Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Will FSD Beta be released to everyone in North America this year and still be so at the end of the year?

Will FSD Beta be released to everyone in N.A. this year and still be so at the end of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm ... whats the verdict on this ?

82% got it wrong ?
is it technically wrong ;)

Obviously they really did deliver a wide release to anyone who asked for it, but I'm guessing that most folks who voted "No" assumed that they would improve it before they made it available.
I didn't think for a moment they would release something that warranted such dire warnings, I foolishly presumed they would make it good enough for more people to use.
Oh wow - the thought occurs to me that they have never had an actual FSD version before, it has always just been EAP.
Which means we should expect this will soon become the only FSD version available.
That is a scary thought.

I took a friend for a drive today, he's never been in the car when I've had FSDb running.
He was initially impressed (it was on the AP stack at the time). But when we got to smaller roads, slower speeds and junctions he started laughing in amazement, shaking is head at me. His exact words - "they released this to the public?"

Reactions: kabin
Need to call in @AlanSubie4Life to adjudicate.
Thanks for the mark of respect and for calling in the expert.

However, this does not require expert adjudication.

No, as we all know, FSD Beta is definitively not in wide release. They still have a few days though.

The wisdom of crowds got it right again. Amazing. (So far. Again, a few days for them to do a true wide release, if they wish. Does not have to be V11.)

Or did I miss something, and requests are no longer needed? I have to say I have not been paying attention. Anyway, if it does not need to be requested and is going out to everyone with the requisite hardware as part of the merged software release, yes, it would be in wide release. But I have not been following. In my car I don’t see the opt-in/opt-out, so is that not needed anymore? I think you always had to ask to be removed by emailing though….so I have no idea.

Is everyone with FSD on Early Access Program 2022.44.25.2 now?

Last edited:
So you get reinstated and one of the first things you do is rub us in the nose that got it wrong. 🤔 🤣 🤣 🤣
Yes, one of the things I wanted to post while on the "bench". BTW, I didn't even vote on this !

I didn't get reinstated as such .... when they "ben", they suspend for a week or something like that.

Lets wait and see if they can justify their "ban", anyway. Still waiting for an explanation.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Twiglett
I would argue strike system has to be removed to satisfy the conditions of the poll, too. Strikes rack up extremely fast for some people, and that would mean no longer the case “by the end of the year.” But anyway not even to that point yet; they need to give it to everyone first!

You can argue whatever you want ... doesn't make it truthful ;)

Otherwise you will be accused of moving goalposts.
How is this moving goalposts? This is not the same as wide release, exactly. I think for wide release they don’t really have to continue to allow people to use it. Just have to give people a chance and make it the default. But that was not this poll.

Because you are now bringing in extraneous conditions that were not specified in the poll.
Huh? They are right there in the poll! “And still be so at the end of this year.”

Obviously if some people are unable to use the release it is no longer released to them. And it is no longer so. This remain caveat was specifically included by the OP to cover these cases.

This is not complicated!

One thing I don’t do is move goalposts. This is not a “have-to-win” argument. I did not vote. It’s just picking the most reasonable interpretation, and sticking to it.

Last edited:
I'm making the poll a little trickier by adding the caveat that it must remain available at the end of the year. :p You never know what's going to happen in Canada...
What was this hinting at? The possibility that Canada would get FSD Beta then taken away?

Kinda related, anybody know if FSD Beta is available in other North American countries, e.g., 2nd-most-populous Mexico, unless the poll was referring more to "Northern America" with two countries (excluding dependencies…)?

There could be quite a few people who chose not to push the FSD Beta request button and accept the terms of early access, or more generally steps even if relatively minor "preventing" someone from actually getting to experience FSD Beta could potentially put a limit on reaching "everyone."

What was this hinting at? The possibility that Canada would get FSD Beta then taken away?

Kinda related, anybody know if FSD Beta is available in other North American countries, e.g., 2nd-most-populous Mexico, unless the poll was referring more to "Northern America" with two countries (excluding dependencies…)?

There could be quite a few people who chose not to push the FSD Beta request button and accept the terms of early access, or more generally steps even if relatively minor "preventing" someone from actually getting to experience FSD Beta could potentially put a limit on reaching "everyone."
No, Tesla Advanced Driver Assist is only available in US and Canada. Mexico is not currently on the release schedule.

Yeah in my mind Canada is halfway between the US and Europe (no idea if this is true or not) and I don’t think Europe will ever have FSD beta.

on that subject, what does "released to everyone" mean?
Everyone seems all inclusive, if it isn't clarified as "All FSD owners" then its Everyone
Changing it to mean "everyone who choses to join the beta" seems like it's moving the goalposts to make it fit what happened.
For the 82.6% to be wrong we have to make "everyone" mean "everyone who enables FSD beta then waits for an indeterminate amount of time before getting a new software version installed in the car and not including the 60% of cars who didn't check the box"
Which really sounds like a great deal of goalposts being moved.

Just sayin' ;)

on that subject, what does "released to everyone" mean?
Everyone seems all inclusive, if it isn't clarified as "All FSD owners" then its Everyone
Changing it to mean "everyone who choses to join the beta" seems like it's moving the goalposts to make it fit what happened.
For the 82.6% to be wrong we have to make "everyone" mean "everyone who enables FSD beta then waits for an indeterminate amount of time before getting a new software version installed in the car and not including the 60% of cars who didn't check the box"
Which really sounds like a great deal of goalposts being moved.

Just sayin' ;)
To me, 'released to everyone' means that FSDb is incorporated into the production software branches that cars get without specifically requesting FSDb. At that point, the feature is technically delivered. As it stands now, although (virtually) all FSD cars can get FSDb, it is still at the whim of Tesla and can be removed at any time with or without cause and with no recourse.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life