Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a political appointment. She IS an expert, and exactly the kind of person NHTSA needs advice from. She has a Ph.D. in Systems Engineering, Professorships at MIT and Duke, 20+ years of research in human-autonomous systems, many research papers on driving systems, Navy F-18 pilot, etc... I'm curious what your definition of an "expert" is. Or is it that you disagree with what she has stated and so you just declare her "not an expert"?
She doesn't have a 1000+ post count at TMC so clearly she isn't remotely qualified on these topics like my other esteemed TMC colleagues.

I've never been a big fan of that whole theory that everyone who doesn't own or want a Tesla is part of a huge conspiracy against the company.
Even President Biden has declared GM as the leader in EVs. One problem with that. GM does not have a single model coming off of the assembly lines at the moment. Each and every one of their second gen bolts and many of their first gen are getting new batteries. In the meantime owners are advised to park their cars outdoors. THAT is a big deal.

A lot of hate out there for Tesla and I don’t understand why. Currently is the most American made car you can buy. Envy?

Even President Biden has declared GM as the leader in EVs. One problem with that. GM does not have a single model coming off of the assembly lines at the moment. Each and every one of their second gen bolts and many of their first gen are getting new batteries. In the meantime owners are advised to park their cars outdoors. THAT is a big deal.

A lot of hate out there for Tesla and I don’t understand why. Currently is the most American made car you can buy. Envy?
Envy and politics. The Brandon admin wants to push union labor into every aspect of our lives and Tesla has refused, thank the heavens. Just look at the backward low tech EVs produced by unionized manufacturers. Anyone remember all the Detroit bailouts at taxpayer expense caused by unions strangling the auto industry? This is where Brandon wants to take us moving forward, by pretending Tesla does not exist. I can't think of a single declaration he has made has made that make him look more stupid... and that is saying a lot.

😂😅🤣...multiple family members are s in the infectious disease field.....they are vaccinated due to their career choices, but....wish they didnt receive vaccine, and say it started as something real.....but is now completely political......omicron is a joke......mid level cold at best.....i myself and immediate family are unvaxed, and climate change has been going on forever and always will......do ICE and man in general affect the climate?....yes....but ever so slightly....nothing like what the left reports.....read up on NASAa thoughts.

😂😅🤣...multiple family members are s in the infectious disease field.....they are vaccinated due to their career choices, but....wish they didnt receive vaccine…
If this is true this is extremely unusual.

I work closely with many infectious disease and pulmonary physician colleagues and they are all vaccinated by strong choice and plead with others to do the same. Also true of my former infectious disease and pulmonary colleagues from my prior hospitalist jobs.

Omicron is more mild but a lot of decreased morbidity and mortality comes from prior vaccinations and infections. That is not a reason to not get vaccinated.

It's Florida, so the Governor would probably require everyone to stay put and if anyone dared to suggest making evacuation mandatory would simply sue them in Federal court to stop it

mmmmm, the governor has NOT required people to do anything. The opposite of a mandate is to allow people to make their own decisions. Mandatory evacuations are not actually mandatory, no one gets dragged from their home if they refuse to leave, it just means you will receive no emergency response and so you might weigh that risk into your calculation. Why do the authoritarians believe it is ok to force a drug into peoples bodies against their will? It has been proven that the vaccine does not stop the transmission of the virus, you will get just as sick if you are vaccinated if you get the virus from someone who is also vaccinated or if one of those evil unvaccinated people gives you the virus. If you are vaccinated you are as safe as you can be, according to the experts, stop worrying about those that are not vaccinated.

...not sure what he/she/it means about the "withdrawal of [sic] Afghanistan", or what it has to do with Electric vehicles.
H

Why do the authoritarians believe it is ok to force a drug into peoples bodies against their will?

I wrote a long response to this, but this is a car forum, not a political one and neither of us are likely to change our opinions. So instead of what I originally wrote, I'll just say this:

Don't ask me, I'm just an anonymous person on the internet who you'll never meet. Go to your local hospital and ask the medical staff who are putting in 12 and 14 hour days six and seven days a week.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
It is not just Manchin that is voting against the BBB, but also the entire Republican side. It normally takes 60% approval to pass such a huge spending bill. This is to insure that the bill is well balanced for all Americans, not just one party. The Dems manipulated the system to allow passage on a gimick that needs only 50%, but they cannot even get this. That is why the bill is dying.

President has come out saying he is all for incentives to get Americans to choose EVs as their next purchase. Wants to encourage auto companies to build those cars in America instead of China. Believe it would be relatively easy to get passage of a bi-partican bill to support America manufacturers to change over from gassers to EVs. The bonus for Union labor is simply pandering to the Unions that send most of their political donations to his party.

According to Sandy Monro, if the American auto manufacturers do not get a support bill passed soon, the Chinese will flood our market with cheap EVs of their own and American factories will be closing down...forever.

I just hope they make it applicable for the entire tax year and not after the president signs it. I was reading the house approved one and I can't figure out if it would have been retroactive to 1 Jan if signed today hypothetically.
Don't worry, if the POTUS can find some way to shaft Elon/Tesla he will. They could drop the car limits to 45k and 55k for SUV or something to do that.

Don't worry, if the POTUS can find some way to shaft Elon/Tesla he will. They could drop the car limits to 45k and 55k for SUV or something to do that.
Just ordered our 2nd Tesla Jan 15th and bought our first in September. Right now delivery window Feb 28th-March 28th. Wish me luck...Model 3 Long Range model. Are these "windows" fairly stable on these models? I about fell over when I saw a RWD SLR was like a July delivery when I looked at it LOL.

When we bought our first we got it pretty quick b/c we opted for an LFP batter which is perfect for how that car is used.

And just because people are discussing I'll throw this out there...Its not the governments job to use our tax dollars for EV's just as it was not their job to make the US go from energy independent to relying on other countries practically overnight...either you believe in big government or you don't. I don't and I won't let MY CHOICE to get a EV be the burden of others.
Image 1-20-22 at 9.14 AM.jpg

Just ordered our 2nd Tesla Jan 15th and bought our first in September. Right now delivery window Feb 28th-March 28th. Wish me luck...Model 3 Long Range model. Are these "windows" fairly stable on these models? I about fell over when I saw a RWD SLR was like a July delivery when I looked at it LOL.

When we bought our first we got it pretty quick b/c we opted for an LFP batter which is perfect for how that car is used.

And just because people are discussing I'll throw this out there...Its not the governments job to use our tax dollars for EV's just as it was not their job to make the US go from energy independent to relying on other countries practically overnight...either you believe in big government or you don't. I don't and I won't let MY CHOICE to get a EV be the burden of others.
When did this turn into a political forum?

Just wondering why you don't understand that the vaccinations aren't 100% protection?

"The Swedish prime minister Magdalena Andersson has announced a new series of coronavirus-related national measures as Sweden grapples with an increased burden on its healthcare system."
Vaccinations have a very high degree of reduction of severe disease. It makes the virus less dangerous for the infected than the flu. Nothing is 100%. Swedens problem is due to the fact that they have government run healthcare. If it was private healthcare, government would not be on the hook for those expenses.. One more reason to stay away from single payer healthcare.

Status
Not open for further replies.