Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any guess what 310 mile range NEDC will translate to in EPA?

NEDC for the S 75D is 304 vs 259 EPA, so guessing low 260s EPA and under 250 miles real world.

(The Chevy Bolt is 320 NEDC vs 238 EPA but not really comparable.)

As one article I read, "Achieving the EPA-rated range of an electric car is difficult enough. The absurdly optimistic ranges provided under the NEDC are nearly useless. In fact, to the unaware, they are worse than useless — they are misleading."

NEDC for the S 75D is 304 vs 259 EPA, so guessing low 260s EPA and under 250 miles real world.

(The Chevy Bolt is 320 NEDC vs 238 EPA but not really comparable.)

As one article I read, "Achieving the EPA-rated range of an electric car is difficult enough. The absurdly optimistic ranges provided under the NEDC are nearly useless. In fact, to the unaware, they are worse than useless — they are misleading."
Hopefully it's at least 250. I've read that they will be offering two different battery packs, 80kwh and 95kwh. The smaller battery could be even less than 310 miles NEDC.

Did not know where to post this best but although not about Porsche could be a fit.

This is a detailed video about Mercedes EQC with lots of information and a test drive. Its in German but really interesting.

Just a few takeaways:

• The driver is from Mercedes and very carefully phrasing what the car can do or not
  • 2,5 t weight, up to 700 Nm, 2 independent electro motors with different specs, no range mentioned
  • Car will not survive long on a track he said
  • AWD, top speed below 200 km/h
  • Production: they put the electric motor where the ICE was. Its just one additional production step which is the marriage for the battery pack, IOW the car is optimized for production based on the ICE line but not designed from scratch like Tesla. I believe this will create caveats
  • Production start autumn 2019

They talk a lot about less noice, comfort and sailing in traffic. So this does not compare with what a Tesla can do. Also the car is completely like an ICE but with a batterie which won't compare well to other EVs.

In short I understand what Mercedes tries to accomplish here but they won't likely create a lot of demand with it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: brianman
Did not know where to post this best but although not about Porsche could be a fit.
This is a detailed video about Mercedes EQC with lots of information and a test drive. Its in German but really interesting.
Just a few takeaways:

• The driver is from Mercedes and very carefully phrasing what the car can do or not
  • 2,5 t weight, up to 700 Nm, 2 independent electro motors with different specs, no range mentioned
  • Car will not survive long on a track he said
  • AWD, top speed below 200 km/h
  • Production: they put the electric motor where the ICE was. Its just one additional production step which is the marriage for the battery pack, IOW the car is optimized for production based on the ICE line but not designed from scratch like Tesla. I believe this will create caveats
  • Production start autumn 2019

They talk a lot about less noice, comfort and sailing in traffic. So this does not compare with what a Tesla can do. Also the car is completely like an ICE but with a batterie which won't compare well to other EVs.

In short I understand what Mercedes tries to accomplish here but they won't likely create a lot of demand with it.

The truth is not pretty... :cool: Mercedes-Benz unveils very revealing EQC electric SUV teaser ahead of debut

• Informative
Reactions: 30seconds
Porsche Taycan spied with less camo as it edges closer to production

Porsche Taycan spied with less camo as it edges closer to production
Is that a trunk?
porsche-taycan-12-1.jpg

In person, the Mission E appears significantly larger and wider than the current Model S... YMMV :cool:

View attachment 330543 View attachment 330544 View attachment 330546

Is this the actual car that will be produced? There were people who really didn’t like the looks of the Model 3 (with it’s “duck bill”) or even the refreshed Model S (front view) and can’t imagine what they think of the front and rear of the Porsche shown in those photos. Side view would definitely be my favor side. Whenever I look at the front shot I think the car has this big Joker kind of grin. Not sure what the rear view image evokes. Space ship or something, kind of jarring. Not sure if the spec sheet above (comparing it to the Model S) is correct but with a huge hip area like that surprised that it will only seat 2 in the back.

Last edited: