Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: FSD Camera Retrofit Status

For owners needing camera retrofit, what is your current FSD beta status?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious to see where everyone is at with the status of camera retrofits for FSD beta. I know it has been very frustrating for everyone who hasn’t been able to get FSD beta due to the outdated cameras. Hopefully this poll can give some more clarity on how many people have been invited to get the retrofit, etc.

*to keep the poll as accurate and useful as possible, please only vote if you have a MS or MX that needs or needed the retrofit.

*You can update your answer in the future as your status changes.

Thanks!

No invite yet, I created 3 appointments since Elon tweeted about camera retrofits and it was cancelled by SC. I have created one more appointment related different issue and recent recall. I've asked the SC to retrofit my cameras, they didn't even know one such thing existed and I shared the link and parts needed, they are checking for the parts and will reachout to me, it's unlikely they will honor my request but worth a try as I'm driving 2 hours one way for this appointment

Reactions: pilotSteve and GenY
No invite yet, I created 3 appointments since Elon tweeted about camera retrofits and it was cancelled by SC. I have created one more appointment related different issue and recent recall. I've asked the SC to retrofit my cameras, they didn't even know one such thing existed and I shared the link and parts needed, they are checking for the parts and will reachout to me, it's unlikely they will honor my request but worth a try as I'm driving 2 hours one way for this appointment
I have had the same frustrating experience as you. From the poll results so far, it seems like the majority still haven’t received an “invite”, which is disappointing, but at least we aren’t alone!

MCU1, FSD, HW3

No invite, and I think it's going to be a looong time. My guess is that they won't do any camera upgrades for MCU1 until they finish all MCU2, and then they'll finally admit they'll never make a FSD codebase for MCU1 and will be forced to upgrade MCU1 with FSD to MCU2 for free, but they want to wait as long as possible because every day more people are paying for their own MCU2 upgrades or cars are going out of service.

I've waited 5 years. I can wait another 5.

Reactions: c0smicdirt and GenY