Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on V11 interface

What is your overall take on V 11?

• I like its organization and customization a lot but its graphics are clunky. But function over form.

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • I love it and it's a huge Improvement in every way.

Votes: 149 20.7%
  • I I hate it and everything about it– wish I had not installed it.

Votes: 395 54.9%
  • I like its organization/customizability but its graphics are so bad it's overall a step backwards.

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get the trip menu back on the main display ASAP! The most important info while driving an EV is the energy consumption. I was driving towards central CA the other day and had headwinds of 10-15 mph. My consumption went up from a usual 240Wh/mile to about 340Wh/mile! Monitoring this through the new UI was a pain! Had to charge earlier than expected and this buried info was not helping one bit.

I 100% guarantee you it was designed by a team every member of which drives a Tesla every day.
I suspect this is true. In fact, for a major update like this no doubt they had their very best artists and designers working on this for a very long time.

I think it's safe to say that, like it or not, what we are seeing in this new OS release is the culmination of many months of work by huge teams of highly skilled and experienced developers and represents the sum total of their very best efforts. Some may love it and some may hate it, but it is no accident, and not something some inexperienced kid who never drove a car put together in his spare time.

Hopefully, with the help of feedback from users, they will continue to evolve this into something great. I think it has potential.

There's a difference between change that addresses a problem and change just for change sake. IMO this is the latter and the change is worse than what preceded it. I suggest that a high percentage of people that own a Tesla and an even higher percentage of people in TMC fora are pretty comfortable with change generally.
^^ This. To all the people saying “just accept the change and get used to it” I ask “what benefit did the change bring you?” Don’t confuse motion with progress. Progress would have been configurable apps while keeping the key, well designed features of V10 that are high points for the car like easy access driver profiles, one touch hear seaters, tire pres- yeah well you’ve heard it all before…

Any of the “accept the change” crowd heard of Windows 8? A whole lot of change, not a lot of progress.

I’ll be sticking with V10, since there’s basically no way back after upgrading.

Honestly feel like having V11 is going to devalue the car until they fix this stuff- I’m in the market for another M3 and the one potential purchase I’ve seen has only one flaw- V11 software 😂

In time, people may get used to the new UI and grow to like it more. So I wonder how the poll results will change in say 6 months.
If V10 and V11 were swapped (that is, the new UI was like V10, and the outgoing UI was V11), I predict the same people would complain just as loudly. Frankly, if you based stuff on polls like this, NOTHING would ever get better.

^^ This. To all the people saying “just accept the change and get used to it” I ask “what benefit did the change bring you?” Don’t confuse motion with progress. Progress would have been configurable apps while keeping the key, well designed features of V10 that are high points for the car like easy access driver profiles, one touch hear seaters, tire pres- yeah well you’ve heard it all before…

Any of the “accept the change” crowd heard of Windows 8? A whole lot of change, not a lot of progress.
Absolutely correct, it is of course easy to change, difficult to improve. But, to my eye, a lot HAS improved (though a few things are a step back). Overall though, Tesla is still way ahead of the competition .. has anyone looked at that 1980's UI mess in the Mach-E, or the bling-infested disaster in BMW and Mercedes?

The antithesis to your argument is that people resist change even when it is improvement. Most of the complaints really boil down to "its different" but are presented as "its worse" with no real explanation why. "I hate it" isnt really helpful or constructive. No wonder Tesla ignores forums like this :(

Last edited:
At first I was a bit shocked (and worried how I would explain all this to the wife) then I read the horror stories....gulp! But I got so many new features that I thought I wouldn’t get, I went on record here to say that because of privacy laws in France we would never get sentry live....yet now I have it, great!
What I don’t like is minor and I’m sure can be fixed with a few updates....that black bar at the bottom of the screen is ugly....the icons are too small and too colorful and too confusing....and the seat heaters are my main control, I’m hoping that I can somehow pin that to the horrible black bar...

Reactions: pilotSteve
I like the improvements but hate the new interface.

In looks it only has one good point it looks nicer.

I'm not going name bad points but where they could make improvements

Having recent apps is not necessary, get rid off it and make more room for the icons you do want.

Bring back the tyre card and make it customisable

Bring back the dashcam and sentry mode in the top or make it available with a icon you can turn on or off

Have the speedo where the speed sign is and speed sign where the speedo is

Hell its 2022 why isnt everything like a tablet, even the cheapest tablets let you rearrange everything on the screen
the way you like.

Reactions: Mr. Frodo
I like the improvements but hate the new interface.

In looks it only has one good point it looks nicer.

I'm not going name bad points but where they could make improvements

Having recent apps is not necessary, get rid off it and make more room for the icons you do want.

Bring back the tyre card and make it customisable

Bring back the dashcam and sentry mode in the top or make it available with a icon you can turn on or off

Have the speedo where the speed sign is and speed sign where the speedo is

Hell its 2022 why isnt everything like a tablet, even the cheapest tablets let you rearrange everything on the screen
the way you like.
Agreed. I don't get why they smashed the speedo on the upper left corner. It's terrible to look at.

Don't just include the media controls as customizable buttons and let us customize them to whatever we need. I don't give a rats ass about tidal, spotify, radio, etc. Just give me the ability get functional buttons for car control.

Strange if you see the version for vertical screen it's fine we have profils, lte/wifi, cdashcam/sentry on the top of the main screen nothing change on the dashsceen. We have separate temperature gauge for passager ans driver we have defrof function just under temperature gauge no problem with this 11.
I thing they make better work for S ans X vertical screen but why they not make the same for your cars 3,y ??? I think it's lots of bugs
The battery info it's not great on S ans X they not got info on the main screen but on the dashscreen strange idea.

why does each music service need its own app...?
At my company, our production software used to have a single screen that gave us access to 90% of the functionality we needed to do our work. Then we got a new CEO who was an Apple fangirl. She ordered our programers to redesign our software to use apps. Now we have to open 10 apps to do the same thing we used to do from a single screen. Everyone knew it was a huge step backward then, and we all complained to try to revert to the old layout. Now seven years later it's still considered a major inhibitor to our productivity. That CEO is long gone, but her insistence on emulating an iPhone continues to hamstring our company.

For those who hadn't seen it, this particular UI update is the result of Tesla hiring a guy from Facebook to lead its design. If there were any doubt that a dumbbell was behind this, always remember that this is the product of a Facebook brain, not a Tesla brain.