Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to retort. Inflation is going to go through the roof anyway for reasons way out of control of the bill. This way, we get some real climate change policies including EVs (just to keep this within the confines of the rules of these forums
I’m all for climate change policy. This bill is not the answer at this price tag. There are other ways. I will gladly forgo my tax credit to see it fail. Maybe do some research yourself to see exactly where this money is going.

Fricken Manchin...what a whore to the fossil fuel industry. This part sums it up perfectly...

“This is not just hurting West Virginia, it is sinking the whole climate agreement and our ability to reduce CO2 emissions. He’s trapped by a handful of coal-burning utilities and it has global implications. It is shameful.”
you may believe what you're fed by such outlets, but I tend to think more for myself.
Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence.
Not too much there.
This is just the typical character assassination delivered upon those that disagree with progressives' mandates. Deny, Deflect, Demean, Denigrate.
Funny, but it seems to work less and less. Witness Virginia, New Jersey Governor voting. No one on the Left expected any trouble.....

Yes, adaptation.

I find it odd that coyotes can and have adapted throughout history while we human beings cannot or refuse to do so. It is ironic that our species name is sapiens. We are intelligent, sure. We've figured out a lot of stuff. But when it comes to sapient behavior, not so much. There is a giant gulf between intelligence and wisdom.

Survival means different things to different cultures. All cultures want to pass along their genetic material, but beyond that, things begin to diverge quickly.

... and also speaking of someone heavily invested in coal mines and a huge conflict of interest.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I didn't say that. Are you suggesting banning cars altogether?

We can reduce that number if people didn't drive under influence, used seat belts, kept speed down and paid proper attention.
I'd say its hypocritical to talk about "even one death from FSD" when completely ignoring 750k deaths in US from Covid (and > 5 Million worldwide) - actively encouraged by the same kind of politicians who talk about FSD not being safe.

Nothing against you personally - its directed at all those hypocrites who want to encourage "economy" but discourage FSD.

Just heard President Biden explain how the infrastructure bill will create the first ever national network of EV charging stations. I guess he has not seen this, built without government funding. :)

Tesla has too big an advantage in EVs over the other car companies, so the government is spending our money to help them out. More help promised to them in the reconciliation bill too.

1636581208020.png

Yeah, TRUTH !!!

GM killed the electric car and GM has done the bare minimum and has not lead anything.

Some of Elon's biggest competitors ( Ford CEO & VW CEO) acknowledge what he has done.

Tesla is a U.S. company. Teslas sold in U.S. have higher U.S. content than average GM & Ford cars.

Tesla sells more EVs in one month than combined GM/Ford/Chrysler.

If you live in U.S., write & call your Congresspersons, Senators, U.S. Dept of Transportation, and the U.S. President !!

-----------------------

Biden Ignoring Tesla Is A National Embarrassment
President Biden and the US government refuses to acknowledge Tesla for leading the electric revolution, and instead praises companies like GM because of their support of unions, and campaign donations. This blatant disregard for the truth is a national embarrassment. In my opinion, Elon Musk and Tesla are two of our greatest national treasures. Objectively the #1 selling EV company in the country and world, and single-handedly sparking the revolution to get us off fossil fuels. GM and Mary Barra are should not be praised for accelerating the transition to EVs, they should be blamed for delaying it. I won't be getting political again. Please be nice to me in the comments, just had to get this off my chest :)
HyperChange
Nov 18, 2021

Yeah, TRUTH !!!

GM killed the electric car and GM has done the bare minimum and has not lead anything.

Some of Elon's biggest competitors ( Ford CEO & VW CEO) acknowledge what he has done.

Tesla is a U.S. company. Teslas sold in U.S. have higher U.S. content than average GM & Ford cars.

Tesla sells more EVs in one month than combined GM/Ford/Chrysler.

If you live in U.S., write & call your Congresspersons, Senators, U.S. Dept of Transportation, and the U.S. President !!

-----------------------

Biden Ignoring Tesla Is A National Embarrassment
President Biden and the US government refuses to acknowledge Tesla for leading the electric revolution, and instead praises companies like GM because of their support of unions, and campaign donations. This blatant disregard for the truth is a national embarrassment. In my opinion, Elon Musk and Tesla are two of our greatest national treasures. Objectively the #1 selling EV company in the country and world, and single-handedly sparking the revolution to get us off fossil fuels. GM and Mary Barra are should not be praised for accelerating the transition to EVs, they should be blamed for delaying it. I won't be getting political again. Please be nice to me in the comments, just had to get this off my chest :)
HyperChange
Nov 18, 2021
You know the president doesn’t introduce legislation, right?

Or did you just read a headline on Reddit?

• Disagree
Reactions: Skateboardgolf
You know the president doesn’t introduce legislation, right?
Yes, I know that. I went to U.S. schools my whole life. U.S. history and government was my top subjects.

U.S. laws are introduced by House of Representatives. Today the President is of the same party.
It is reasonably to assume the two groups talk to each other and there is plenty of media reporting of talks between the groups.
The President's press secretary has acknowledge talks with congress.

So what exactly is your point ??? Nothing

Good people acknowledge facts & history.
Good people give credit where credit is due and don't give it to the parties (GM, Ford, etc) that are the ones that have to be bribed to do the right thing.

Or did you just read a headline on Reddit?

You can go Cheney yourself.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: DblOSmith and glide
Yes, I know that. I went to U.S. schools my whole life. U.S. history and government was my top subjects.

U.S. laws are introduced by House of Representatives. Today the President is of the same party.
It is reasonably to assume the two groups talk to each other and there is plenty of media reporting of talks between the groups.
The President's press secretary has acknowledge talks with congress.

So what exactly is your point ??? Nothing

Good people acknowledge facts & history.
Good people give credit where credit is due and don't give it to the parties (GM, Ford, etc) that are the ones that have to be bribed to do the right thing.

You can go Cheney yourself.
My point is you are posting a disingenuous click-bait video.

Also, you asked people to be nice to you in the comments? How weak Is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.