Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] Do you use Joe Mode?

Do you use Joe Mode?

• Yes

Votes: 118 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 76 39.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The AP sounds are lower which is why I use it. I wish the turn signal was the normal volume though.
I literally only turned it off because I already struggle with mistakenly keeping the turn signal on and not hearing it made that worse. I've never really had an issue with the turn signal as much as I do on the Model 3 for some reason

For everyone saying it sounds the same: The volume of the beeps and bongs is dynamic depending on things like music volume. If your music volume is up, so will the beeps and bongs be. If the music is quiet or off, Joe mode reduces the volume of the beeps and boops quite a bit.

I absolutely use it, but wish I could make it quieter relative to the music too. I don't mind the safety alerts being louder. The signal sounds seem about right. It's basically just the AP engage/cancel chime that seems annoying to me even with Joe mode, but it's even louder without it.

Side Note. It's really annoying explaining what "Joe Mode" is to passengers that see it and ask but aren't familiar with Tesla. Instead of thinking it's cute or something, they (rightly?) think it's poorly named and trying too hard. Something like a "Chime Volume" or "System Volume" slider accomplishes the same thing without coming off so weird, and could even be variable instead of on/off (like the navigation voice prompts are variable).

I voted "yes" but really don't notice too much difference from before. Here's my idea for an improvement:

I used to have a pair of Recaro seats in my 1971 Capri and then moved to a 1980 RX-7. LS model in brown leather at first, then when they were stolen, I replaced them with black fabric. How does this relate to Joe Mode? The seats had the optional stereo speaker headrests. Tesla should do the same thing; embed speakers in the driver's headrest which all of the safety / AP warnings are piped to. Rather than lower the volume of the audio system when sounding an alarm, the headrest speakers should be programmed to a level which is slightly louder than the current level of the audio system. It would / should get the attention of the driver while lessening the impact on the passengers.

Reactions: DigglyDog