Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they are gonna have massive problems from the start with V12 if it's truly end to end. Will be lots of non Bay Area edge cases that may be dangerous for them to work through. In the long term it's probably the way forward but it wouldn't surprise me if FSD takes a few steps back in the meantime. I think they will keep most people on 11.4.4 for a while.
I was expecting them to have massive problems with v11 but that turned out not to be the case. We’ll see when it comes out.

• Funny
Reactions: SalisburySam
LOL if my experience with v12 is any indication....
I "experienced" V12 just like you last night and it was flawlessly driving me all over Atlanta while I sat in the backseat with 2 hot single ladies........then I woke up. But strangely (or not) the wipers keep dry wiping and the ladies keep asking me why I had them on. 🤪

Last edited:
Hmm, so does that mean CT will have HW3 initially instead of HW4 (or Musk is again making up timelines)? You do recall Musk was as clear (as he can be) that HW4 vehicles would lag HW3 vehicles by six months or so in terms of v12 release?
CT has a front bumper camera so that requires HW4. Musk say HW4 lagging only means "could be sorta maybe in two weeks".

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold
I think the Cybertruck requires v12
So v12 for CT 11/30
V12 for the rest of us 2024Q1-2

That makes no sense. Why would the cybertruck require V12? V12 is not an operating system, it's a new rewrite for FSD beta. The cybertruck is a vehicle, it does not require FSD beta, hence it does not require V12.

That makes no sense. Why would the cybertruck require V12? V12 is not an operating system, it's a new rewrite for FSD beta. The cybertruck is a vehicle, it does not require FSD beta, hence it does not require V12.
I’ll say it a diff way
Imagine CT req a unique UIOS version
And inside is rhe V12 FSD stack
This all means Elon releases V12 but it will only run on CT for this initial release
Wider release later
Maybe

I’ll say it a diff way
Imagine CT req a unique UIOS version
And inside is rhe V12 FSD stack
This all means Elon releases V12 but it will only run on CT for this initial release
Wider release later
Maybe

Even if the cybertruck did require a unique UIOS, it would not require V12 since V12 is completely separate from the UIOS. V12 is a rewrite for FSD. It is not inside any UIOS. You could have a unique UIOS in the cybertruck without V12.

Now, it is possible that Tesla chooses to put V12 in the cybertruck but that would be an option, not a requirement.

Reactions: boonedocks