Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Funny how they put those fake exhaust pipes on to fool people. I actually had to double check if it wasn't just a Panamera body, but the roof line is too low and you can see that the exhaust pipes are fake, if you look closely.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-04 um 14.00.43.png

“There are situations in traffic jams where you will be able to read a newspaper, but our customers take pleasure from driving and this will remain,” Blume told Autocar.

On the other hand, Musk says "you won't care" believing a "taxi" experience is a defining characteristic. I don't want to read a paper, but get what Blume is saying. Why doesn't Elon at least market to both his driving, and AP customers? Sooner, or later, Tesla is going to have something to lose.

On the other hand, Musk says "you won't care" believing a "taxi" experience is a defining characteristic. I don't want to read a paper, but get what Blume is saying. Why doesn't Elon at least market to both his driving, and AP customers? Sooner, or later, Tesla is going to have something to lose.
Yeah, I mean, how cool would it be if Tesla made the fastest production car in the world? Then they could slap that moniker all over their website. That would really speak to the driving customers. ;)

Yeah, I mean, how cool would it be if Tesla made the fastest production car in the world? Then they could slap that moniker all over their website. That would really speak to the driving customers. ;)

Building a car that accelerates fast as hell isn't a feat that only Tesla is able to do.
But building a car that can sustain such performance over longer periods, that would be a feat worth bragging about. Building a car that handles as well as it accelerates would be even more of a feat.

For now, Porsche claims they can do both with the Mission e.
Going by the history of both Tesla and Porsche, I know whom I tend to believe more!

“There are situations in traffic jams where you will be able to read a newspaper, but our customers take pleasure from driving and this will remain,” Blume told Autocar.

This might also hint at the possibility of an Audi A8 like L3 traffic jam pilot. I personally would find that a little disappointing as I believe a highway speed L3 system would be much more useful.

This might also hint at the possibility of an Audi A8 like L3 traffic jam pilot. I personally would find that a little disappointing as I believe a highway speed L3 system would be much more useful.

L3 at highway speeds is also a lot harder to do. Audi is planning to increase this system up to 72 mph, but that's probably as far as it will go. If you want even higher speeds, you need longer range LIDAR. The Valeo sensor is actually pretty good, for it's price at least, with 150m of range, but the LIDAR range sets pretty hard limits on the top speed. And the radar probably also doesn't get much further, Tesla's radar is only 175m.

Interesting photo, but because the Mission E is in the foreground I think it makes the car look bigger than it really is compared to the Teslas. Based on other photos I've seen of the Mission E, it seems markedly smaller than an S, inside and out.
Lots of pictures of Mission E being benchmarked against Model S and Model X over at Motortrend... looks to be roughly the same dimensions as MS.

View attachment 251937

(Of course, these spy-shots were totally not set up for the press ;) )

Interesting photo, but because the Mission E is in the foreground I think it makes the car look bigger than it really is compared to the Teslas. Based on other photos I've seen of the Mission E, it seems markedly smaller than an S, inside and out.

Porsche actually released the length, hight, and width of the car.
hight: 1,300 mm
width: 1,990 mm
length: 4,850 mm

Model S for comparison:
hight: 1,435 mm
width: 1,964 mm
length: 4,976 mm

Model 3 for comparison:
hight: 1,440 mm
width: 1,930 mm
length: 4,690 mm

Keep in mind these were for the concept car, which was very low to the ground, so hight will definitely change a bit. But it's actually a bit wider than the S and closer to it in length, than to the Model 3.

Thanks very much for posting those dimensions. I now see the point of comparing the Mission E to Tesla's offerings. It will be particularly interesting to compare the Mission E to the performance version of the Model 3. I'm sure that the E will offer superior handling overall to anything from Tesla but at a much higher price than a performance 3 and probably a similar price to an S100D (the E base price of $85K is unrealistic) and yet the 3 and the S will offer a much larger cabin and more trunk space. And of course, the Supercharger network...
Porsche actually released the length, hight, and width of the car.
hight: 1,300 mm
width: 1,990 mm
length: 4,850 mm

Model S for comparison:
hight: 1,435 mm
width: 1,964 mm
length: 4,976 mm

Model 3 for comparison:
hight: 1,440 mm
width: 1,930 mm
length: 4,690 mm

Keep in mind these were for the concept car, which was very low to the ground, so hight will definitely change a bit. But it's actually a bit wider than the S and closer to it in length, than to the Model 3.

Thanks very much for posting those dimensions. I now see the point of comparing the Mission E to Tesla's offerings. It will be particularly interesting to compare the Mission E to the performance version of the Model 3. I'm sure that the E will offer superior handling overall to anything from Tesla but at a much higher price than a performance 3 and probably a similar price to an S100D (the E base price of $85K is unrealistic) and yet the 3 and the S will offer a much larger cabin and more trunk space. And of course, the Supercharger network...
I have heard there will be multiple performance options, so you will be able to choose 86k, or P100D beating, probably not both.

Not sure how much space the final car will have. A concept is not the right car to judge things like that from. But it will definitely have less trunk space than the S. SC network might actually be the Porsche‘s plus point. VW is building a big one and Porsche has those 350 kW charging capabilities, which I find the most interesting about that car.

I guess we’ll see in 2019 how good it is.