Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it'll kill off the Panamera, iirc, it's volume is decent in Porsche's lineup, it can cater to separate markets. Taycan's interior volume is smaller as mentioned, it's more of the size of 3 instead of S, or civic instead of accord, or whatever, and the jump from that to Cayenne is a large leap.

(Also not everyone can or want to plug in still)

I guess maybe? On the other hand, I use my S for road trips all the time, it's never made me say "oh I really wish I had an X for this".

The S is a great all around car. There are only two of us so the back seats remain folded down most of the time and it's our hauler. For most things we need to haul it's much more useful than my SO's Subaru Impreza. She's gone from refueling her car once a week to once a month. It's a great road trip car too, I have no complaints.

Reactions: pilotSteve and jgs
The Taycan that did the 'Ring record is the $150K "turbo" model, not the entry level one. And it's a Model 3 competitor in size and temperament, not Model S, regardless what the marketers claim (I guess it's just too embarrassing to compare your new $90K base car to one that starts under $40K). So while it probably is a better track car, it's twice the price of an equivalent Tesla.

I also see it as a different market than the Panamera, though some Panamera buyers probably wanted a smaller sedan. So maybe it will eat into sales by 20%?

The Taycan that did the 'Ring record is the $150K "turbo" model, not the entry level one. And it's a Model 3 competitor in size and temperament, not Model S, regardless what the marketers claim
Right, we all know that size is all that matters. I mean, who would want a Porsche 911 when they can have a Honda Civic that has more room and 2 more doors. :p

• Funny
Reactions: rwjr44 and Brando
Ceramic brakes (420mm discs at the front), four-wheel drive, 21-inch wheels, three-chamber air suspension, electronic dampers, electronic rear differential, rear-wheel steering.

Over 600bhp from a pair of electric motors (roughly 400bhp-odd to the rear, 200bhp to the front) one on each axle, possibly an overboost mode giving over 700bhp for short bursts. A kerb weight of over 2.2-tonnes, but still 0-62mph in under 3.0 seconds, 0-124mph in under 10 seconds and a top speed of 155mph.

Whispers of a two-speed gearbox, too, that unlocks maximum acceleration when you need it while allowing more efficient cruising at motorway speeds. WLTP range is expected to be somewhere between 250 and 300 miles.

Porsche Taycan review: our first go in Tesla's big rival

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: hiroshiy and Brando
Ceramic brakes (420mm discs at the front), four-wheel drive, 21-inch wheels, three-chamber air suspension, electronic dampers, electronic rear differential, rear-wheel steering.

Over 600bhp from a pair of electric motors (roughly 400bhp-odd to the rear, 200bhp to the front) one on each axle, possibly an overboost mode giving over 700bhp for short bursts. A kerb weight of over 2.2-tonnes, but still 0-62mph in under 3.0 seconds, 0-124mph in under 10 seconds and a top speed of 155mph.

Whispers of a two-speed gearbox, too, that unlocks maximum acceleration when you need it while allowing more efficient cruising at motorway speeds. WLTP range is expected to be somewhere between 250 and 300 miles.

Porsche Taycan review: our first go in Tesla's big rival

I bet this configuration is close to $200k. Because Porsche.

Great review from Top Gear. Seriously, this is good news that a company like Porsche built a "proper" trackable EV sport sedan, and Audi built a "proper" off-road capable EV SUV, both catering to high end buyers who want a "normal" car but electric instead of gas. No one-foot driving, as most people don't want that, at least for now. It means EV's are becoming accepted.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Porsche Taycan does 0-90-0 mph acceleration in 10 secs on an aircraft carrier - Electrek

Another marketing stunt... were is the nationwide network of Superchargers Porsche?

For the 0-60 mph (100 km/h) acceleration, Porsche has been guiding a faster than 3.5 seconds time.
Porsche is going to unveil the production version of the Taycan on Wednesday, September 4th.

Probably the same place as their "autopilot" system. :D

But I'm thinking that most Taycan owners will wanna burn dino juice flying to their long range destinations. Also, these same owners will probably won't have any issues with their screens yellowing... I'm thinking. :D

Probably the same place as their "autopilot" system. :D

But I'm thinking that most Taycan owners will wanna burn dino juice flying to their long range destinations. Also, these same owners will probably won't have any issues with their screens yellowing... I'm thinking. :D

Not so sure about that... I always take the Tesla for long range travel and certainly don't care for yellow screens. :cool:

What's wrong with marketing an EV?
Being built as we speak?

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a little surprise up their sleeves. :D

Taycan Takedown

Here is another little surprise... Survey: Tesla Model S preferred to Porsche Taycan — but why compare just them? - Electrek

Screen_Shot_2019-08-30_at_4.05.25_PM.png

Last edited: