Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: How many Model 3s did Tesla deliver in October

Poll: How many Model 3s did Tesla deliver in October

• 0-100

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • 100-200

Votes: 41 26.1%
  • 200-300

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • 300-400

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • 400+ (over 400)

Votes: 14 8.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IEVs says "low 3 digits". Questionable if 3 deliveries will beat the Leaf's paltry 213 for October. October 2017 Plug-In Electric Vehicle Sales Report Card
The report says exactly what I think:
"October was basically a wash for the company."
and also this is bang on how I see it:
"Tesla realized fairly early into July that the September goals would not be met, and by extension the future ‘S-Curve’ goal into year’s end. It appears from that moment on, rather than working on”near-term” production and deliveries, Tesla has been working more proactively with a main goal of simply being able to show volume production by year’s end."
December will be the month to watch out for new model 3s.

Last edited:
Still 5k employees to get a car first. This will more than likely take us into late dec or early jan.
Then you'll have owners next-that's about 7k more cars. Not sure what happens to those who were fired. I assume they kept their place in line. For non owners-you'll be lucky to config this year.

December will be the month to watch out for new model 3s.

In my opinion, it is this month, November, that is the month to watch. They wont reach the 5k a week they wanted in December if they don't make significant progress this month. They have 30 days to ramp up to a couple hundred or more a week at least to have any chance of December being worthwhile.

Nothing future can be extrapolated out until present conditions indicate something has improved.

In my opinion, it is this month, November, that is the month to watch. They wont reach the 5k a week they wanted in December if they don't make significant progress this month. They have 30 days to ramp up to a couple hundred or more a week at least to have any chance of December being worthwhile.

Nothing future can be extrapolated out until present conditions indicate something has improved.

Their Q3 investor report now states they expect to reach 5k/week by the end of 1Q18.

I swear, every official update/earning report has me more down on the Model 3 and Tesla as a company. Like, I get that they're newer to the car production game and love how Elon is hellbent on changing SO MUCH, but when will he actually start delivering in volume?

All I have to say is that these delays better not cost me the full federal tax credit...

Reactions: Eclectic