work with this to put further delays in newer orders. Hopefully Austin deliveries will start to lower backlog and prevent the 6 month time to VIN from becoming 8-11 month lag as order site is currently predicting.