Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plain Vanilla Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 5/21
PD: 5/23 with Finance/ No Trade / Changed to Cash on 6/14
EDD : Nov 22 - Feb 23; Dec 22- Mar 23

MYLR - MSM - Black - 5 seats - 19" Gemini - Tow - No FSD

Updated to cash only to see if i can get a date range like some others who orders in May got it after moving to Dec-Mar window.

Jan 2024

Maybe. I talked to the SA today at the local Tesla store and they mentioned the dates have been all over the place. Something about getting caught up on the parts shortages. Example: the charge port problem is currently behind them. He did say that my current EDD was 2022 to very early 2023. But yes, maybe they'll move it out another year to 2024? At least I'd get a fair chance on the 4680's by then.

EDIT:
Oh, I should add that while I was there some nagging questions were answered. For orders prior to April 28th, 2022, that the mobile charging kit will certainly still be included with the car, as well as PPF by the rear wheels and front mudflaps (depending on region). If those are missing in a shipped car, as some of them have been, a mobile service or drop off appt. can and will be arrainged. QC is still increasing (his words) and they've been less burdened by refitments. They had a lot packed full of deliveries today.

Last edited:
Hi All,

OD: July 27, 2021.

Current EDD: October - November.

I had multiple EDD change. I hope this is the last time it changes. This is going to be the longest 2/3 months ever. I hope it gets updated to September since it will be the end of the quarter.

My EDD went from end of Nov to beginning of January to VIN assigned and delivery expected Sept. 22 to Sept. 29. :) Lets see...
... and I thought the stock market had high volitility! Mine went from March - July 2023 to Jan./Feb. 2023 to Nov. 2022 - Dec. or Jan 2023 and now just says "Devember." At least it is now one solid month. Hopefully it will be Jan. 1 instead (for obvious resons).

... and I thought the stock market had high volitility! Mine went from March - July 2023 to Jan./Feb. 2023 to Nov. 2022 - Dec. or Jan 2023 and now just says "Devember." At least it is now one solid month. Hopefully it will be Jan. 1 instead (for obvious resons).
Looks like i'm tracking most of the same Dates. I'm hoping for a post Jan 1 delivery too, will play around with the configuration if needed to try and delay the delivery.

I picked it up on Saturday the 24th. gave two days notice that it will be ready for delivery...most recent EDD was Nov-Jan. No issues at all. OD 2-21-22 Delivered on 9-24-22. I spent about 30 minutes inspecting it. 5 minutes of paperwork and I was off. From start to finish, very seamless. Austin build, SN mid 10,000, no matrix, cargo shelf and no upgraded door trim. overall happy even though I didn't get the tax credit, but i also ordered prior to prices going up, so I am happy. I am trying to convince my wife to get the 3. :)