Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know enough about what happened to comment on whether it was right or wrong, but I know such a comparison is either massively exaggerating how bad it was or massively trivializing what Hitler did
He probably took a cue from how liberally the MSM threw it around regarding 45 or anyone who doesn’t agree with 46. 🤷‍♂️

• Disagree
Reactions: Spacep0d and EVNow
I still remember when he was taken to the woodshed for comparing Justin Trudeau to Hitler and then deleting it
At least that was clearly an opinion.

My bigger question is - will Twitter employees fact-check their boss, when he links to crazy conspiracy theories.

Seems to me, he needs to refrain from posting anything political on twitter.

I still remember when he was taken to the woodshed for comparing Justin Trudeau to Hitler and then deleting it

Hahah, I put that one in the ol' memory hole! Again, he's not just a user now, but the owner. I think he's going to tread more lightly now that he's quickly learning that advertisers aren't afraid to take their ball and play elsewhere.

“Social security largest increase”

That was 46 and they were fact checked in a now deleted tweet. Facts over feelings.
there's less severe consequences between saying "social security got the largest increase" (fact check: no) VERSUS saying that "Pence should veto the election and the election was stolen and rigged" (fact check: no + riots).

just FYI... they blocked border crossings and large part of downtowns and refused to comply with court orders - ordering them to vacate downtown areas and stop blocking border traffic
Well, the distinction was made on who’s allowed to peacefully protest and who isn’t.

That cannot be ignored even if you disagree on why they were protesting.

Well, the distinction was made on who’s allowed to peacefully protest and who isn’t.

The Canadian courts and legal system decided that. Not Trudeau. Just like it works in a Democracy. If you block a highway in Texas... you'll get teargassed within hours by riot police...

POTUS account checking, sorry to say, was a political payback by Elon. Did he fact check all the stupid stuff other important politicians are claiming ?

POTUS won’t get a Twitter employee fired, but Elon will.

Elon doesn't fact check his own posts on Twitter, why should he demand it of anyone else at all?

But we have to look at consequences. Did other groups cause $300M/day ?

They paralyzed the city’s life and disrupted some $300 million a day in trade by blocking crossings to the United States.​

Elon doesn't fact check his own posts on Twitter, why should he demand it of anyone else at all?
well. we will see about that... but if twitter starts now adding "fact checking" to minor inaccuracies (no, the increases arent the largest... see this law by Nixon etc) - but - does not fact check when Elon tweets out conspiracy theories by a "news site" which claims Hillary is dead and Pelosi hires male prostitutes... then twitter really is going into the shi**er.... remember how mad Elon got and how he doubled down when the NYT called him out for spreading nonsense...

Musk is currently influenced by alt-right narrative. He uses their language / code, frequently links to their fake news. Started with Covid. He doesn’t check anything before posting.
Yes, but on the post in question, you have to recall that he was "fact checking" a "sugar" post by Hillary Clinton. One where she indicated that the unemployed illegal alien, living in a hippy commune, flying LGBTQ and BLM flags, is some sort of "MAGA Republican", and once again demonizing half the nation. Thing is, countering a lie with a lie doesn't end up helping. But it is entertaining.

Yes, but on the post in question, you have to recall that he was "fact checking" a "sugar" post by Hillary Clinton. One where she indicated that the unemployed illegal alien, living in a hippy commune, flying LGBTQ and BLM flags, is some sort of "MAGA Republican", and once again demonizing half the nation. Thing is, countering a lie with a lie doesn't end up helping. But it is entertaining.
Better go do some fact checking on yourself before posting such garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.