Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plain Vanilla Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nov./Jan. to 2 days notice and Sept. 24 delivery? Dang! I would immediately suspect it might have been someone's cancellation or rejected delivery and you were one they noticed had a matchup in the queue, but since it seemed like a nice built, I am very happy for you, and jealous. I would be shocked if my own December 2022 EDD was moved up to right now, but Tesla works in strange ways.

Personnaly, I want the cargo cover. Am ambivalent of the new doors (hate the wood trim), but that carpet halfway up the sides is of interest for added sound absorption.

Nov./Jan. to 2 days notice and Sept. 24 delivery? Dang! I would immediately suspect it might have been someone's cancellation or rejected delivery and you were one they noticed had a matchup in the queue, but since it seemed like a nice built, I am very happy for you, and jealous. I would be shocked if my own December 2022 EDD was moved up to right now, but Tesla works in strange ways.

Personnaly, I want the cargo cover. Am ambivalent of the new doors (hate the wood trim), but that carpet halfway up the sides is of interest for added sound absorption.
That was my first thought that it was rejected. Had under 10 miles on it and couldn’t find anything wrong it. They had a few at the service center that had signs on them to take home today. Had an X that was 140k and could take home that day. I am also glad got it deceivered prior to more interest rate hikes. Did a 240 mile trip yesterday. It was wonderful. No rattles or issues. Stopped at a supercharger to just try it out. I was blown away. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Bikeman
I picked it up on Saturday the 24th. gave two days notice that it will be ready for delivery...most recent EDD was Nov-Jan. No issues at all. OD 2-21-22 Delivered on 9-24-22. I spent about 30 minutes inspecting it. 5 minutes of paperwork and I was off. From start to finish, very seamless. Austin build, SN mid 10,000, no matrix, cargo shelf and no upgraded door trim. overall happy even though I didn't get the tax credit, but i also ordered prior to prices going up, so I am happy. I am trying to convince my wife to get the 3. :)
Did you order a LR or P? I ordered just about a week before you (2/13/2022), and just received my trade in call today. EDD range is still 10/2-10/30, but I’m wondering if I’m coming up next if we have the same configuration. Located in Atlanta, so I’d expect mine to come from Austin as well :)

Reactions: PewPew
Ordered a basic white MYLR with no upgrades, so at the back of the line.

OD: 3/2/22
EDD: December 2022 (has not moved)
Selected Cash and no Trade-In

I fully expect this to be pushed into 2023.
I just picked up my whitey Y last night. It was a whirlwind 7 months from shifting delivery dates and the "your Tesla is ready for pick-up " text in my case it was on a Saturday which gave me 3 working days i.e. Monday thru Wednesday to arrange the money, sell my other vehicle, and pay through the app. All new things for me but happy to say the white on black Y is in my garage.btw we live in Vegas

Reactions: PewPew
12 months for mine. A day before the hurricane.

Tesla randomly texted me last Wednesday/Thursday out of the blue and basically forced me to take delivery within 5 days (my only delivery appointments were Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) and no option to delay.

Photo Sep 27 2022, 10 04 30 AM.jpg