Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't post on nextdoor except up here...but feel free to blast this!! I want him to never try it again....and spend time behind bars.
This happened in Cali, no? I feel like you can commit violent crime in that state and still get off with a light sentence.... something about "restorative sentences".

They'd probably slap his wrist, ask him politely not to do it again, and send him on his way with a form asking whether or not he feels like the police treated him with respect during his short time behind bars....

I wonder he's guilty of something more severe since it involved you travelling across state lines? Probably not, but interstate fraud would definitely be a bigger offense, not that I expect the federal government to prosecute him lol.

Thanks for the clarification. I kept hearing about the EOY deadline and wasn't sure if it was purely political or if there was anything fiscal driving it as well. Sounds like it's political. One other thing to keep in mind is the child tax credits, those end at the end of the year. There is a strong push to continue those and a lapse (even if it's just a month) would not look good on the Democrats. The incentive to pass before year end is extremely high.
I don't mean to sound political, but, with new virus Omicron starting to proliferate, Dems they have another excuse to infuse more money to the economy and pass BBB.

This is a bit one-sided. If you look up old videos, the DEM party made vaccines an issue before Biden took office, with many MANY politicians saying they could not trust the current vaccines just because the Trump administration was involved.

Sorry, but both parties are guilty of hyperpoliticization in the "recent past".
We've discussed this a number of times, the Dem position was reasonable in the face of a lunatic desperate to do anything to help him stay in power and the messaging from Dems clearly stated they'd support it where there was evidence of sufficient testing and the experts signed off on it, which they did. Plus the fact that the majority of people refusing the vax are conservative Reps and Trump supporters. Let's not keep pretending that they would jump on board if Dems fully supported anything Trump said about the vaccines. You keep trying to make this indefensible argument that the Dem hesitance to just take Trump on his word is the reason conservative Reps aren't taking the vaccine, it's completely removed from reality. Worse, you know these facts yet still try to twist the narrative.

I love a good discount as much as anyone else, but I genuinely think the tax credit makes absolutely no sense. There's not a demand problem with EVs - they're all supply constrained. The only thing this tax credit will do is drive up the price by several thousand across the board (due to even more demand), completely negating the benefit in the first place.
Can't argue with your rationale but politics isn't rational.
Democrat Party is struggling, they don't own the courts any more, so all that's left in their quiver is money. No more arrows after that.
Buying an election is now their priority. Anything can happen.

Hello everyone

Elon says he would recommend not passing the stimulus bill. That it is unneeded regulation and should be deleted.

He says Tesla doesn’t need subsidies and neither does the EV charging infrastructure. ‘We don’t subsidise gas stations’ he says.

What are your thoughts? Is the stimulus bill bad EVs? Does it get in the way of EV innovation?

Does the stimulus bill hinder or work towards Tesla's states mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy?

See podcast link below for Elon references:

Reactions: h2ofun
You live in a representational democracy. If you vote to have your personal agenda realized, I wonder how you rationalize the corruption.

There's the problem. Everybody votes for the candidate that will most positively affect their personal agenda, i.e. 'give them the most'. I try and vote for people that I think will best for the country. I've got 'me' handled.

Yes he's right.
Show me where Subsidies are part of our Constitution. This Bill is wrong on so many levels on picking & choosing. We should never allow the Government to pick and choose winners and losers. What gives them the right? The corruption is right in front of our eyes but hidden slightly in front of the haze.
Companies should rise and fall on their own merits. This use to be the American way.

Status
Not open for further replies.