Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just have to ask once again. Does the vibration go away if you drive and trigger it actively for 5-10 minutes? Maybe a different issue, but on my 2019 Raven the vibration goes away after 5-10 minutes of triggering it. Very strange, but it is very smooth after it has been «warmed up».

~700 miles on my bone stock 6/2023 build MSP, I've noticed a light pedal vibration 32-39mph normal acceleration when I first drive off in the morning or after the car has sat a while to cool down. I felt it since I picked it up with 10 miles. Goes away after the car has "warmed up". No vibrations anywhere else in the speed range so far.

My auto OCD can live it so long as it doesn't get worse.

Reactions: 1100MCM
So, 1.5 years ago I had the opportunity to speak with Thomas out of the Tampa location. For those of you who may be in the Tampa area, he is an awesome tech. Anyways, at that time he told me that Tesla engineering was aware of the issue and stated that it had to do with a sync issue between the front and rear motors.

I'm just shocked that they have yet to resolve.
I'd find that hard to believe since replacing the half shafts in my car caused the vibration to be eliminated for a month until they took the car apart again.

Also, lowering the car causes the vibration to go away.

So, 1.5 years ago I had the opportunity to speak with Thomas out of the Tampa location. For those of you who may be in the Tampa area, he is an awesome tech. Anyways, at that time he told me that Tesla engineering was aware of the issue and stated that it had to do with a sync issue between the front and rear motors.

No kidding… if this where an issue afflicting a high volume model, like the Y, it would be addressed and fixed in hours, not years or never.

@WilliamG

Reactions: aerodyne
I'd find that hard to believe since replacing the half shafts in my car caused the vibration to be eliminated for a month until they took the car apart again.

I wouldn’t say, “go away,” but more like significant reduction. The only remedy that makes it “go away,” is setting the “Handling” slider in Track Mode all the way to “rear”.

Don't shoot the messenger. lol

I had the half shafts replaced back in the day to address this issue and my car was smooth as silk..... until the vibration returned about 4 days or so later.

My guess is the they aren’t willing to eat the cost for the fix. Instead sweep it under the rug.

Reactions: jebinc
I think you are a little off there. They delivered 19,225 S&X in the last quarter, or ~6,400/month. My guess is the majority of those are Model S. (But yes still low volume compared to the 3&Y.)
Depends where you measure, I suppose. I got my numbers off of a recent “Electric Viking” YT vid, I think. From what I recall, the last two months were closer to 1000 S deliveries than 2000/month. He shared a “by month” view, in addition to quarterly and annual numbers.

1,200 Miles on my S Plaid and i’m on my 2nd drive unit. I have vibration as well. And loud clicking sounds from the rear. Its better with the suspension in low mode. Service center is claiming the clicking is normal.
37k on mine, I got the hat trick with the vibration, rear clicking and front popping. The clicking and popping are intermittent and the rear noise rarely happens (10% of the time?) and almost sounds like the vehicle is flexing and a rear seat/ seat belt bolt is loose. Enough high frequency that it sounds like it is coming from inside the cabin. Front noise is usually only during first few moments of driving and around 50% of the time and consists of several pops mainly when turning the steering wheel. I still love the car but my 2017 P100D even with 90k miles was sooooo smooth and quiet.